ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi rnr79,

Did you call UKBA today or previously regarding job change.Any update given when you called them.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

pkalluri wrote:Hi rnr79,Nazia88

I wish you receive your approvals soon.I know it would sound silly how we kept thinking over the period of naturalisation and did nothing than thinking of approval.You might laugh off after 6 months or a year over how stressed you were at this period thinking of speedy decision.

I have got 7 more days before i make a call to UKBA.Anyway i go home for lunch and i check post in the afternoon.Any news would update straightaway.
ok thanks for wishing i wish you the same, enjoy ur lunch and yes please update us when u get home regarding the post. goodluck
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

I just managed to request for duplicate letter to be sent. Special delivery envelope seemed like lot of hassle, so just went for the normal delivery.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 pm

vipul1981 wrote:I just managed to request for duplicate letter to be sent. Special delivery envelope seemed like lot of hassle, so just went for the normal delivery.

Well done and Good luck. When did they say they were going to post it?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

:) now this is a joke. She said it can take up to 10 working days for letter to be sent out.

She confirmed that the details and reference nos will be same as the previous letter. (just in case I receive the previous one)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:11 pm

vipul1981 wrote::) now this is a joke. She said it can take up to 10 working days for letter to be sent out.

She confirmed that the details and reference nos will be same as the previous letter. (just in case I receive the previous one)
did you ask them if you could post them a special delivery inside prepaid specil devlery envelop inside i think thats the way is quicker may be 3 days like this anyway lets see now hope you will get older one b4 new one
NAZIA XX

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Nazia88, I did ask regarding me sending them a special del envelope, then she said u send it first and then once that envelope is logged on the system, I need to call back to request a duplicate. In the end she recommended to let her just send it in a usual manner, to which I agreed

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nazia88, I did ask regarding me sending them a special del envelope, then she said u send it first and then once that envelope is logged on the system, I need to call back to request a duplicate. In the end she recommended to let her just send it in a usual manner, to which I agreed
ok thats fine then but we just hope that you get your letter asap. goodluck
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 pm

vipul1981 wrote:Nazia88, I did ask regarding me sending them a special del envelope, then she said u send it first and then once that envelope is logged on the system, I need to call back to request a duplicate. In the end she recommended to let her just send it in a usual manner, to which I agreed
Now that you've gone through all this - am sure once you get home you'll have the letter!! Atleast hope so!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:29 pm

I hope this every day now. Now I am not even bothered.

I have to go for s business trip to Europe, so was thinking if I can get my British Passport urgently. But now I am not bothered, will just apply for schengen visa.

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Nazia88 wrote:daniash i wish you goodluck you will get ur approval soon. but do you mind to sharing why your application is not straight forwared even i have seen the straightforward cases are still in queue x
Sure, well there are 6 different addresses and at one point I changed my name (I included a covering letter explaining in all the detail possible). But at this stage I'm convinced that the complexity of each case has no bearing at all on the time taken, considering that some straightforward cases can take a very long time too.
What bothers me is, because it is not straightforward, I didn't want to use NCS because of the large amount of supporting documents I also had to send. So, I had to do postal and I could not keep hold of my original passport :((((
Thanks for the good wishes, I really hope this agony will end soon.
I agree with the general principle that 'getting citizenship is a privilege not a right' but for £836 this is well and truly awful service.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40 pm

daniash wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:daniash i wish you goodluck you will get ur approval soon. but do you mind to sharing why your application is not straight forwared even i have seen the straightforward cases are still in queue x
Sure, well there are 6 different addresses and at one point I changed my name (I included a covering letter explaining in all the detail possible). But at this stage I'm convinced that the complexity of each case has no bearing at all on the time taken, considering that some straightforward cases can take a very long time too.
What bothers me is, because it is not straightforward, I didn't want to use NCS because of the large amount of supporting documents I also had to send. So, I had to do postal and I could not keep hold of my original passport :((((
I agree with the general principle that 'getting citizenship is a privilege not a right' but for £836 this is well and truly awful service.
Well its not a right but privilage..in terms of political words right....but when you pay £836...i guess its your right to ask for equal treatment and at least a decent process to know whats happening.

Are you sure having stayed at 6 different addresses is not a straight forward thing...why would that cause a problem its not a crime :wink:

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:52 pm

rnr79 wrote:
daniash wrote:
Well its not a right but privilage..in terms of political words right....but when you pay £836...i guess its your right to ask for equal treatment and at least a decent process to know whats happening.

