ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thread to track HSMP applications from U.S.A

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:55 pm

Congrats!

Do they always email when you are approved?

ash

progress

Post by ash » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:13 pm

cONGRATS

i am beginning to worry why my application is taking so long - i sent my urgent treatment form today...

CC got charged on the 19th and case worker not yet assigned. Hopefully the urgent treatment form should help.

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:03 pm

lanwarrior wrote:Hi all!

I just got an email from HO about DHL courier pickup and I was notified that my case has been APPROVED!
Congrats, wow that was really quick :)

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:36 pm

Congrats!! wow that WAS quick.

So going for EC now huh. Got a job offer yet or will look for one now?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:37 am

Hi all,

Yes, that's actually pretty quick. I was also amazed myself!

I was actually contacted by HO about the return of the document and they were asking how do they send it via DHL (courier). When I received that email, I was scared s***less since I thought "So fast?? Is my app denied?".

So I emailed them back and asked them whether my application was approved. It become an email "conversation" for the next 15 minutes (it's 7:00 PM in UK) as they replied immediately, saying that my application was approved and the docs are ready to be returned.

So I don't think it's HO modus operandi to send approval via email, jsut happened that I spoke with this nice Immigration officer.

I don't have a job offer yet, but I've been preparing myself (financially) to be able to stay in UK (at worst) for 6 months without a job. But from what I gather, there are many position for someone in my field (IT and Financial audit). So hopefully I'll get the job fast too!

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm

Finally got the ref. number after calling them

Here's my timeline from US

Application Send 7th Aug via DHL
Package received on 9th Aug
CC charged on 10th Aug
Got the ref. number (a 6 digit number) by calling +44-1142074074

Keeping my fingers crossed now.

the immigration officer told me that the case is not yet assigned to a caseworker and it takes 5 weeks to 14 weeks for the process. :roll:

windmill

Post by windmill » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:53 pm

Ok guys! I'm done with my paper work now and ready to send everything out.

Those who have already sent out your application, can you please tell us how did you arrange or mail out your application? I mean binders and all? My degree certificate for MS is too big in size and I'm worried how to send without getting it damaged. :?

I know there has been a post about how to arrange stuff in binders and all but if someone can tell how did they do it specifically, it will help. Its always good to follow tried and tested method, specially in these kinda matters.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Windmill,

I used DHL to send it out, but some issue with RECEIVING the approval (see my other thread about DHL). I'd recommend UPS to ship and receive.

I use DHL document box for sending it, but that's because everything fit. If your documents will be 150+ pages, then get a box. ;)

I didn't use binders, just a large clip (the black one).

oneway

Post by oneway » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Ok,

I stayed awake last night and called +441142074074 at 9 AM their time, 4 AM my time. I got through immediately and I was told that my case was approved on the 16th and that they mailed me the documents the same day. I tried calling the 6020 number but could not get through.

Now, I am not sure if this is accurate because rkc said that these guys do not share the decision over the phone. I am confused. I haven't received my papers yet.

Am I approved or not? :roll:

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 pm

oneway wrote:Ok,

I stayed awake last night and called +441142074074 at 9 AM their time, 4 AM my time. I got through immediately and I was told that my case was approved on the 16th and that they mailed me the documents the same day. I tried calling the 6020 number but could not get through.

Now, I am not sure if this is accurate because rkc said that these guys do not share the decision over the phone. I am confused. I haven't received my papers yet.

Am I approved or not? :roll:
Oneway,

Usually if they said you're approved, then you are approved. I couldn't think of any other reason that they would said so when they actualy do NOT know whether your application was approved. However, for peace of mind, call again tomorrow morning and check again. You'll get a different operator (hopefully) and if they tell you the same thing, time to break the champagne! :D

oneway

Post by oneway » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 pm

Thanks lanwarrior!

I will try again and hope the answer is the same. I have tickets booked for europe for the 1st of september, so help me god! :lol:

Did you receive your documents via DHL already? Are you going to be applying for your EC from the NYC office? I will be sending my docs to NYC for my EC. If I am really approved, I need those docs by this wednesday max so I can get the EC cleared before I leave. I am really cutting it close here!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm

I haven't received it. There's some snafu in term of DHL UK not being able to accept my US credit card (??). So I had to have DHL US make the call themselves from US to DHL UK. That, according to DHL US, will take 1-3 days. So if all is well, I am hoping to receive everything by this Friday.

You're cutting it closed on the 09/01 leave! I think EC takes a week to process, not including the time sending the docs from your place to UK embassy, interview, and sending the document back to you. If I were you, I'll change the ticket to end of September. Just my suggestion.

All the best!

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:32 am

Received my documents in the mail today. Completed online application and paid for my appointment on the 31st morning at the New York consulate. They return passports with visas the same day.

My flight to Europe leaves in the evening on the 1st.

I like living dangerously ;)

Thanks everyone especially lanwarrior, rkc and maar.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:07 am

Hi Oneway,

So you're saying that when you apply for EC, it only took UK Embassy ONE DAY to APPROVE it?

Also, you said that you get the passport and Visa (EC I assume?), but you still ahve to go for an interview appointment later (on the 31st)?

Furthermore, can you provide some details on the following:

1) How long does it take for UK Embassy to SCHEDULE the appointment? I actually lived in SF and there is no UK Visa service here, only in LA. So I am now wondering if I am required to go to LA just for an interview.

2) If you already did the interview, what kind of question they ask during the interview?

