ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR successful with 353 days away @ PEO Croydon - 29/07/2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skazmi
Newly Registered

ILR successful with 353 days away @ PEO Croydon - 29/07/2011

Post by skazmi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi All,

I had been a silent reader at the forum for some days before applying for my ILR today. I had originally thought of getting help from a lawyer as my days away were 353 days in total but my lawyer made be believe that it was near to an impossible task plus he did not even mention the Section 1(3) for new born babies in the UK. I then came across this forum, went through them all for a few days and booked my appointment at PEO Croydon.

The documents I presented were:

1. Application form
2. Passports for my wife and I
3. letter from employer confirming my details of employment and a separate letter confirming my travel for work for 353 days.
4. 3 bank statements and 3 pay slips
5. A complete list of all my travel dates a stamps (I used the format provided on this forum and changed it according to how I wanted it).
6. pay slips and bank statements for my wife as evidence for cohabitation (I had no joint bills or statements to give nor does my wife have any bills on her name.

Issues:

1. My employer letter did not include the code for my salary so the case worker had to find one with me which was a bit scary. I recommend everyone to have it added to the letter rather than leaving it to the case worker as they can make a big issue out of it.
2. The case worker asked me for 3 different cohabitation evidence for 2009 - 2011. I explained that my wife did not pay any bills or manage them therefore I had non in her name. She was kind enough to make do with what I had at offer.

I made copies of all the documents the case worker needed and had them in an order so it took me no time to present them to her in the order she requested for them. I felt that it left her in a some what good mood and possibly more accommodating so definitely recommend doing that.

I am very excited and exhausted atm so cant think of what more to add so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

farah

Post by farah » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 am

congratulations
your longest absence at one time?

tara55
BANNED

Re: ILR successful with 353 days away @ PEO Croydon - 29/07/

Post by tara55 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:13 am

Congratulations...

Would you please email me the format of your covering letter and UK absence.

Also what did you submitted for cohabitation? I am on the same boat, I have only council tax demand notice in joint name and nothing else.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:45 am

skazmi wrote:Hi All,

I had been a silent reader at the forum for some days before applying for my ILR today. I had originally thought of getting help from a lawyer as my days away were 353 days in total but my lawyer made be believe that it was near to an impossible task plus he did not even mention the Section 1(3) for new born babies in the UK. I then came across this forum, went through them all for a few days and booked my appointment at PEO Croydon.

The documents I presented were:

1. Application form
2. Passports for my wife and I
3. letter from employer confirming my details of employment and a separate letter confirming my travel for work for 353 days.
4. 3 bank statements and 3 pay slips
5. A complete list of all my travel dates a stamps (I used the format provided on this forum and changed it according to how I wanted it).
6. pay slips and bank statements for my wife as evidence for cohabitation (I had no joint bills or statements to give nor does my wife have any bills on her name.

Issues:

1. My employer letter did not include the code for my salary so the case worker had to find one with me which was a bit scary. I recommend everyone to have it added to the letter rather than leaving it to the case worker as they can make a big issue out of it.
2. The case worker asked me for 3 different cohabitation evidence for 2009 - 2011. I explained that my wife did not pay any bills or manage them therefore I had non in her name. She was kind enough to make do with what I had at offer.

I made copies of all the documents the case worker needed and had them in an order so it took me no time to present them to her in the order she requested for them. I felt that it left her in a some what good mood and possibly more accommodating so definitely recommend doing that.

I am very excited and exhausted atm so cant think of what more to add so feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Congratulations...Did the PEO kept the original employment letter or gave it back to you?

imbuser007
Newly Registered

Post by imbuser007 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Congrats!

on the issue that you mentioned...

Issues:

what is the code of salary ? are you referring to "Tax Code" or "NI Code"?

mine is due next week..appreciate if you can answer at the earliest.

thanks

skazmi
Newly Registered

Post by skazmi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 pm

farah wrote:congratulations
your longest absence at one time?
my longest absence at one time was 43 days and I had another 40 days n a couple of 30 days in there. The caseworker did confirm this by asking me the question and she asked me if I had not made any personal visits abroad. my reply was that after all the travel I did for work I had no desire to get on a plane for leisure.

skazmi
Newly Registered

Post by skazmi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:59 pm

tara55 wrote:Congratulations...

Would you please email me the format of your covering letter and UK absence.

Also what did you submitted for cohabitation? I am on the same boat, I have only council tax demand notice in joint name and nothing else.
I will send you the format later on once I get home.

I had my wifes payslips and bank statements dating back to 2007. I explained that I was the only one who dealt with all the bills and it was easier for me to do it this way. The caseworker agreed and asked me for 2 payslips for 2008 and 2009 and 1 bank statement for 2011 as evidence. both these documents clearly showed the address on them,

I believe as long as you have evidence of the same address, it does not need to be in joint names.

skazmi
Newly Registered

Post by skazmi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Congratulations...Did the PEO kept the original employment letter or gave it back to you?[/quote]

She kept copies of all my documents and returned the originals except for my employer letters. She did not want the copies for them and kept the originals.

skazmi
Newly Registered

Post by skazmi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm

imbuser007 wrote:Congrats!

on the issue that you mentioned...

Issues:

what is the code of salary ? are you referring to "Tax Code" or "NI Code"?

mine is due next week..appreciate if you can answer at the earliest.

thanks
I was referring to the SOC code. Dont require any other code on your letter as long as your base salary is clearly mentioned.