ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:41 pm

daniash wrote:Well I'll try to keep patient.... nothing I can do.....
But I'm really disheartened. First I was hoping I could go on holiday in August... cancelled... then I started planning something for the end of September... cancelled..... I have an important travel commitment in November, when I applied in May I thought all the paperwork will have been finished long before November... but now I'm not even sure of that.
I just want to scream.
NCS....

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

But I'm really disheartened. First I was hoping I could go on holiday in August... cancelled... then I started planning something for the end of September... cancelled..... I have an important travel commitment in November, when I applied in May I thought all the paperwork will have been finished long before November... but now I'm not even sure of that.
I just want to scream.
why you cant travel? you have had enough time to ask to send the passport... just take back the passport and travel wherever you want to...

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 pm

rightmove wrote:
I just want to scream.
why you cant travel? you have had enough time to ask to send the passport... just take back the passport and travel wherever you want to...
It's complicated...
anyway sorry for spamming the forum, I'll just try to be patient and pray.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 pm

pkalluri wrote:Are you Joking.

Application awaiting caseworker consideration in a nice gentle tone.

I asked why applications made after me processed and decided.Guess what they said.
well i have no idea whts going on there
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 pm

pkalluri wrote:I shouldnt discuss my application with Family & friends.Each application is different and could take 3-6 months to decide.That was the answer from todays call
wow great UKBA...naturalisation application is a TOP SECRET....do not discuss with your familiy.............HATS OFF TO UKBA

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:07 am

got my approval!! dated 20th July...

i applied on 23rd june, so it was a very quick turn around...

pvt ceremony booked for tomorrow!!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:15 am

Congratulations mate.

Nothing for me yet

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:20 am

vipul1981 wrote:Congratulations mate.

Nothing for me yet
when i called the council to book my ceremony they had recvd a letter from HO. (this is the impression i gatherd) I know your approval is missing in the post but it is possible the council may have recvd their copy.

wouldnt it be an idea to call the council to check if this is the case? if they have the letter and agrees to book u, then you are sorted rgt? I know its a long shot - desperate situs require despa measures :-)

thoughts?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 am

after my ceremony... i will be applying for my wife's naturalisation on the grounds of 3 year marriage to brit...

Q1) Does she need to show my naturalisation certificate at NCS? if yes, I will have to wait till she applies before applying for my passport

Q2) My understanding is my current passport will go in the post when i apply for the British passport. I have a business trip planned which will clash with the times. Theerfore I am thinking to delay my passport application till mid august. Is it OK to fly on my current passport after naturalisation as a Brit but before obtaining a brit PP?

views pls...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 am

shs213 wrote:after my ceremony... i will be applying for my wife's naturalisation on the grounds of 3 year marriage to brit...

Q1) Does she need to show my naturalisation certificate at NCS? if yes, I will have to wait till she applies before applying for my passport

Q2) My understanding is my current passport will go in the post when i apply for the British passport. I have a business trip planned which will clash with the times. Theerfore I am thinking to delay my passport application till mid august. Is it OK to fly on my current passport after naturalisation as a Brit but before obtaining a brit PP?

views pls...
Congratulations shs213..
1 . Sure she can apply once you've got your naturalization certificate after your ceremony.
2. You can travel on your current passport and postpone the application for your passport untill your return.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:10 am

shs213 wrote:

Nothing for me yet
when i called the council to book my ceremony they had recvd a letter from HO. (this is the impression i gatherd) I know your approval is missing in the post but it is possible the council may have recvd their copy.

wouldnt it be an idea to call the council to check if this is the case? if they have the letter and agrees to book u, then you are sorted rgt? I know its a long shot - desperate situs require despa measures :-)

thoughts?
This is what ive been saying. The council gets one letter and the applicant gets one. Am sure vipul, your council has one for you .. lay be go down there personally to book the ceremony and say you forgot the letter at home..

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:14 am

shs213 wrote:got my approval!! dated 20th July...

Do you know if all councils hold pvt ceremonies?
And if ok to ask did you have to pay for a pvt ceremony?

