ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & good character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brit2b
Newly Registered

Naturalisation & good character requirement

Post by brit2b » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi all,

I have been a silent member of this forum and I must say this is a fantastic forum and I appreciate your efforts.

This is re Section 3 (3.6) - good character requirement in the AN form. I searched the forum to look for an answer but couldn't find one and hence this post.

3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil
judgements made against you?
If you have answered Yes above please give details below for each sentence starting with the most recent one. If
you have received more than two sentences you should continue on page 13. Convictions spent under the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed (see page 16 of the Booklet AN).

- I have had a trafic offence back in Q2 2006 which is now spent as per the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, I am bit confused the question 3.6. Do I need to say YES or NO.

If I read the question, it appears that I would need to say Yes, but don't disclose any convictions details. But I am not sure if I am being too cautious here. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my Naturalisation is due soon and apologies if this sounds like a dumb question as I don't want to mess up the journey at this last stage.

Many thanks.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:53 pm

if its spent then dont need to tick but wait for any senior member to reply your question.
NAZIA XX

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:20 pm

3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil
If you have answered Yes above please give details below for each sentence starting with the most recent one. If
you have received more than two sentences you should continue on page 13. Convictions spent under the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed (see page 16 of the Booklet AN).
Answer should be NO

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks.

sushdmehta/John/Vinny - What would you advise please?

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 am

gidoc wrote:
Answer should be NO
Answer to this question depends on you
Yes ....If you have unspent convictions
No ..........If no convictions

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks pbs6vas.
Answer to this question depends on you
Yes ....If you have unspent convictions
No ..........If no convictions

That's my understanding as well. But I think my question is what to say in case where there is a conviction that is spent.

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 pm

sushdmehta/John/Vinny/Any senior members - Please suggest..

oshoo15
Newly Registered

Post by oshoo15 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 am

"Convictions spent under the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 NEED NOT be disclosed"
As you are definite your conviction is spent, what more assurance do you need?

koira
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation & good character requirement

Post by koira » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:44 am

brit2b wrote:Hi all,

I have been a silent member of this forum and I must say this is a fantastic forum and I appreciate your efforts.

This is re Section 3 (3.6) - good character requirement in the AN form. I searched the forum to look for an answer but couldn't find one and hence this post.

- I have had a trafic offence back in Q2 2006 which is now spent as per the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, I am bit confused the question 3.6. Do I need to say YES or NO.

If I read the question, it appears that I would need to say Yes, but don't disclose any convictions details. But I am not sure if I am being too cautious here. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my Naturalisation is due soon and apologies if this sounds like a dumb question as I don't want to mess up the journey at this last stage.

Many thanks.
I have couple of Fixed Penalty Notices from nearly 2 years ago for which I didn't go to court nor was fined by the court i.e. no criminal record.

So what do I tick 'Yes' or 'No' for question 3.6

Thanks