ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualifying Period For Dependent for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Qualifying Period For Dependent for ILR

Post by mafaquem » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi

I am on Teir 1 ( general ) completing my 5 years next month, as orginally my HSMP was given in August 2006. I got married back home in 2006 and brought my wife to the UK Dec 2006 (she was given the my dependent visa). I applied for extension in 2008 as main applicant and my wife and my 1 year son ( at that time ) was given the same length of leave to remain as mine as my dependants

My wife and my son then went back home for a few times and spent about 12 months away since 2007

I would like to enquire the followings before I apply for ILR

1. Can I apply for all 3 of us together, me as main applicant and my wife and son ( who is now 3) as my dependent for ILR
2. As my Wife has not completed her 5 years and was also away for about 1 year since 2006, will this make any affect on her application ??

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Afaque

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:04 pm

you can apply for all of your (three ) together. Minimum cohabitancy is 2 years for general public BUT you are covered under HSMP JR so you will not have any problem.

good luck

mafaquem
Newly Registered

Post by mafaquem » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:20 am

rajesh_kumar01 wrote:you can apply for all of your (three ) together. Minimum cohabitancy is 2 years for general public BUT you are covered under HSMP JR so you will not have any problem.

good luck
thanks for the quick reply , I need to ask one more question please

My son is 3 years old born in England , at the moment he got leave same as mine, Do i have to apply for him as my dependant in IRL application or should i not apply for him and once i get my ILR sorted , I can get him registered as British citizen ? Should i apply for him as my dependant in my ILR application or not ?

regards

Afaque

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Your choice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Vinny has already answered your question.

Its not mandatory for you to apply for your child ILR with you. Once you get ILR you can apply for your child's registration and passport. This will save you some money.
BUT to remind you , once your child visa expire(he/she would be legal in UK don;t worry) then your child can't go out of UK until your child get his/her passport. Now a days it is taking quite a lot time to get registration certificate. I sent my daughter's MN1 form on 8th June but have not received the certificate as of now.