ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent...Related to Previous Earnings... Please someone help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

novice123
Newly Registered

Urgent...Related to Previous Earnings... Please someone help

Post by novice123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm

I applied for T1 in April via post and followed all the process.

I claimed previous earnings from March 2010 to Feb 2011. For the month of March I got some bonus which is deposited in INR & while claiming I included my March month UK salary also. i.e Previous Earning claim = March UK Salary + March INR salary i.e Performance Pay

Today I got a call from caseworker that since in March I was physically located in UK so I can't claim for INR and can't use the uplift ratio.

I have seen T1 guidance and I am unable to find such rule in previous earning section..

Can someone please confirm me whats the rule for claiming the overseas income?

Senior members please help me out...

novice123
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent...Related to Previous Earnings... Please someone

Post by novice123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 pm

novice123 wrote:I applied for T1 in April via post and followed all the process.

I claimed previous earnings from March 2010 to Feb 2011. For the month of March I got some bonus which is deposited in INR & while claiming I included my March month UK salary also. i.e Previous Earning claim = March UK Salary + March INR salary i.e Performance Pay

Today I got a call from caseworker that since in March I was physically located in UK so I can't claim for INR and can't use the uplift ratio.

I have seen T1 guidance and I am unable to find such rule in previous earning section..

Any updates please????

novice123
Newly Registered

Post by novice123 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 pm

novice123 wrote:
novice123 wrote:I applied for T1 in April via post and followed all the process.

Any updates please????
Guys I am desparatetly looking for you inputs.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

You need to be physically present in the country where earnings were made in order to apply any uplift ratio.

The funds being deposited in another country/currency does not make any difference.

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 pm

novice123 wrote:
novice123 wrote:

Any updates please????
Guys I am desparatetly looking for you inputs.
yes.. earnings are based on your actual place of work. not where you received payments. so you can not apply uplift ratio