ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success PEO @ Solihull on 27/7/2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baldude

Post by baldude » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 am

First of all many thanks to Vinny and other members for their useful posts and opinions on the doubts i had with my application.

We all three (myself + my wife + baby girl) were granted ILR at solihull yesterday. I had spent some time on WP later on 2 years on HSMP and nearly 2 years on Tier-1 General. My wife had been with me for 4.5 years but had not lived with me for 11 months in the last 13 months. she was away to her home country (was our choice as could not put up with delaying procedures of NHS) to deliver our baby girl.
here goes my story.
Docs carried: i carried with me 5 years of bank statements, 5 years of pay slips, P60's for last 5 years, passports, photographs, LIUK pass certificates of both,my wife's various address proofs (pay slips, two different bank account statements, NHS cards, car insurance communication etc) over period of 3.5 years, a letter from employer confirming my earnings, my various other address proofs. only joint account we had were an electricity bill covering the last one month only and a council tax print off website on both names that we paid tax for year 2010-2011. TOtally i had carried 4 kg of documents covering all the five year period of myself and 4.5 years of my wife.

Appointment time: 12:30 (was advised to arrive half an hour early)
Arrived at the Dominion court car park at 11:30 parked the car paid the 4-5 hours fee of £4.6 and by the time we reached with our baby at the entrance it was 11:45. immediately reported at the entrance, a case worker checked my filled in application form then we went through airport style security checks and were seated in the waiting hall by 11:50. sharp 12:02 we were directed to a counter. At the counter, CW asked for the filled application form along with our passports, she verified it was filled accordingly and once happy, she took out a paper from her draw and started noting the things from her screen (she had put in some data off my pp into computer). She then asked for income proofs, i gave her 2 years of bank statements, 2 years of pay slips and a letter from employer. she said she only need one yr of bank statements and pay slips and gave back the rest of the documents along with letter from employer. I had noticed she started summing up my salary, i told her that i have a summary sheet outlining if she was itnerested, she took a look at it and said she wanted to do it on her own. she just randomly checked 3 of my pay slips and multiplied the salary with the 12 and looked at the total figure provided in the application form it did not match up. I told her that i get a bonus yearly and asked her to check the relevant month's payslip which will have this bonus included, again after calculating with the bonus she was happy with what i had quoted in teh application form. then she asked for LIUK pass certificates. I provided them, she keyed in the numbers into her screen and started noting down the marks we had secured and told that my wife had two wrong answers (she had passed though) while i had no wrong answers in my LIUK test and then turned to my wife and putup a sorry mark on her face and both laughed out loudly. did not know the cw's would know the marks we had secured in LIUK as the test only tells if you're passed or failed.

she then asked for the cohabitation doc proofs. i again passed her all the docs i had with me. she just took 3 docs for my wife one latest one from jan 2009 and one from end of 2009. the problem i had was that my wife was not in the uk for 11 months and did not have any docs for her most of later half of 2010 and first half of 2011. luckily cw did not focus on that and I never disclosed the cw of my wife's absent time
after collecting the cohab docs, she said she will be away briefly to perform further checks. it was 12:15 by then. at 12:20 she came back and told us that she granted ILR for all 3 of us. I had carried with me nearly 4kg of docs while the cw took only a 100g of docs. but its always good to carry all the docs with you as you can pass them to cw whatever they ever interested in. she then asked us to go to counter 6 for payment. After payment we were told to come back in two hours to collect our passports. it was 12:25 we left the building for lunch. Please note that our appointment time was at 12:30 while everythign was over by 12:25 itself. We went to shopping at the city center while our little one was grumpy and cranky. we had our lunch and spent some time in Touchwood shopping center. came back at 2:30, passports were not ready yet were asked to come back at 3pm. we went back again and returned at 3:40pm again the pps were not ready yet. this time we went in and sat inside. i only had paid for my car park until half four. around 4:20 we were told to collect our pps. after checkign them we rushed to the carpark to avoid paying for another hour. then we left.

the whole experience was very pleasant and i felt like i went on a holiday yesterday. totally relaxing... of course did feel a bit nervous while speaking to the cw initially but cw has been really humorous and was very friendly especially with our LIUK scores.

I know that this is the final visa i ever had to apply for in the UK. i was really happy with the outcome and could not have been any better. A lot of thanks goes to all the active members who posted their experiences and information that really really helped me a lot.

hope this helps someone.

imranb

Re: ILR Success PEO @ Solihull on 27/7/2011

Post by imranb » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

baldude wrote:First of all many thanks to Vinny and other members for their useful posts and opinions on the doubts i had with my application.

We all three (myself + my wife + baby girl) were granted ILR at solihull yesterday. I had spent some time on WP later on 2 years on HSMP and nearly 2 years on Tier-1 General. My wife had been with me for 4.5 years but had not lived with me for 11 months in the last 13 months. she was away to her home country (was our choice as could not put up with delaying procedures of NHS) to deliver our baby girl.
here goes my story.
Docs carried: i carried with me 5 years of bank statements, 5 years of pay slips, P60's for last 5 years, passports, photographs, LIUK pass certificates of both,my wife's various address proofs (pay slips, two different bank account statements, NHS cards, car insurance communication etc) over period of 3.5 years, a letter from employer confirming my earnings, my various other address proofs. only joint account we had were an electricity bill covering the last one month only and a council tax print off website on both names that we paid tax for year 2010-2011. TOtally i had carried 4 kg of documents covering all the five year period of myself and 4.5 years of my wife.

