ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of evidence documents for Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

List of evidence documents for Spouse visa

Post by gotshakespeare » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi all,

Below is an indexed list of the supporting documents I have collected for my spouse visa which I will be applying for in just a few days. I have opted to do two folders (one for originals to be returned and one for copies they can keep) so you will see by some of them whether or not it is the original or a copy with original provided in separate folder.

A. Application form and supporting documents from Applicant and Sponsor
1. VAF4 Application form for settlement visa
2. Letter of intent from Applicant
3. Letter of intent from Sponsor

B. Passports for Applicant and Sponsor
4. Copy of Applicant’s passport (Original provided in separate folder)
5. Copy of Sponsor’s passport

C. Financial & Employment
6. 6 months of bank statements from joint account (Original)
7. Copies of 6 months payslips for Sponsor’s current job (Originals provided in separate folder)
8. Letter of employment from Sponsor’s current job (Original)
9. Copy of Sponsor’s P60 for 2010-2011 (Original provided in separate folder)
10. Sponsor’s CV
11. Copies of Applicant’s tax returns for 2009 & 2010 (Originals not provided as it was e-filed)
12. Applicant’s CV

D. Accommodation
13. Letters of support from joint Landlords
a. Letter of support from John William Talbot (Notarized Original)
i. Copy of John William Talbot’s passport
b. Letter of support from Christine Ann Talbot (Notarized Original)
i. Copy of Christine Ann Talbot’s passport
14. Copy of Deed showing ownership (Notarized Copy)
15. Land Registry Title Deed
16. Land Registry Title plan
17. Copies of 6 months payslips from joint Landlords (Originals provided in separate folder)
a. John William Talbot’s payslips for 6 months
b. Christine Ann Talbot’s payslips for 6 months
18. 6 months of bank statements from joint Landlords (Originals)
a. John William Talbot’s personal bank account statement
b. Christine Anne Talbot’s personal bank account statement
c. Christine Ann Talbot’s personal bank account statement (where rent is paid into)
d. John & Christine Talbot’s joint bank account statement (where mortgage is paid out)
19. Statement from Mortgage Company from 2010 & 2011
20. Copy of letter from surveyor showing room measurements and no overcrowding (Original provided in separate folder)
21. Copy of Council Tax bill for 2011/2012 (Original provided in separate folder)
22. Photos of property

E. Proof of Relationship
23. Copies of emails between Applicant and Sponsor starting the 6 of September 2010
24. Copies of Instant messages from Yahoo and Skype
25. Copies of receipts for letters and packages sent back and forth between Applicant and Sponsor (Originals provided in separate folder)
26. Phones bills from September 2010 – July 2011 showing phone calls and text messages between Applicant and Sponsor (Originals)
27. Copies of travel documents for Applicant and Sponsor (Originals provided in separate folder)
28. Photos of Applicant and Sponsor together

F. Marriage
29. Copy of Marriage License – Front and Back (Original provided in separate folder)
30. Copy of Invitation to Wedding (Original provided in separate folder)
31. Letters of support from Family and Friends (Original)
32. Photos of Wedding Ceremony in USA
33. Photos of Wedding Reception in UK

Is this adequate or am I missing something? Please let me know your thoughts! Any help is more than appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Stacey

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Why are you submitting pay slips and financial evidence from (I assume) your husband's parents? Are they providing 3rd party financial support?

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

We met with a solicitor at one point and she told us that she had previously seen an application denied due to lack of proof that the mortgage could be paid by the parents they were going to live with. So she suggested that we include that information to show proof. Is that wrong?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:51 pm

A copy of the mortgage agreement would be sufficient. In my opinion the ECO may well be confused by so many different submissions of finance, when all they need to see is the financial evidence from your husband.
Neither do you have to submit copies of your in-laws passports.

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Now I am confused. I do have a copy of the mortgage statement from last year showing payments and an up to date copy for this year showing they are caught up on the payments. Is that considered the mortgage agreement?

