ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR stamp transfer to new passport.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drnaeem77
Newly Registered

ILR stamp transfer to new passport.

Post by drnaeem77 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi, I have got ILR stamp on my Pakistani passport which has expired. I have made a new Pakistani passport; what should i do to transfer my ILR stamp to new passport or should I keep both passports together? Also I have got British Passport now but I don't want to travel to Pakistan on my British passport!!! Please guide me to find the right answer as the UKBA website is not very helpful in answering my question. Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:11 pm

regardless which passport has the stamp... you should ALWAYS keep the expired one with the current one!

transfer is gonna cost you few quid and im sure if you search for 'transfer of visa' on ukba site.. you will find the procedure

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Cannot transfer ILR as you're British.

Enter and exit Pakistan on your Pakistani passport.
Enter UK on your UK passport.
May have to show both UK and Pakistani passports at airline check-in.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.