ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RIGHTOF WORK AND REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abelicon
Newly Registered

RIGHTOF WORK AND REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS

Post by abelicon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 am

Hi folks.I like to seek advice from anyone that may be farmiliar with EEA rules.This is my situation.I had a pending application under durable relationship(dec 2010),but I was apprehended before I recieved COA(jan 2011).UKBA checked and confirmed this and subsequently released me with instructions to report weekly.In march 2011 my RC application was refused with right of appeal.We got married before the appeal and so withdrew the appeal and put in fresh application as married couple.I recently got COA, confirming my right to take up employment but without saying anything about reporting.My question is ,should the reporting not be cancelled since I am now a family member of an EU national.I was reading through the EU casework guidelines and section 5.2.3 states clearly that HO cannot restrict the movements of family members of EU citizens even though they are here illegally as long as they have produced evidence of relationship (marriage certificate in this case).How do I get this reporting instructions lifted as I cant be leaving my job weekly to report.Infact no employer will allow that and surely this will hinder my chances of keeping one if I am lucky to find any job.Guys this is my plight.[/b]

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:56 pm

When do you next have to report?

abelicon
Newly Registered

Post by abelicon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 am

Hi guys.just a feedback about this topic.I was at the immigration to report and HO having recieved a letter from my solicitor admitted I am not required to continue reporting although they did not say why.My solicitor clearly stated to them that as a family member of an EU national they dont have powers to restrict my movement and as such the reporting instructions were dropped.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Good! This is correct.