ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramesheuk

Form AN application

Post by ramesheuk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi,

I need your help in filling Form AN application:

Section 1:
1.7 & 1.8 (for my wife's application) - Name at birth if different from above: Do I need to mention my wife's previous surname (before marriage) in this section? (After marriage, her surname is changed. But in her passport it is showing current surname only).
1.31 (for my application) - Full name of partner: I mentioned her full name along with present surname. But it is asking her previous name also. Do I need to mention her previous surname (before marriage surname) here? (There is no change in the given name. Just surname is changed.)

Section 3:
3.2- I recently started my own limited company (May 2011)(I am director for this company) and resigned my previous company. I received P45 from my previous employer. Do I need to select 'A director?' here?

3.3 - Name of the business: Do I need to mention my own company here?

3.5 - Address of tax office: What should I need to mention here? Is it from my previous P60 / P45 or from my new company? Because, until now I haven't submit any tax returns to HMRC with new company as it is started recently (May 2011)?

Please advice me with above questions.

Thanks in advance.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Section 1:
1.7 & 1.8 (for my wife's application) - Name at birth if different from above: Do I need to mention my wife's previous surname (before marriage) in this section? (After marriage, her surname is changed. But in her passport it is showing current surname only).
1.31 (for my application) - Full name of partner: I mentioned her full name along with present surname. But it is asking her previous name also. Do I need to mention her previous surname (before marriage surname) here? (There is no change in the given name. Just surname is changed.)
Your wording is a bit confusing.
But in her passport it is showing current surname only.
What are you saying?
Your wife's surname has changed after marriage, so use her current(changed) surname as that should be the one on her passport.

If you havent had her name changed on her passport then you should get it corrected before applying.
Section 3:
3.2- I recently started my own limited company (May 2011)(I am director for this company) and resigned my previous company. I received P45 from my previous employer. Do I need to select 'A director?' here?
Mention the details in the occupation tab, selecting director is okay
3.3 - Name of the business: Do I need to mention my own company here?
Yes
3.5 - Address of tax office: What should I need to mention here? Is it from my previous P60 / P45 or from my new company? Because, until now I haven't submit any tax returns to HMRC with new company as it is started recently (May 2011)?
Mention previous payee code on your P45/P60 and your new UTR number, if you have any

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Sorry for my wrong wording.

Let me explain you.

Passport is shoiwng her current surname (same as mine).
My question is, in the field 'Name at the birth if different from above', do I need to mention her name with original surname?

Same in 1.31, Do I need to mention her previous surname also?

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Yes

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:12 pm

ramesheuk wrote:Hi,

Thanks for reply. Sorry for my wrong wording.

Let me explain you.

Passport is shoiwng her current surname (same as mine).
My question is, in the field 'Name at the birth if different from above', do I need to mention her name with original surname?

Same in 1.31, Do I need to mention her previous surname also?

Thanks.
yes

ramesheuk

Referee for children

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I am able to get an appointment next week with the local council.
When I check the application for my children, it is asking the referee should be in connection with the child (either health visitor or school teacher). But unfortunately, I don't know any one here as I moved to a new place recently.

Can any other professional can sign on their application (a company director)?

We all (2 adults and 2 children) are applying together.
Please advice me.

Thanks in advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:15 pm

How old are the children? Were they born in the UK?
For young children born in the UK, it seems the HO is not so strict on the referees (some even got approval with no referees at all....).

ramesheuk

referee

Post by ramesheuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Jambo

First child is 6.5 years (born in India, but is here with us from last 6 years.
Second child is 3 years and born here in the UK.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Did you try using your GP as a referee? (they might charge a small charge for do it) or someone from your child school?

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

I called the GP and they said, they are not doing this any more.

I am not sure how to do this now as schools are now closed..I am really worried now.

Thanks,

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:30 pm

May be someone in a Temple or a Church you go to?

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi,
Thanks. I will try this option then.

And I have another question, in the reference form, it is asking how referee know me. What should they write on that? Is that okay to write as 'Family Friend' for both the referees?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Yes. You are allowed to have more than 1 friend ;-)

J

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks Jambo,

Please could you respond for my another question about referee for my children?

If I couldn't get the signature from GP, School or temple/church, can one of my friend sign in their application (as a professional person - but he is my family friend)?

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 pm

If going by the guidelines, then no. However, if you search the forum you will find similar cases to yours and all got approved. I never heard a registration application getting rejected because of it. As I wrote before, the UKBA seem not to be too strict on the referees in registration applications.

I suggest you phone the HO and ask for their advice.

ramesheuk

signature on photo?

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all your help.

One more question...
Do we need any signature on the photo (for both AN and MN1)? As per my understanding, we don't need any signatures on the photo.

Please advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

No signatures are needed on the photo for naturalisation application

Member of Standing

Re: signature on photo?

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks for all your help.

One more question...
Do we need any signature on the photo (for both AN and MN1)? As per my understanding, we don't need any signatures on the photo.

Please advice.
No signatures on photos for naturalisation application.
signatures on photos when applying for passport.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks for confirmation.

One more last (Hopefully) question:

I have a limited company (Opened in May 2011. I am director for that and it is paye registered) and my wife is drawing some salary in that (She is handling some office administration for that company)

But we have another company (started in April 2011) (my wife is director for that - but she is not drawing any money from that company and it is not paye registered).

Please advice me what I need to mention her profession? Do I need to mention her as a employee or director?

Thanks

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

Please any one advice on this?

ramesheuk

Sorry...but little urgent as my appointment is tomorrow

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi,

I have a limited company (Opened in May 2011. I am director for that and it is paye registered) and my wife is drawing some salary in that (She is handling some office administration for that company)

But we have another company (started in April 2011) (my wife is director for that - but she is not drawing any money from that company and it is not paye registered).

Please advice me what I need to mention her profession? Do I need to mention her as a employee or director?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I guess you could put her as an employee. There is no need to be in any economic activity to be granted citizenship. It's more for the HO to determine the good character by checking the record with HMRC.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks Jambo for your reply.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi,

can i attend alone for NCS SERVICE on behalf of my family? Do i need to take my family also with me(mine is family application 2adults+2kids)

Thanks.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 pm

can i attend alone for NCS SERVICE on behalf of my family? Do i need to take my family also with me(mine is family application 2adults+2kids)

Thanks.

call the NCS in your area and ask thats where u wuld get the best answer as all NCS are kinda defferent hope ya get me....cheers