3) What kind of documents you sent to UK embassy, besides the HSMP approval, passport, photo, etc? Did you send it bank statement, etc.?

Thanks!

oneway

Post by oneway » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:21 am

lanwarrior,

They encourage you to use the postal route especially in NY. But I was lucky enough to get a slot for the in person applicaiton. Even though it says in person, you fill in the online application with all your details before hand. I guess that gives them enough time to verify your details before you actually show up.

You do it all online. Go to http://www.britainusa.com

You can then do the online application, make your payment($160) and get together all the documents you need to show them. Documents include bank statements, current visa for the US etc. Don't worry, you'll get an extensive list of documents to bring when you do the online application. Click on the in person appointment link and pick an appointment date and time. Show up on your appointed date, hand over the documents. Pick up your passport the same evening. They said on the page for walk in appointments that the visa is usually granted the same day and that you can collect the passport the same day. As far as I know, that's all there is to it. What's this interview thing? There is no mention of any interview on their website.

Remember, you have already been approved for the HSMP. As far as I know, the EC should be very routine. Nothing to worry about.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:04 am

Thanks, Oneway. The "interview" is what I've heard around, that during the visa application, you'll be interviewed when you make the appointment.

You're correct that someone with approved HSMP shouldn't have any issue, but HSMP Guidance actually said that HSMP approval is NOT guarantee to get the EC, as the later is up to the discretion of the immigration officer. I think this is the same for other country.

Thanks!

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:34 pm

Hiya lanwarrior,

I'm here to bug you again. :-D How did you arrange your application?

Ok this is what I'm thinking:

I shall put the whole application (filled and printed HSMP application form) together first.

Since mine is an under28 application, Cover letter and notarised copies of my passport and drivers licence

Then next is Cover letter (in the format you posted :-D. Thanks! you've been a great help with that.) for sections which I'm claiming point for and the supporting documents for that section.

For Part II:

I've attached a cover letter for Q 8,9 and 13 and attaching the printouts, emails and other supporting documents for it. This goes in the end.

This all is attached with a black clip into one bundle.

It'll be great help to hear from people who have been approved if they used the same format or something better. :roll:

Help guys!!

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:47 pm

Oh and in the small box where they ask you to fill-in your info in case we need correspondance back, what should you fill-in - postal address or email?

I've put in both. :?:

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:25 am

windmill wrote: what should you fill-in - postal address or email? :?:
I only provided an email address but I never got any email regarding ref. number, I had to call them to get the ref.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:47 am

I think this is good. I put the docs in the following order:

1) Covering letter (just to state what's the order of the document)
2) HSMP form
3) Supporting documents (explain in the covering letter #1 how you structure it).

windmill wrote:Hiya lanwarrior,

I'm here to bug you again. :-D How did you arrange your application?

Ok this is what I'm thinking:

I shall put the whole application (filled and printed HSMP application form) together first.

Since mine is an under28 application, Cover letter and notarised copies of my passport and drivers licence

Then next is Cover letter (in the format you posted :-D. Thanks! you've been a great help with that.) for sections which I'm claiming point for and the supporting documents for that section.

For Part II:

I've attached a cover letter for Q 8,9 and 13 and attaching the printouts, emails and other supporting documents for it. This goes in the end.

This all is attached with a black clip into one bundle.

It'll be great help to hear from people who have been approved if they used the same format or something better. :roll:

Help guys!!

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:02 am

Thanks pateketu and lanwarrior.

giblet
United States of America

questions

Post by giblet » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:13 am

I noticed that the britainusa.com site asks for a few more things that I didn't see in the regular application. Do you guys know if these things are necessary?

1. Two passport sized photographs

2. Original copies of all evidence filed in support of the HSMP criteria application along with one photocopy of each original document.

3. you will also need to demonstrate: That you have enough savings and/or potential income to be able to support yourself and your family. (I thought this wasn't until EC stage, do I include it now as well?)

I'm getting terrified...almost done!

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:24 am

Where exactly did you see this requirements? I checked numerous times in britainusa.com and the only evidence I see are:

What you will need to do to make an application for entry clearance

You must supply the entry clearance officer with:

* online application
* Your valid passport or travel document
* one passport sized photograph (click here for example)
* a genuine HSMP criteria approval issued by the HSMP Team of Work Permits UK

This is supplied from http://www.britainusa.com/visas/article ... 8&L1=41000

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:00 am

On the page that you linked, under 'Stage One Obtaining HSMP Approval' you will see:
You must submit directly to the HSMP team the following:

A fully completed Highly Skilled Migrant Programme application form. For those under the age of 28 use form HSMP 1(28) (the applicant should also provide evidence that the application will be received before their 28th birthday). Those over the age of 28 should use the standard form HSMP 1
Two passport sized photographs
Original copies of all evidence filed in support of the HSMP criteria application along with one photocopy of each original document.
On the same page under the 'Scoring Areas' section it says:
In addition to scoring at least 65 points in the above areas you will also need to demonstrate:

Your ability to continue to work in your chosen field in the United Kingdom.

That you have enough savings and/or potential income to be able to support yourself and your family.
Does this mean I have to submit photos, copies of everything and records of savings for the HSMP application?

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:09 am

I thought you're applying for EC.. my bad.. :D.

I didn't submit those docs, I just follow what the HSMP Guidance form asked. I DID, however, submit my bank statements as proof of my income, not as proof that I have sufficient money to live in UK.