ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA family member after Divorce (PR/right of residency)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 pm

my friend as I see Ur situation, U better get the divorce b4 She starts claiming benefits! other wise Ur application for Retaing the rights or PR could be troubled..
Im not sure. but a common sense, HO would like to see if ur Ex was exercising treaty rights right untill the divoced was finalised. they obviousley wont be happy to see that Ur Ex was getting benefits during that time. but if getting benefits is a part of exercising treaty rights then U should be fine...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:46 pm

kampk121 wrote:but if getting benefits is a part of exercising treaty rights then U should be fine...
A job-seeker is a qualified person. This implies of course that the person in question does indeed seek a new job but by applying for JSA you also notify the jobcentre that you are available for work. Stopping to work and not claiming JSA (and not making any attempts to otherwise look for work) would be a problem.

onecarl
Newly Registered

Post by onecarl » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks for replies, so nice of you guys. You are so helpful. And I got that person as well, who faced the same situation which i'm facing now. Here I need to ask some question about documents. And i will be very thankful to all of you, if you will give me answer.
Your some words can be very big help for me.

I have all documents of mine, and my question is about my wife’s documents, that
-)how many pay-slips do i need of my wife? (i have 20 pay slips (weekly pay-slips, she gets weekly) it is difficult to get many or all)
-)our bank accounts are separate, and she will not give me her bank statements, she avoid. But i got her one bank statement, only one.
-)i have job-letter from her employer. original one.
-)And about P60, i have the photocopies of her two P60s, she is not giving me originals.

Are these documents enough? 20 payslips, job-letter from employer, copies of P60s and one bank-statement of her account.
looking forward for your valuable words.

looking forward

regards
kampk121 wrote:
but if getting benefits is a part of exercising treaty rights then U should be fine...

A job-seeker is a qualified person. This implies of course that the person in question does indeed seek a new job but by applying for JSA you also notify the jobcentre that you are available for work. Stopping to work and not claiming JSA (and not making any attempts to otherwise look for work) would be a problem.

onecarl
Newly Registered

Post by onecarl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:50 am

Mr 86ti, Mr bobobo or Mr. Kampk , can you please tell me about my documents? are these enough?

looking forward

kampk121

Post by kampk121 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:28 pm

[quote="onecarl"]Mr 86ti, Mr bobobo or Mr. Kampk , can you please tell me about my documents? are these enough?

answer 1. U need pay slips covering at least 6 months. 20 seems enough. Job letter is also good. HO dont accepts copies! so U need Origional P60. but its not compulsary. e bank statement is not enough!

Once u get divorce, ( which I think u havnt yet) U need to show evedience ur wife was a qualified person specially during the period of divorce! for this purpose an Employers letter will be enough. HO may ask u to prove ur co-habitaion for at least covering 1 year in UK out of ur 3 years marriage.
do you have any other bill apart from her bank statement. which is showing the same address? I think U need at least 6 of the bills shoing the same address.

onecarl
Newly Registered

Post by onecarl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:24 pm

thanks Kampk121, thanks very much

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:02 pm

86ti wrote:
kampk121 wrote:but if getting benefits is a part of exercising treaty rights then U should be fine...

Until how long you can claim job-seeker allowance,Is there any time period or until you dont get job,no matter one year or two.And will it not affect the PR application.

Umekalsoom
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Umekalsoom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:28 pm

alekos wrote:See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dlaw/ecis/

Also, this is the wrong forum. Mod can move it to EEA, please? :)