ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solihull success - WP holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baje

Solihull success - WP holder

Post by Baje » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Firstly thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my queries. This board has been a blessing.

Was granted ILR today and wanted to give a quick recount of the process in case it helps any new readers.

Had a 12.00 appoinment and arrived early at 11.00 (after I finally found it!). There was a queue outside but didn't take long to get in, after which I was asked how I intended to pay and given my ticket number and asked to take a seat. Don't know what the other PEOs are like but was surprised at how small Solihull was.

At 11.50 my number was called and after handing over my form and passport was asked for employer letter, Life in the UK letter, 3 months pay slips, 3 months bank statements and a P60 for the last year if I had it available. The IO seemed to be focussing on the employer letter for ages and searched for the SOC code on the computer (could see him type it in).

Didn't ask for any of my photocopies and after what was actually less than 10 minutes he told me ILR was granted pending the criminality check and directed me to pay. Said to come back in 2 hours at 2.00 to collect it but to leave my phone on as if I left they would call me if it was ready early.

I got back at 1.30 and it actually wasn't ready until 2.45 after which all my documents were returned.

I applied as a 5 year WP holder and there were a few things I was worried about:
- One of the UK entry stamps in my passport was faded and I only knew the date as it was in an email I sent 3 years ago.
- My home address postcode on my payslips and P60s was incorrect.
- Had to choose the SOC code which was closest to my job title and wasn't entirely sure about the suitability

In the end they thankfully didn't matter. I hope this is of help to someone and good luck with all your applications!

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Congratulations and enjoy..

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Congrats Baje!
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

If you don't mind telling us, what's your job title on WP document, and which one did you pick from SOC list?

Baje

Post by Baje » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Not a problem, I'm an events co-ordinator and chose SOC 1222 for conference and exhibition managers.