Appointment time: 12:30 (was advised to arrive half an hour early)
Arrived at the Dominion court car park at 11:30 parked the car paid the 4-5 hours fee of £4.6 and by the time we reached with our baby at the entrance it was 11:45. immediately reported at the entrance, a case worker checked my filled in application form then we went through airport style security checks and were seated in the waiting hall by 11:50. sharp 12:02 we were directed to a counter. At the counter, CW asked for the filled application form along with our passports, she verified it was filled accordingly and once happy, she took out a paper from her draw and started noting the things from her screen (she had put in some data off my pp into computer). She then asked for income proofs, i gave her 2 years of bank statements, 2 years of pay slips and a letter from employer. she said she only need one yr of bank statements and pay slips and gave back the rest of the documents along with letter from employer. I had noticed she started summing up my salary, i told her that i have a summary sheet outlining if she was itnerested, she took a look at it and said she wanted to do it on her own. she just randomly checked 3 of my pay slips and multiplied the salary with the 12 and looked at the total figure provided in the application form it did not match up. I told her that i get a bonus yearly and asked her to check the relevant month's payslip which will have this bonus included, again after calculating with the bonus she was happy with what i had quoted in teh application form. then she asked for LIUK pass certificates. I provided them, she keyed in the numbers into her screen and started noting down the marks we had secured and told that my wife had two wrong answers (she had passed though) while i had no wrong answers in my LIUK test and then turned to my wife and putup a sorry mark on her face and both laughed out loudly. did not know the cw's would know the marks we had secured in LIUK as the test only tells if you're passed or failed.

she then asked for the cohabitation doc proofs. i again passed her all the docs i had with me. she just took 3 docs for my wife one latest one from jan 2009 and one from end of 2009. the problem i had was that my wife was not in the uk for 11 months and did not have any docs for her most of later half of 2010 and first half of 2011. luckily cw did not focus on that and I never disclosed the cw of my wife's absent time
after collecting the cohab docs, she said she will be away briefly to perform further checks. it was 12:15 by then. at 12:20 she came back and told us that she granted ILR for all 3 of us. I had carried with me nearly 4kg of docs while the cw took only a 100g of docs. but its always good to carry all the docs with you as you can pass them to cw whatever they ever interested in. she then asked us to go to counter 6 for payment. After payment we were told to come back in two hours to collect our passports. it was 12:25 we left the building for lunch. Please note that our appointment time was at 12:30 while everythign was over by 12:25 itself. We went to shopping at the city center while our little one was grumpy and cranky. we had our lunch and spent some time in Touchwood shopping center. came back at 2:30, passports were not ready yet were asked to come back at 3pm. we went back again and returned at 3:40pm again the pps were not ready yet. this time we went in and sat inside. i only had paid for my car park until half four. around 4:20 we were told to collect our pps. after checkign them we rushed to the carpark to avoid paying for another hour. then we left.

the whole experience was very pleasant and i felt like i went on a holiday yesterday. totally relaxing... of course did feel a bit nervous while speaking to the cw initially but cw has been really humorous and was very friendly especially with our LIUK scores.

I know that this is the final visa i ever had to apply for in the UK. i was really happy with the outcome and could not have been any better. A lot of thanks goes to all the active members who posted their experiences and information that really really helped me a lot.

hope this helps someone.
Congratulations!

sab124

Post by sab124 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:00 am

Congratulations baldude....

genious

Post by genious » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 am

Congratulations

vijay13
Newly Registered

Post by vijay13 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi,

What documents we need to show for
"Documents to support your Tier 1 points assessment" as mentioned on the checklist the last page of the form

baldude

Post by baldude » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 pm

@Vijay13

I think the only criteria one still needs meeting is earnings....to prove you earnings you need two proofs from different sources such as employer, bank statements etc..

kwame01
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success PEO @ Solihull on 27/7/2011

Post by kwame01 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:08 am

baldude wrote: Docs carried: i carried with me 5 years of bank statements, 5 years of pay slips, P60's for last 5 years, passports, photographs, LIUK pass certificates of both,my wife's various address proofs (pay slips, two different bank account statements, NHS cards, car insurance communication etc) over period of 3.5 years, a letter from employer confirming my earnings, my various other address proofs. only joint account we had were an electricity bill covering the last one month only and a council tax print off website on both names that we paid tax for year 2010-2011.

hope this helps someone.
Hello,
Can U PLEASE say which of the documents i can use for the SET(M) Application-

MINE
1-Passport
2-Mar Cert.
3-life in the UK test
4-CRB check 2009
5-Electricity bills ¬ 2010-2011
6-bank statements ¬ 2009-2011
7-Phone bills - from early 2011 [ due to the fact that we were mostly using our mobile phones which was PAYG on a regular basis]
8-Employment contracts (3) from the jobs i had since 2010, most recent beginning 0f 07/2011
9-p45¬ 2010
10-NI Letter
11-Tax Assessment letter for period when working as self employed
12-Medical letters and appointments 2010/2011
13-Medical Card
14-Payslips mostly 2010- unemployed early part of 2011(most recent payslip runs in a 2wk period)
15-Referendum Letter from voters register
16-Government Gateway letter 2010
17-DVLA theory test confirmation letter
18-Provisional license letter
19-letters from external bodies for courses attended for work purpose

HER's

1-NHS Appointments
2-Medical Card
3-Bank Statements
4-University Course documents 2010/2011
5-Work letter
6-Pay Slips
7- maternity card and NHS appointment Letters
Council tax - In partners maiden name
Tenancy Agreement- still in Partners Maiden name and the only item that has both our names on is the water bill

Now the only issue we have is since it is said that we only need six documents from 3 diff sources:
1- none from 2009
2- looking at the above items provided i will be very grateful if some1 can give advice on what is missing and what isn't necessary?
3- I also read some where in the forum that i have to write a statement as well, can u please confirm if its true and
4- do i need a letter from my employer or is offer of employment OK to use for the application?

Thanks,