ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MRCP Visit visa after refusal of extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

MRCP Visit visa after refusal of extension

Post by madmedman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:31 pm

Hello all :D ...

Great forum you have here. My first post, seeking advice. (Please pardon my English)

Ok here it goes. I entered the UK in Dec 2003 for PLAB and after passing and remaining unemployed for more than a year, I finally got a job from april 2005 to april 2006. So I was on a permit free visa for the same period. I kept on applying for the next job but couldnt get one and it seemed I had no prospects in the UK. But before going back I wanted to take MRCP part 1 (Its a membership exam with the Royal College).

The exam was on 18th of May and I already applied for extension for the exam on the day my PFT was to expire. I got an acknowledgement letter from the home office that my application was valid but couldnt be decided at initial consideration and was passed on to other teams.

On the day of my exam, I had a few problems. I wasnt ready for the exam and I also had to pick up my brother at the airport. So unfortunately I didnt go to attend the exam. I know, lame excuses. I should have attended but I dont know how it happened. It was a dreadful mistake and I regret my decision.

So on 24 july I got my passport back with a refusal letter that read,

"Your application for further leave to remain has been refused. This is because the secretary of state feels the leave was not sought for reasons covered by the immigration rules" (something along those lines).

The soonest I could leave the UK was on 26 July and I did that. I didnt appeal because the letter said I had limited appeal capacity. Besides I didnt need to. I intended to leave the UK anyway.

Now I want to return to the UK to take MRCP part 1 and get back home as soon as its over. But I am very worried that the previous refusal may have detrimental effects on my application. Without MRCP I would be at a severe handicap back in my own country.

What I want to ask is: Would this refusal have any effect on future applications for MRCP visa? I want to take this exam as soon as possible, but do you guys suggest I wait?

I would be extremely grateful for any help...

Cheers.

dhananjaydesai
Newly Registered

Post by dhananjaydesai » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:15 am

provided you have a current/future job, you employer should be able to secure a workpermit for you and then reapply from country of origin for leave to enter- if the ECO is reasonable
Specifically for the MRCP1 why not visit the website www.mrcpuk.org and find a huge number of overseas exam centers which may be easier to get visa for, and cheaper to visit and give the exam.
Good luck

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:57 am

Thanks dhananjaydesai.

But I do not intend to work in the UK, I just want to take the test and come back. The MRCP visa that we get is a visitor one. There are other overseas centres but they are specifically for the local residents. Besides I am familiar with the UK and I have alot of friends where I could stay for a few days.

I dont know if I should wait for a few months or apply for a visa straight away. And would the last refusal have a bad effect on the outcome of my future applications?

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:35 pm

could anyone help me please?? :cry: