ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano - Applying for a Visa from outside the State

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:42 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
Morrisj wrote:union citizens with parents that r union citizens themselves/union citizens with non eu parents.The zambrano ruling has a such a good effect on the welfare of children(union citizens) and a balanced right to avoid 2nd class union citizens.now tell me,can a child under the age of 18 go to d shop to get ciggarette?or even go to d club e.t.c?absolutely not but Adults(18+) can do those things. 4 ur tool number 2,I repeat some non eu spouses of Eu citizens were also illegal with false claims so whats the diff?
Depends what country actually lol. (ie fags and booze)

All I am saying is, eu law only affect me, as an Irish citizen, when i move to another eu state.

if the courts actually said, look, you are a citizen eu one at that. you are not exercising your eu rights therefore, i can't help you you are at the mercy of the national courts. but, as an exception, and because of your situation, i want to apply the fundamental charter like the echr but be more liberal, i will grant your parents status. and not come out with the bollox it did about citizenship, then, I would not complain about zambrano.

Why should children be treated differently to adults? the whole original purpose of freemovement was to ensure internal market/economics was improving, after all. The point, the ecj are full of shite and their interpretation of article 20 is unprincpled and subjective, and not foreseeable and certain.

the difference between the spouse and the child? the spouse at least moved to another eu country and certaintly could not be an internal matter. the child did not and non of her parents where eu's from another country

if the spouse did not , like mccarthy, eu law does not apply

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Morrisj wrote:ur 2nd tool is the ECJ interfered with domestic laws rewarding illegals,false asylum claims with bogus stories like juju.Now making ur sharp tools blunt,check out how blunt ur tools are respectively.
1.As i said minors can't move on their own,they are still under their parents whether union citizens or non eu citizen,as far as the minors are union citizens themselves,the status,citizenship,race,nationality of their parents should be disregarded to avoid 2nd class union citizens i.e union citizens with
that is nice, but article 20 tfeu did not provide for this. none of the treaty does, that is the problem. if it did the commission and other institutions would have provided laws for it.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 am

[url=http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2010:083:0047:0200:en:PDF][b]Article 20 (ex Article 17 TEC)[/b][/url] wrote: 1. Citizenship of the Union is hereby established. Every person holding the nationality of a Member State shall be a citizen of the Union. Citizenship of the Union shall be additional to and not replace national citizenship.
2. Citizens of the Union shall enjoy the rights and be subject to the duties provided for in the Treaties. They shall have, inter alia:
(a) the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States;
(b) the right to vote and to stand as candidates in elections to the European Parliament and in municipal elections in their Member State of residence, under the same conditions as nationals of that State;EN C 83/56 Official Journal of the European Union 30.3.2010
In regards to 2(a), the court statedin Chen that it is not a requirement that someone has to moves before they can benefit from the right to reside. Also the court in Zambrano was seeking to protect future right of movement, which will be severely obstructed or compromised if a minor child was to be forced to a third allien country, where they have never lived.

[b] D'Hoop[/b] wrote:
Article 8 of the Treaty confers the status of citizen of the Union on every person
holding the nationality of a Member State. Since she possesses the nationality of a
Member State, Ms D'Hoop enjoys that status.
I - 6222
D'HOOP
28 Union citizenship is destined to be the fundamental status of nationals of the
Member States, enabling those who find themselves in the same situation to enjoy
within the scope ratione materiae of the Treaty the same treatment in law
irrespective of their nationality, subject to such exceptions as are expressly
provided for (Case C-184/99 Grzelczyk [2001] ECR I-6193, paragraph 31).
Union citizenship is destined to be the fundamental status of nationals of the Member States, enabling those who find themselves in the same situation to enjoy within the scope ratione materiae of the Treaty the same treatment in law irrespective of their nationality, subject to such exceptions as are expressly provided for (Case C-184/99 Grzelczyk [2001] ECR I-6193, paragraph 31).
I just thought you might benefit from these materials.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:49 am

Obie wrote:
[url=http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2010:083:0047:0200:en:PDF][b]Article 20 (ex Article 17 TEC)[/b][/url] wrote: 1. Citizenship of the Union is hereby established. Every person holding the nationality of a Member State shall be a citizen of the Union. Citizenship of the Union shall be additional to and not replace national citizenship.
2. Citizens of the Union shall enjoy the rights and be subject to the duties provided for in the Treaties. They shall have, inter alia:
(a) the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States;
(b) the right to vote and to stand as candidates in elections to the European Parliament and in municipal elections in their Member State of residence, under the same conditions as nationals of that State;EN C 83/56 Official Journal of the European Union 30.3.2010
In regards to 2(a), the court statedin Chen that it is not a requirement that someone has to moves before they can benefit from the right to reside. Also the court in Zambrano was seeking to protect future right of movement, which will be severely obstructed or compromised if a minor child was to be forced to a third allien country, where they have never lived.

[b] D'Hoop[/b] wrote:
Article 8 of the Treaty confers the status of citizen of the Union on every person
holding the nationality of a Member State. Since she possesses the nationality of a
Member State, Ms D'Hoop enjoys that status.
I - 6222
D'HOOP
28 Union citizenship is destined to be the fundamental status of nationals of the
Member States, enabling those who find themselves in the same situation to enjoy
within the scope ratione materiae of the Treaty the same treatment in law
irrespective of their nationality, subject to such exceptions as are expressly
provided for (Case C-184/99 Grzelczyk [2001] ECR I-6193, paragraph 31).
Union citizenship is destined to be the fundamental status of nationals of the Member States, enabling those who find themselves in the same situation to enjoy within the scope ratione materiae of the Treaty the same treatment in law irrespective of their nationality, subject to such exceptions as are expressly provided for (Case C-184/99 Grzelczyk [2001] ECR I-6193, paragraph 31).
I just thought you might benefit from these materials.
you are either intentionally a dishonest person or you are just bluffing

I am very much aware of what chen and co said.

you are missing the point. the ecj interpret the treaty ( which they have a power to do) in a manner totally at odds with what the treaty says. there is nothing in what is said in d'hoop contained in the treaty pre or post lisbon

all you are doing is repeating ad naesum what you are always saying. you are not dealing with the arguments put before you. in response to my comments are nonsense bable .(you are correct what the case law says but you are ignoring what the arguement is)

by the way, that is not the text of old article 17ec !!!! that is the text of article 20. there are some minor changes of phrases. go and find a copy of article 17ec as per treaty of amsterdam. you are interpreting from what article 20 as per lisbon says. also go and read old article 18ec now 21. they can easily be found. i knew you would do this

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 pm

You can use all the adjectives on the planet at me (dishonest, fool, stupid, retarded), from dusk to dawn, it still don't change the fact that what i have stated is the correct legal position, safeguarded by the treaty, in relation to the relationship between the national courts, the member states and the CJEU.

I have stated already that i support their conclusions in Zambrano and McCARTHY, on the jurisdictional , moral and logical merit of those cases.

It was the memberstates that decided that anyone holding the nationality of a memberstate is a Union citizens. They could simply have confined it to any national who move to a memberstate other than that of which they are national, are union citizen. They failed to do so, and we have the implication of their handy work today. You cant change their work Mr Walrusgrumble, that shoes is too big for your feet.

The judges are supposed to swore allegiance to the Union and it citizens when they are appointed by each memberstate, and not to anything a particular state may consider as partaining to their national interest like immigration control. They have acted in the interest of the Union and its citizens as a whole in all their judgements you have been complaining about, like a kid in the playground.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am

Obie wrote:You can use all the adjectives on the planet at me (dishonest, fool, stupid, retarded), from dusk to dawn, it still don't change the fact that what i have stated is the correct legal position, safeguarded by the treaty, in relation to the relationship between the national courts, the member states and the CJEU.

I have stated already that i support their conclusions in Zambrano and McCARTHY, on the jurisdictional , moral and logical merit of those cases.

It was the memberstates that decided that anyone holding the nationality of a memberstate is a Union citizens. They could simply have confined it to any national who move to a memberstate other than that of which they are national, are union citizen. They failed to do so, and we have the implication of their handy work today. You cant change their work Mr Walrusgrumble, that shoes is too big for your feet.

The judges are supposed to swore allegiance to the Union and it citizens when they are appointed by each memberstate, and not to anything a particular state may consider as partaining to their national interest like immigration control. They have acted in the interest of the Union and its citizens as a whole in all their judgements you have been complaining about, like a kid in the playground.
No you have not. You cite Article 20 TFEU when dicussing CHen and D'Hoop. These cases cited Article 17 and 18EC. There are difference in the wording .

You have correctly, in part, stated the cases to support your argument. But thereafter, no surprise, you just resort to the "because it says so" line of defence.

But its not in dispute what is said. What is in dispute is the validty of the reasoning put forward by the Court. The treaty does not provide any guidelines for the Court to come to this conclusion. (INTENTIONALLY, BY THE DRAFTERS)

The Courts have clearly acknolwedged that it must interpret the provisions of the Treaty Broadly and even if it goes beyond what the Article actually says. It is done on dubious notion, ONLY CITED BY THE COURTS AND NOT THE MEMBER STATES OR ITS PEOPLE that there is some sort of aspiration that citizenship is to be a fundamental status in the future. It claims that Article 20 TEFU (ex 17EC) allows this. It does not. And you have failed to provide the Treaty Article or Preamble Recital to support that contention.

Invetiably, this leads to contradictions and inevitably in time, like in all National Courts dealing with fundamental rights, Judicial Activism will be retrained.

At least you make an effort to engage, others are too blind because they have the false sense that the result is being attacked because of an alledged closed minded lets keep the black out mentality. Its not, its the method in coming to the conclusion that is concerned.

You said
"the memberstates that decided that anyone holding the nationality of a memberstate is a Union citizens. They could simply have confined it to any national who move to a memberstate other than that of which they are national, are union citizen. They failed to do so, and we have the implication of their handy work today. You cant change their work Mr Walrusgrumble, that shoes is too big for your feet."

The Member States never, in 1992 realised that Citizenship was going to cause such a fuss. It was considered to be merely symbolic. The significance was not realised either in 2009 Lisbon as there had been no real problems before that. Remember Baumbast and Co all involved people who actually genuinely did at some point Exercise EU Treaty Rights and were EU citizens themselves. There was no real contraversary with those cases. Chen was the same as it at least required financial self sufficiency and there was some form of Free movement (even if, on its face, an internal matter). You also forget that very few State's allow its own Citizens to have a say via Referendum.

You can't change their work? Yes you can. The ECJ don't follow precendent of their own cases (only when it suits) which is highely unprincpled. Another case put before the Court could make them re-assess things. Just as what happened in Metock - Akrich. Also, its is the PEOPLE AND MEMBERS STATES who change and amened Treaties, not the court. The highely unprincpled attitude can be seen in the difference of attitudes in McCarthy and Zambrano.

There is no justification for taking such different approaches.Its one or the other. There was little evidence, bar assumption that the child would have problems in Columbia, despite the parents not succeeding in their asylum claim and the Beligans clearly were of the view that it was safe to return them to Columbia (which was not challenged) There is also an assumption that McCarthy could actually exercise their Treaty rights, when it was abundantly clear that she had no chance of succeeding in getting a job in another State, just only having the UK for a home.

As usual, the elites spout out bollox generalisation and strange dellussioned political SUBJECTIVE comments without even bothering to put it on record or analysis its significance. To be fair to the Advocate Gernal, at least his opinions are worth reading. The Court don't even bother to try and address the more difficult issues raised by the AG, which at least demand an acknowledgement as to whether they are matters for the courts or the Member States (and then proceed to discuss them)

The Treaty Article 20 TFEU does expressly state a "right to move freely" Its clearly implied that it refers to movement to another State when you look at the other treaty provisions such as Article 45 TFEU. ITs not for the Court to go beyond the clear words of the Treaty. They are not Law Makers. The Treaty in relation to immigration only deals with people moving from one state to another.

So where the Court got this notion about Article 20/17 after looking at the "Spirit" of the Treaty is beyond me. IF the court had bothered to say, although this is an internal matter and we can't do anything,but we will broadly interpret Article 20TFEU because this has the effect of affecting future ability to move (like they did in Carpenter etc) then that would make some sense. It did not.

So for the last time, where did the Judges get such an interpretation after reading the spirit of the treaty? It certaintly was not in the Treaty Text, and it certaintly is not contained in the Post Lisbon Treaty

You said
The judges are supposed to swore allegiance to the Union and it citizens when they are appointed by each memberstate, and not to anything a particular state may consider as partaining to their national interest like immigration control. They have acted in the interest of the Union and its citizens as a whole in all their judgements you have been complaining about, like a kid in the playground

That is not indispute. But they also come a duty not to breach the Union's agreement with Member States under Article 5 TEU, not to encroach in the jurisdiction of the Member State, when the Union has no right to do so. It is not in dispute that they clearly look out for Union Citizens, even if the union between citizens and Non EU's is questionable. What is indispute is whether the Courts are the appropriate avenue in the first place.

Complaining like a kind in the playground? People with low intelligence or skelitical understanding of the nuances between the relationship between Member States and the Union would say that, normally those who are hanging onto the these liberal interpretations, which the Member States, ie law makers, intentionally did not give.

Your whole basis for this discussion is "because the caselaw says so". Sorry, but who is the child here?

I would looooooooveeeeee to see how you react if an evquilent Union attempted to enroach into domestic law where there was a genuine and setteled understand that it could not do so (in any area, not just immigration)

The term is referred to "competence creep" (not as "you are a creep")

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

I've applied since July 1st for a visa from Nigeria under the Zambrano case. The tracking system hasn't shown that my application has been received in Abuja let alone being dealt with.

I've heard from the grapevine that applying from Ireland might be faster. Something about a letter being given from INIS to take to the embassy in Abuja. How true is this?

For those wondering, i was advised that a DNA WILL be done to confirm paternity. This adds extra time to the duration of application though.

Anyone news on other embassies around the world and how they are treating the Zambrano case.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 pm

To Walrusgrumble. As i have made my position and views very clear and expressed my reluctance not change them, given the facts attached to them, i believe it will now be best for us to agree to disagree.

If this is any consolation to you, a courts in Austria has made reference to the ECJ, on further clarification on Zambrano and McCarthy.

I notified the forum a few weeks back, but hopefully you did not get the opportunity to view it, so i will provide a link for you below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=82190

Hopefully, your rabid views on these issues, may be taken into consideration this time. One can only hope.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 am

Just like arguing with a blockhead and a junky.Plz we should maintain what the Topic is all about.
has anyone been granted a visa under zambrano outside the state cos it seems those outside the states aint even getting any response.
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 am

[quote="Morrisj"]J.Plz we should maintain what the Topic is all about.

has anyone been granted a visa under zambrano outside the state cos it seems those outside the states aint even getting any response.[/quote]

Its very disheartening to hear this and some people have been waiting from May. I've been advised to apply from Ireland directly rather than wait on the Embassy. Not sure how much this is true. Do you guys know if this will work

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:44 pm

[quote="Morrisj"]Just like arguing with a blockhead and a junky.Plz we should maintain what the Topic is all about.
has anyone been granted a visa under zambrano outside the state cos it seems those outside the states aint even getting any response.[/quote]

I got a reply back from the embassy in Nigeria..

RE: Application

Thank you for your mail.
Your application is still being processed at the Embassy of Ireland, Abuja .
You can contact the Embassy on 234-9-4620612 (10am-12pm) Monday-Thursday only.
Or mail abujaembassy@dfa.ie
Please note that long stay visa applications takes time to be processed

Well that's (I'm assuming) a generic reply.

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Am i right in thinking that the new zambrino legislation provides the non eu national the right to reside here if he or she has an irish child?? It cant be this simple!!!!!

I know for genuine married couples the possiblilties would be lovely for them but wont some people possibly exploit it??

Please dont attack me !!!!

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

If the non EU national has an Irish spouse and they have a child but he lives in his own country.. outside Ireland and the EU can he apply to remain here through Zambrano??

What if a non EU marries in a sham marriage asks his wife to have baby and uses Zambrano.. I have heard many stories of how the scam artist operates.. It wouldnt suprise me they might go that far..

Again dont attack me

I know there are many genuine cases of married couples, im talking in the cases of Sham Marriages.. I dont understand the Legislation well but my feeling is that if you have EU resident child... The parent has the right to be with the child and provide for the child in the EU..

dbaby
Newly Registered

Post by dbaby » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

I applied since april to the irish embassy in abuja citing zambrano.

I am still waiting for a decision. I have called them every tuesday and checked inis website. No joy.

The lady i spoke to last told me residency applications can take up to 5 months. That can't be right!!!

Is there anyway to get a more detailed response from the embassy?

Can anyone please suggest any next moves in this case?

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Your story has left me weak.

Since April no decision. Wow, what are they doing this for. Its not like you will get the stamp 4 in Nigeria.

dbaby
Newly Registered

Post by dbaby » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

They are just been difficult. They will have to issue eventually. When is what one is unsure off.

So does anyone have next steps?

