ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 pm

At last, the first normal post from our entertainer, Mr. angelcountry!
:mrgreen:

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:56 pm

miso1 wrote:At last, the first normal post from our entertainer, Mr. angelcountry!
I am totally agree with you :P
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Any news from our new IRISH Fellows who had their Oath taking Ceremonies today........????????
PIKKA

Dee2
Newly Registered

My timeline

Post by Dee2 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

My timeline is as follows:

Applied for citizenship March 2009 on the basis of 5 years residence with work authorisation, acknowledgement March 2009. I had been living in Ireland for 5 years and 1 month.
Applied for LTR in April 2009.
Lost my job as an architect in January 2010.
I had to renew my visa in February 2010 and was given 1 year as per the new rules.
I took job seekers from February 2010.
Received LTR in October 2010.
Finished job seekers after the year due to me but I didn't take any further social welfare as I didn't want to jeopardise my citizenship application.
Eventually found a part time job in mid May 2011.
Got a letter on 4 July 2011 asking for my GNIB card and the fee and photos. They didn't ask for any further documentation.
Received my Certificate of Naturalisation today in Rathmines.
I will apply for a passport soon.

I'm sorry but I cannot figure out how to enter my details on Scrudu's sheet.

Just to give hope to those who had to take Job Seekers!

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 pm

PIKKA wrote:Any news from our new IRISH Fellows who had their Oath taking Ceremonies today........????????
Yes. I took my oath today. It was a great experience to mark a great milestone. Everything went smooth, whole ceremony took 25 minutes. The staff were extremely friendly and everyone was congratulating us - we were welcomed and congratulated with the real warm Irish sincerity that they are known for - and this made a huge difference. We even got to shake Mr Shatter and Justice MacMahon's hands.

All and all a great day and a great experience.

On this note, I will probably not be very active on this forum again, although I might visit occasionally. I want to thank everyone for their valuable, constructive and encouraging input.

Tomorrow its off to the Garda station to get my passport form signed .... :)

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 pm

it was great day taking oath in Cethal Berugh Barracks today PPROX 100 people were there taking oath. Doj and Minister organised ceremony in very good manner.
Alan Shatter and Judge gave speech saying they want us to be loyal for country and want our children and their children to play football in crook park also b in olympics from Ireland, shake hands with every candidate we were given respect.
Congratulation to all

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

All of you should be over the MOON, it sounds like a fairy tale. Enjoy your Future. GOOD LUCK
PIKKA

vs
Newly Registered

Post by vs » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

PIKKA wrote:
vs wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
vs wrote:Got a call last Fri at 4pm asking if I could attend the ceremony on Fri 29 July around lunch time! :D

Submitted payment on 13 July, they god the letter on 14 July. Now waiting for the confirmation letter with exact time and location - cant wait!!

I thought they were now handing over the certificate of naturalisation on the day of the ceremony and we can apply for the passport straight away - isn't it?
Congratulations for your invitation. Yes they are handing over Certificates on the Ceremony day. GOOD LUCK
Thanks, PIKKA!

Do you know what I need to send to apply for the passport? Not sure they're asking for original birth cert + certified translation or only the cert of naturalisation?
They are asking for both the Birth Cert and Naturalization Cert. You can check the following link for more information.
http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782
Thanks, PIKKA! I've put together all the required docs ;-)

vs
Newly Registered

Post by vs » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Angel592 wrote:anyone have any news on 2007 appliations :?
I'd say give them a call just to make sure your application is still on the queue. I applied in April 2009 and got my approval.

good luck!

tesla
Newly Registered

approval letter

Post by tesla » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 pm

MY friend timeline:
Applied for citizenship March 2009 on the basis of 5 years residency (work permits)
Never applied for LTR
9 months on jobseeker benefit in 2009.
On jobseeker benefit from feb 2011 to today
Never asked for any additional documents
Arrived in Ireland in august 2003.
Got approval letter today

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 pm

alan shatter and fine gael .we all immigrant going to be faithful and loyal to the irish society.i didnot got my approval yet but i am very happy behealf of all the immigrant who got their approval under yours admistration.long live alan shatter and fine gael

vs
Newly Registered

Re: approval letter

Post by vs » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 pm

tesla wrote:MY friend timeline:
Applied for citizenship March 2009 on the basis of 5 years residency (work permits)
Never applied for LTR
Congratulations! That's great news!

