ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel without ur EEA family memeber

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kampk121

travel without ur EEA family memeber

Post by kampk121 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:51 am

Hi guys, I will be very thankful if someone could tell me that, am I allowed to travel without my wife? She is EU national and Im Non EU. we are both working in UK. and both got the RC for 5 years. thankx in advance.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: travel without ur EEA family memeber

Post by Rozen » Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 pm

kampk121 wrote:Hi guys, I will be very thankful if someone could tell me that, am I allowed to travel without my wife? She is EU national and Im Non EU. we are both working in UK. and both got the RC for 5 years. thankx in advance.
Depends which countries you're travelling to! Different countries have different rules. Check the concerned websites for more info. :idea:

clogman01
Newly Registered

Post by clogman01 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm

As I understand it, once you have got the RC you can travel freely in and out of the UK, provided it is stamped in your passport. However you will of course have to comply with the visa regulations of the countries you are visiting, i.e. you would need a Schengen visa to visit EU countries as a non-EU national (there may be one or two exceptions.)
HTH

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun May 24, 2009 12:23 pm

clogman01 wrote:As I understand it, once you have got the RC you can travel freely in and out of the UK, provided it is stamped in your passport. However you will of course have to comply with the visa regulations of the countries you are visiting, i.e. you would need a Schengen visa to visit EU countries as a non-EU national (there may be one or two exceptions.)
HTH
Ofcourse you can travel freely in and out of the UK with an RC, for as long as the EU person is exercising their treaty rights! I think the OP is asking about entry into other countries with the RC, whether he requires a visa or not, and if he can go without his wife. For example, you can go to Denmark alone with just your RC. Whereas to come to The Netherlands you would have to be with your EU partner, otherwise apply for a schengen visa! So it just depends...

http://www.amblondon.um.dk/en/menu/Cons ... orDenmark/

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/p ... x.php?i=56

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Sweden has no requirement for visa, if you hold a British RC for EEA family members. However on there website its not stated wherether you have to be in compony of your EEA sponsor or not. Syprus as well has no requirement for visa as long as you hold a RC of EEA family member, no matter wherether you are trvling independently.

onecarl
Newly Registered

Post by onecarl » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm

hi guys, i also have RC because of my wife, she is EEA national, can i go alone to Finland or/and Norway? please let me know.

regards