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Hahaha life's amazing,u know what Trinx?I actually think u r one of d dearly beloved here who has opened another account to display ur real self.Have a sham marriage with an Irish spouse and also ask for a sham baby?exactly what u mean blockhead.
Anyways for the people with good sense of humour,next step is to contact Department of foreign affairs and make complaint or contact SoLvit since Zambrano is an European Law

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Morrisj wrote:Hahaha life's amazing,u know what Trinx?I actually think u r one of d dearly beloved here who has opened another account to display ur real self.Have a sham marriage with an Irish spouse and also ask for a sham baby?exactly what u mean blockhead.
Anyways for the people with good sense of humour,next step is to contact Department of foreign affairs and make complaint or contact SoLvit since Zambrano is an European Law
hey

You seem to protest far too much. You are not elected to speak on behalf of all immigrants, so there is no need to try and defend all.

We get it, many of ye are genuine and ye don't want to be tarished. Its one thing to try and rebut someone's comment which no backup or support, its far another to accuse, wrongly, that a person is dearly beloved. That is the only semi intelligent answer you lot are capable to coming back on.

Your begining to sound like no one is allowed to criticise in any way a certain group of people even if its merited, on some ridiculous notion that they are above others - thats pretty boaderline dearly beloved too you know

Care to comment on the recent Supreme Court decision regarding a well know immigrant who was refused citizenship - see the courts.ie or bailii.org. Police had solid evidence but person refused to coopreate for fear he would get caught out. Oh yeah, his defence was the old realiable, the dearly beloved line. I even think he mentioned persecution, as he would be an expert on that. groundless of course (if there was a genuine claim, I would be very sympathetic - but as it wasn't it was self serving and very dishonest - boy who cries wolf)

Money talks, its not beyond the realms of possibilities. People get pregnant accidentally or accidentally on purpose (the last two I would not call shame) Even in more genuine reasons, people do rush into getting pregnant in order to help their cases yet the relationship sadly breaks up all too quickly- it has always happened and its not just in Ireland.

maybe you would be more qualified to answer that if you were aware that no reports are voluntarily made to the GNIB frequently (not as much as the pregnancies)

If all was equal, it would be interesting to see what Solvit, a group ran by the Commission really thinks of Zambrano themselves, in their opinion, as oppose to the law.
Last edited by walrusgumble on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Morrisj wrote:Just like arguing with a blockhead and a junky.Plz we should maintain what the Topic is all about.
has anyone been granted a visa under zambrano outside the state cos it seems those outside the states aint even getting any response.

And you'd know all about junkies?

Care to try and take over from where Obi had failed with regard whether the words of the treaty actually say citizenship is to be a fundamental status.

We have all acknowledged what the courts have said. But Obie is asked to agree to disagree (to what?, that the treaty actually says it? where?)

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 pm

haha exactly what i expected

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 pm

The Irish Embassy in Abuja told one of my clients that his application has been sent to Dublin (INIS) for processing. The Embassy said they hope to have the Visa processed soon. dbaby - maybe you should write in to the Repatriation Unit, Burgh Quay, and ask if the app is being processed there, and ask if the Deportation Order has been revoked (if there is one).

lily74
Newly Registered

Post by lily74 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:55 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:The Irish Embassy in Abuja told one of my clients that his application has been sent to Dublin (INIS) for processing. The Embassy said they hope to have the Visa processed soon. dbaby - maybe you should write in to the Repatriation Unit, Burgh Quay, and ask if the app is being processed there, and ask if the Deportation Order has been revoked (if there is one).
I was also told that my application has been sent to Dublin for a decision. Im on the high court zambrano list and the D/O has been revoked in a letter received from Justice recently which we forwarded to the embassy and they have acknowledged receipt so hoping for no delay regarding the approval.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 pm

OK, please keep us updated as to any news! I don't think it will be too long.

dbaby
Newly Registered

Post by dbaby » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 am

@ImmigrationLawyer- thank you. will do

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 pm

[quote="ImmigrationLawyer"]The Irish Embassy in Abuja told one of my clients that his application has been sent to Dublin (INIS) for processing. The Embassy said they hope to have the Visa processed soon. dbaby - maybe you should write in to the Repatriation Unit, Burgh Quay, and ask if the app is being processed there, and ask if the Deportation Order has been revoked (if there is one).[/quote]

When was that application submitted. I'm trying to see what the back log is like in Abuja.