I am siding with you now that I probably shouldn't includetheir financial information, but I am scared since that is what the solicitor said to do that they will reject me for that reason.

The solicitor told us that anyone that submits a letter of support for my visa has to have a copy of their passport. Is that also incorrect?

Completely confused now :?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Click on this link for the documents that you will need to provide.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... settlement

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Casa wrote: Are they providing 3rd party financial support?
Would it be better to put the bank statements and payslips under Financial instead of Accommodation so that way it would show third party support? Would there have to be another form filled out or would they just need to include it in their letter of support?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

But are your husband's parents providing financial support or simply accommodation? This is quite different. Until recently 3rd party financial support (provided when a sponsor was unable to show sufficient income to support them and their spouse) was disallowed. This now is accepted, in which case your in-laws would have to submit evidence of their finances together with a letter stating that they would be responsible for on-going financial support to ensure that you would not need to claim Public Funds.
Have I missed something in a previous post? I believed that your husband has sufficient income and his parents were simply providing you both with rent-free accommodation.

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 pm

You haven't missed anything. You are correct. He doesn't make a ton of money but he does make above the weekly minimum after rent, council tax, and loan repayments. It is not much above the weekly minimum but it is above. They are simply providing accommodation though it is not free we will be paying 120 pounds per month which includes rent, council tax, and all necessary living expenses.

Husband's monthly income - rent, council tax - loan repayment = maintenance
750 - 120 - 102 = 528 for maintenance...would that be correct?

You are right I shouldn't include their financial information. I was just following what the solicitor said but I think she might have been referring to a case that had different circumstances than ours.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 am

The solicitor may have been referring to a case where 3rd party financial support was being provided. You don't need to submit the bank statements or other financial documents from your in-laws. If you do, the ECO may well mistake it as an application asking for 3rd party finance to be considered.
You should however, state what rent and council tax contribution you'll be making monthly.
When you've deducted rent/council tax and loan or credit card repayments will you have at least £105.95 weekly remaining?
Edit: Having given more thought to this, I don't believe you need to include the 'voluntary' council tax contribution. ECO's will often exclude council tax now and payment isn't your legal responsibility..it's your in-laws. What you pay them can be included in the 'household expenses' which you don't have to show in the calculation. Remember that many applicants show 'rent free' accommodation when provided by family.

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 am

That's Great! I know my in-laws will have no problem stating that they are giving us 'rent free' accommodation as they don't actually require that we pay them anything we just help out. The one problem might be that if the ECO looks carefully at my husband's coming and goings on his bank statement they would see a transfer of 120 to his mother every month or so. Should we disclose that in their statements?

Something like: Garry and Stacey are able to live here permanently with my wife and I rent free. Though they do occassionally make a household contribution for food and such, they will be living here at no charge.

Would something like that be ok (they will be writing it so I don't know exactly how they will word it but something along those lines)? Or would it be better to just have them say it is 'rent free' accommodation and not mention anything about the household contribution?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! We are eternally grateful for your help! You have been more help than any solicitor I can think of!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 am

I would go with your suggestion:
'Something like: Garry and Stacey are able to live here permanently with my wife and I rent free. Though they do occasionally make a household contribution for food and such, they will be living here at no charge.'

Although I would change 'do occasionally' to 'will occasionally'

That will improve your weekly minimum won't it?

gotshakespeare
Newly Registered

Post by gotshakespeare » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:27 am

Yes absolutely it will! That means that virtually all of his monthly income will be considered maintenance which helps a ton! I will have them change the 'do' to a 'will'.

Thank you so much for all of your help! We are applying tonight and then sending the evidence off once I have arrived back home in a few days and my biometric is complete. So I will keep you updated.

If I can ask one more question of you: Is it necessary to get mine and my husband's letters notarized as we are going to do with my in-laws letters? The solicitor said it is best to get my in-laws notarized since it deals with accommodation, but we are unsure about our letters.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 pm

You don't need your letters 'notarised'.
Have a good trip back.