ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid and Valid application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tunde10

Invalid and Valid application

Post by tunde10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am

HI, i have just received a reply from the Home office after 12weeks of an invalid application i made. Originally i applied on the HPDL form as i had discretionery leave and thought that was the correct form.
However 2weeks later i was told this was invalid and made a new application with the SET(o) form. I explained within the application that the other one was invalid and that they should use my passport in the other form alongside this application. However that was not the case as they sent all my documents back from the 1st application.

What i want to know is what do i do now? Should sent back my passport and other documents with a covering letter explaining the situation and asking for it to be considered with my new application? Or should i wait for them to ask for further evidence?

I am really annoyed as i assumed they would read the cover letter in 2nd application and this would not be an issue, especially as both applications dates were close.

thanks for any help

kalechor
Newly Registered

Post by kalechor » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:45 am

hey there,,
you applied in wrong form and you got it returned back to you after 2 weeks.. thats what you mean to say... ?
i am kinda in a same boat like you,, i applied for ilr set o form in july using april version , instead of MAY version..
waiting since from 4 weeks, havent heard anything from them except acknowledgement letter..
pls suggest me what to do to get my whole application form back... though i dont want to lose my 972 quid .
many thanks
there must be many expert out here who will advice you .. have patience.

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 pm

kalechor wrote:hey there,,
you applied in wrong form and you got it returned back to you after 2 weeks.. thats what you mean to say... ?
i am kinda in a same boat like you,, i applied for ilr set o form in july using april version , instead of MAY version..
waiting since from 4 weeks, havent heard anything from them except acknowledgement letter..
pls suggest me what to do to get my whole application form back... though i dont want to lose my 972 quid .
many thanks
there must be many expert out here who will advice you .. have patience.
hi, no i applied 12weeks ago and them found out it was the wrong form. I was then advised on this website to apply again using the correct form and ask for my documents from fist application to be used for my valid one. Home office did not do that and sent back all the document after 12weeks even though my valid one was made 10weeks ago. I now wanted to know how to sent my passport back to be considered with new application.

IN your case i am not sure what to do, i would have said to apply again using the correct form like i was advised. However since u have already paid for the application it is a bit risky. I never paid for my first application, that is why i was happy to apply again with the correct form

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:06 pm

tunde10 wrote:Can anybody please let me know how to submit an additional document. I made an invalid application, which was later followed by a valid one 2weeks later. Unfortunately my passport was sent back from my first application and i need to re-send to to be considered with my new one.

Is all i have to write a cover letter or do i need to print out a form from the home office website? PLz any help will do as i want to submit this today.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:31 pm

I think i have found the solution. In the guidance notes of SET(O) application form, it says to send any additional information to the address: UK Border Agency, Liverpool settlement casework, PO box 306, Liverpool, L2 0QN.
This is different from the address to sent the original SET(O) application so it should mean it is dealt with quicker. Hopes this helps anyone else in a similar situation.

sab124

Post by sab124 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

Hi tunde10,

did u send the additional documents to this new address?