Thanks

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:28 am

Wowwwww...Congrats mates...which category you applied under?
just less than 4 weeks..dont believe UKBA does this as well

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:52 am

1664 wrote:

Do you know if all councils hold pvt ceremonies?
And if ok to ask did you have to pay for a pvt ceremony?

Thanks
i am pretty sure all councils conduct pvt ceremony... cost 54 for me. I called the nearest council that was in the approval letter... I think if you have about 3-4 people you can arrange a pvt ceremony and the cost per head is less than 54... Call them and ask, thy can do almost next day...

I applied as HSMP 5 + 1yr ILR...

I too couldnt beleive the 4 week trun around... I was expecting to the approval around end of Aug looking at the run rate :-)

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 am

1664 wrote:
shs213 wrote:

Nothing for me yet

thoughts?
This is what ive been saying. The council gets one letter and the applicant gets one. Am sure vipul, your council has one for you .. lay be go down there personally to book the ceremony and say you forgot the letter at home..

they ask to bring the approval letter, so if u say forgot at home they might send you back home - try calling them, be honest and play it by the ear...

Erun

Post by Erun » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 am

1664 wrote:Do you know if all councils hold pvt ceremonies?
Swindon refused to do one for me. They said the HO would only allow them do do private ceremonies for extreme circumstances, like someone going off to war. I tried pushing it, saying I know for a fact other councils around the country were doing private ceremonies, but they wouldn't budge. Nor was I allowed to move my ceremony to another council. I was told the HO doesn't want people moving ceremonies to another city unless they were moving there. So I've been having to wait 1 month for a ceremony. The wait is nearly over, but it's delayed my plans by a month and made me quite angry.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 am

Erun wrote:
1664 wrote:Do you know if all councils hold pvt ceremonies?
Swindon refused to do one for me. They said the HO would only allow them do do private ceremonies for extreme circumstances, like someone going off to war. I tried pushing it, saying I know for a fact other councils around the country were doing private ceremonies, but they wouldn't budge. Nor was I allowed to move my ceremony to another council. I was told the HO doesn't want people moving ceremonies to another city unless they were moving there. So I've been having to wait 1 month for a ceremony. The wait is nearly over, but it's delayed my plans by a month and made me quite angry.
hmm... that's interesting. I will try and see what the Greenwich council says - updates later

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

Because of all the cuts in the public sector - Greenwich council is short staffed so they have held off on Private ceremonies for few months!

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:00 am

1664 wrote:Because of all the cuts in the public sector - Greenwich council is short staffed so they have held off on Private ceremonies for few months!
there is clearly a case of unspoken directive to slow down the process of granting citizenship.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:21 pm

rightmove wrote:there is clearly a case of unspoken directive to slow down the process of granting citizenship.
How come? The citizenship has been approved by the HO. It's just an administrative step to finish the process. How would that slow things down? Those individual will just attend a public ceremony a few weeks later.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

whats wrong with my application ppl are getting result in less than 4 weeks...and for me its almost in 12 th week :(

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm

rnr79 wrote:whats wrong with my application ppl are getting result in less than 4 weeks...and for me its almost in 12 th week :(
same here mate but its fair enough my payment declined at first so my process only start form 20/6/11, but i am expecting the result in mid august and wishing gooluck to you coz you are before me.
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 pm

rnr79 wrote:whats wrong with my application ppl are getting result in less than 4 weeks...and for me its almost in 12 th week :(
I am just worried that because of all these poloticals pressure to limit the number if they reject my application giving just stupid reason or something...I will loose hard earned money :cry:

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 pm

rnr79 wrote:
I am just worried that because of all these poloticals pressure to limit the number if they reject my application giving just stupid reason or something...I will loose hard earned money :cry:
well keep it hope my preception is they wont reject ur application. in my personal view rejection decision comes early and your are in 12 week let them satisfied but you keep your hope alive.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

rnr79 wrote:
only you know yourself if you have done nothing worng then nothing to worry about any decision, i know myself my record is clean so i am not thinking about but i am only worried about the time but i have hope oneday it will be a approval.
NAZIA XX