ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP approval letter(original copy)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

WP approval letter(original copy)

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Dear all,

I changed my status from WP- 5years rules from company -A to Tier-2 General visa for another company -B. I finished my employement at company A and in couple of weeks time i will start new job (august-2011) at company B.

I requested my WP approval original letter copy from company -A but they are refusing to return the original WP letter. They said to me that there wasnot any where in the WP approval document that they sholud give back to applicant once they finish working for them.

Apparently i have photocopy of my WP approval letter and I will be eligible for ILR in next 8 months. Of course only god knows how the future ILR visa rules might change but wondering is it acceptable to leave my WP-Origianl copy with company -A

Your thoughts would be appreciated

timarli

Post by timarli » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 pm

If they're not willing to give you the original, just kindly ask them the copy as 'true copy of original' or whatever the legal wording is...

I am not sure if you'll need it but, just in case get a copy.