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:41 pm

Never applied for LTR
CONGRATULATIONS to your friend.
Has he got his invitation or Yellow form and is he from Dublin?
PIKKA

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 pm

miso1 wrote:At last, the first normal post from our entertainer, Mr. angelcountry!
I just feel sorry to some politicians in my area that went to those wrong political party but share Ireland of equal idea.

Anyway Big cheers to all immigrant and law abiding Irish wannabe in today's Ireland. :lol:
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

angelcountry wrote:
I just feel sorry to some politicians in my area that went to those wrong political party but share Ireland of equal idea.

Anyway Big cheers to all immigrant and law abiding Irish wannabe in today's Ireland. :lol:
Cheers :D
PIKKA

wandererz

Re: naturalisation process streamlined

Post by wandererz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 am

angelcountry wrote:
If this new government hadn't taken over the administration of Ireland, i tell you what, most of us would have been send packing like the holocaust era in Ireland without even thinking of becoming Irish or even have any place in Ireland atall, i hope those sort of government never smell power in Ireland again in our life time, and the new government should please make sure that, all their left over officers and civil servant are well scrutinized in their day to day jobs of their evils. :x

Up Finegael and Labour For new Ireland of Equal and Community.

:D
Gee, first semi coherent post from this user. I was becoming despondent at the way this thread was denigrating to incomprehensibility.

Instead of relating to Citizenship Timeline Tracking it seemed be veering towards a rant of some sort - as with other threads.

tesla
Newly Registered

Post by tesla » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 am

PIKKA wrote:
Never applied for LTR
Without Yellow form, ceremony on 12. Aug in Co.Tipperary
He is from Co.Westmeath

vhelix
Newly Registered

Post by vhelix » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 am

Applied for citizenship Aug 2010 on the basis of spouse Irish
doc request june 2011
got approval letter today.

miso1
Newly Registered

Post by miso1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:55 am

Went to INIS last Monday to renew my Stamp 5 Green Card. Officer behind the desk was talkative enough, he asked me did I apply for the Citizenship. I told him a year a half ago approx. And then he started complaining, saying they don't have enough resources and actually have reduced number of staff processing the applications.

He said there is no way they will reduce waiting time to 6 months in a foreseeable future, said its just not possible with the resources they have at the moment? :?: :? Also, he said I shouldn't hold my breath for at least another 6 months... :?: :?

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 am

vhelix wrote:Applied for citizenship Aug 2010 on the basis of spouse Irish
doc request june 2011

what additional doc was requested to you ?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:28 am

tesla wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
Never applied for LTR
Without Yellow form, ceremony on 12. Aug in Co.Tipperary
He is from Co.Westmeath
So my guess was right they are inviting people from different counties at one Place, as fast as they can like in two weeks time. That is really a very good step from Alan Shatter. It seems like they are doing every thing with real seriousness.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:32 am

vhelix wrote:Applied for citizenship Aug 2010 on the basis of spouse Irish
doc request june 2011
CONGRATULATIONS
Just for information what county are you from and where is your ceremony. Good Luck.
PIKKA

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:43 am

miso1 wrote:Went to INIS last Monday to renew my Stamp 5 Green Card. Officer behind the desk was talkative enough, he asked me did I apply for the Citizenship. I told him a year a half ago approx. And then he started complaining, saying they don't have enough resources and actually have reduced number of staff processing the applications.

He said there is no way they will reduce waiting time to 6 months in a foreseeable future, said its just not possible with the resources they have at the moment? :?: :? Also, he said I shouldn't hold my breath for at least another 6 months... :?: :?
One time ago when i went to burgh quay to sort some information, they said to me during the war and violence that, my immigration status had been blocked by whom ?
They couldn't tell me ?

They made me laugh sometimes. :P
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:55 pm

According to Minister of Justic Yesterday and Today altogether 1350 people took/will take oath in ceremonies.

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 pm

alpha_1 wrote:According to Minister of Justic Yesterday and Today altogether 1350 people took/will take oath in ceremonies.
It's gradually, it will get to each and everyone turns, don't you see the ways Fas, is dissolute and changed to Solas ?

:P