Are you sure having stayed at 6 different addresses is not a straight forward thing...why would that cause a problem its not a crime :wink:
The thing I don't understand is - these checks are done once already when applying for the ILR. so why the delay!
I think its just a time wasting tactic to show HO looks at each application and every detail provided on the application!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:56 pm

1664 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:.....
The thing I don't understand is - these checks are done once already when applying for the ILR. so why the delay!
I think its just a time wasting tactic to show HO looks at each application and every detail provided on the application!
Yes I echo what 1664 said...i guess its just the tactic..have different processing time on different applications just to show that they going through very strict process etc....these days most of the records are electronic so it can be very quick

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

daniash wrote: didn't want to use NCS because of the large amount of supporting documents I also had to send.
The woman at NCS Harrow said there were few documents that people needed - essentially just passport + LIUK test pass certificate - if you were applying via WP/ILR route

My passport(s) had plenty of entry/exit stamps since I was a consultant working for european clients at times, so I just prepared a spreadsheet showing each trip and correspondingly every entry/exit stamp page number. She was happy and attached the spreadsheet print out along with the application saying that it would make the caseworker's life much easier ...
Last edited by hmw on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

rnr79 wrote:
daniash wrote:

i dont think its crime for different address HO know well that any migrant come to the uk and how they manage to live so its normal to change the address it could be any reason ( family extending/travel/job changing) but daniash also mentioned one word that changed the name did you had the same name when you had your ilr or any othere visa you held previously.
NAZIA XX

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

1664 wrote:The thing I don't understand is - these checks are done once already when applying for the ILR. so why the delay!
Absolutely, I have already applied for an EEA3 card which I included physically in my application and I gave them their previous home office reference number. This shows them that my details have already been checked, my residency requirement checked apart from the final year, they were happy I was not a fraudster, a terrorist, etc etc.
They are staring at an assessment they have already made of me a year ago, so no, I don't get the delay either.
I have been as open as possible. When there was anything which I thought may be confusing (such as my change of name) I explained everything openly and in clear language.
I have given them my whole disposable income for a whole month. One month of working for free, practically. Such a fee is not justified by the practical amount of work needed. No, it's just a cash cow thing. But ok, to me being a British citizen is worth more, so I'll pay it. But at least I would like to receive good service. If there are some checks required by law, okay I will accept that. But for God's sake, at least try to tell me the truth on the phone rather than making up an answer on the spot. I find it offensive. Try to be helpful, offer me to find out more if I've been waiting more than the average. But no.
I would never accept such awful service from a lawyer, or a consultant, or even a bank. I would fire them immediately or close my account, and go somewhere else. But we have no choice. We cannot go anywhere else. So we're forced to put up with it. This is what irritates me the most.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:40 pm

daniash wrote:Absolutely, I have already applied for an EEA3 card ... my residency requirement checked ...
But the residency requirements for EEA national to gain PR are different from the ones needed for citizenship.
The fact that your details have been examined by a certain department of the HO doesn't mean it should not be checked again. The nationality team don't know all the ins and outs of work permits/EEA rules. They are following the requirements of the law to obtain citizenship, no matter what is your history. Gaining citizenship is a big step. It's not a renewal of a work visa. I would expect them to double check every thing again.

BTW - What is the advantage of gaining a British citizenship if you have EU one already?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Jambo wrote:
daniash wrote:Absolutely, I have already applied for an EEA3 card ... my residency requirement checked ...
But the residency requirements for EEA national to gain PR are different from the ones needed for citizenship.
The fact that your details have been examined by a certain department of the HO doesn't mean it should not be checked again. The nationality team don't know all the ins and outs of work permits/EEA rules. They are following the requirements of the law to obtain citizenship, no matter what is your history. Gaining citizenship is a big step. It's not a renewal of a work visa. I would expect them to double check every thing again.

BTW - What is the advantage of gaining a British citizenship if you have EU one already?
this is fact gaining citizenship its totally different requirement.
NAZIA XX

gc123

Post by gc123 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Like others above, I am sure that complexity of application has little to do with delays in most cases.

The whole "undergoing checks, awaiting allocation" etc. etc. thing is just a load of B.S. as far as I can ascertain. They just don't want to say "It is sitting in a big pile on a caseworker's desk and they will look at it when they feel like it/are back from sick leave" (to name two likely examples)

Only in the UK would it be acceptable for processing times to vary wildly depending on whether or not your caseworker can be bothered looking at your application. I think countries where numerous Brits settle (e.g. Canada, Australia, NZ) should reciprocate with British applications for local citizenship. Oh how they would moan!

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Well I'll try to keep patient.... nothing I can do.....
But I'm really disheartened. First I was hoping I could go on holiday in August... cancelled... then I started planning something for the end of September... cancelled..... I have an important travel commitment in November, when I applied in May I thought all the paperwork will have been finished long before November... but now I'm not even sure of that.
I just want to scream.

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I have lost patience reading this thread from afternoon and did call UKBA.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:22 pm

pkalluri wrote:I have lost patience reading this thread from afternoon and did call UKBA.
what did they said to you any good news yet.
NAZIA XX

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Are you Joking.

Application awaiting caseworker consideration in a nice gentle tone.

I asked why applications made after me processed and decided.Guess what they said.

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:40 pm

I shouldnt discuss my application with Family & friends.Each application is different and could take 3-6 months to decide.That was the answer from todays call