ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel to spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cacavoel
Newly Registered

travel to spain

Post by cacavoel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 pm

My husband is Irish and I have an EEA family permit. We are planning a short holiday to Barcelona in August. Will I be allowed to travel without a visa if I have my EEA family permit and our marriage certificate with us?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 pm

yes you can accompany your Irish husband to Spain, from the UK
with your EEA family permit, and your marriage cert just in case.

But Its worth to have a read of this thread. you need to be prepared
if you meet an "Official" who does not know his job, and the laws
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=19589

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 pm

EEA family permit or Residence Card?

We had a similar request just recently.

cacavoel
Newly Registered

Post by cacavoel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

No at this stage I only have the EEA family permit. I know for some countries, like the Netherlands, that is fine. If I do have to apply for a visa, what documents will I need (I believe it is less than if I were just applying for a visa without having an EEA spouse?)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm

cacavoel
Newly Registered

Post by cacavoel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm

"The above rules for holders of a residence card also apply to holders of an EEA family permit issued under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2000 (a stamp endorsed in the holder's valid passport). " taken from this link:

http://www.dutchembassyuk.org/consular/index.php?i=261

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:10 pm

cacavoel wrote:"The above rules for holders of a residence card also apply to holders of an EEA family permit issued under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2000 (a stamp endorsed in the holder's valid passport). " [...]
That would be a five year EEA family permit issued prior to May 2006.

cacavoel
Newly Registered

Post by cacavoel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks for all the replies, so then I'll have to get the visa. I also read through the above thread and that really scared me, it would be a lot better to just apply for a visa before we go!

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Documents you need

Post by eldane » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Non-EU family members
Do they a need a visa?
http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens ... dex_en.htm
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

cacavoel
Newly Registered

Post by cacavoel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 pm

I tried to get an appointment for a visa with the spanish consulate and have just been told that there are no available dates before my date of departure. We are hoping to depart on the 23rd of Aug and I tried to get an appointment on the 27th of july. I know that it is a bit close to the time but I was first trying to figure out if I do need a visa. What do I do now?

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Did you ask them....

Post by eldane » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

Did you ask them where one apply for the accellerated procedure for EU family members?

Applying for a visa

If your non-EU family members need an entry visa, they should apply for one in advance from the consulate or embassy of the country they wish to travel to. Their application should be processed quickly and free of charge.

Countries which are members of the passport-free Schengen area should deliver visas within 15 days except in rare and duly justified cases.

And remember: "Visas issued by a country from the Schengen area are valid for all Schengen countries."

And finally as my link in my previous post says: If you have problems, you can always contact our assistance services (http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens ... dex_en.htm)
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..