ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attested Bank Statements Tier 1 Extension...Advice Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Attested Bank Statements Tier 1 Extension...Advice Please

Post by blueocean1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello Friends.

Need an experience advice…

I am applying for the tier 1 extension on second week of Aug.

I have all my original Natwest bank statements till 27th July as sent by post. But for the duration from 28th July to 10th Aug, I am taking the attested bank statement.

The statement is black and white Natwest logo with stamp and signature. It is without my name. Its only have account number and account type. Will there be any problem for this? :( Do I need a separate letter from the bank.

I won’ be able to get the monthly statement as my bank statement cycle is till 27th of every month.

Few of the guys may have faced this problem and your advice and guidance will be really helpful.
Thanks in Advance

vinayb
Newly Registered

Re: Attested Bank Statements Tier 1 Extension...Advice Pleas

Post by vinayb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

blueocean1 wrote:Hello Friends.

Need an experience advice…

I am applying for the tier 1 extension on second week of Aug.

I have all my original Natwest bank statements till 27th July as sent by post. But for the duration from 28th July to 10th Aug, I am taking the attested bank statement.

The statement is black and white Natwest logo with stamp and signature. It is without my name. Its only have account number and account type. Will there be any problem for this? :( Do I need a separate letter from the bank.

I won’ be able to get the monthly statement as my bank statement cycle is till 27th of every month.

Few of the guys may have faced this problem and your advice and guidance will be really helpful.
Thanks in Advance
Hi Friend,
I am in the same boad. I have my bank statements which are sent by post. I got the most recent statement from the branch. It do have all my details like name, account number transactions etc. Does it have to be stamp-signed? Can you please let me know what happened in your case?

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Hello there,
can someone reply to this post and share the experience as this may be happeing for most of the cases

esharah
Newly Registered

Post by esharah » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 pm

blueocean1 wrote:Hello there,
can someone reply to this post and share the experience as this may be happeing for most of the cases
Believe they accept the statements within one month of the date of your appointment.

vinayb
Newly Registered

Post by vinayb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 pm

esharah wrote:
Believe they accept the statements within one month of the date of your appointment.
Visited a HSBC branch today. They are not allowed to stamp sign any documents for any reason. And that is it. No further explanations.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

vinayb wrote:
esharah wrote:
Visited a HSBC branch today. They are not allowed to stamp sign any documents for any reason. And that is it. No further explanations.
All duplicate bank statements should be signed and stamped by the bank, otherwise it is likely that UKBA won't accept them. Have you tried another branch of HSBC bank for stamping and signing your statement? and how long would it take to order another statement from the bank. I had sort of same problem although my bank is barclays. I ordered statements which I did not receive in time and I went to the bank and re-order the same. The bank officer was kind enough to give me printout of the complete year statement, all stamped and signed. Although just before my extension I received the original one which I had ordered.

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks for this info...but in my case The statement is black and white Natwest logo with stamp and signature. It is without my name. Its only have account number and account type. Will there be any problem for this? Do I need a separate letter from the bank.

mk357 wrote:
vinayb wrote:
esharah wrote:
All duplicate bank statements should be signed and stamped by the bank, otherwise it is likely that UKBA won't accept them. Have you tried another branch of HSBC bank for stamping and signing your statement? and how long would it take to order another statement from the bank. I had sort of same problem although my bank is barclays. I ordered statements which I did not receive in time and I went to the bank and re-order the same. The bank officer was kind enough to give me printout of the complete year statement, all stamped and signed. Although just before my extension I received the original one which I had ordered.

sahmads
Newly Registered

Similar case

Post by sahmads » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:56 am

My Bank statement does not show the company name for first three months,as they have some problems in printing.

I have taken a letter from the bank, signed, stamped and on their letterhead that says " I can confirm the following payments received from your employer XYZ, Payment 1 (Dated x), Payment 2 (Dated y)," etc.

Can someone help me in confirming that this will work?

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Re: Similar case

Post by blueocean1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi there,

I can understand your problem, but its not the way to address by hijacking others thread.
Friends ,can someone please address my initial query..
Cheers

sahmads wrote:My Bank statement does not show the company name for first three months,as they have some problems in printing.

I have taken a letter from the bank, signed, stamped and on their letterhead that says " I can confirm the following payments received from your employer XYZ, Payment 1 (Dated x), Payment 2 (Dated y)," etc.

Can someone help me in confirming that this will work?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:24 pm

You would need your name and address on the bank statement and it should be signed and stamped by bank people...

If you cant get it stamped from your branch try in other branches...where do you currently live???? It might be useful to go to central london branch and get it stamped..they do this quite a lot as they are not busy.. :) :D

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi Mate,

As long as they are stamped and signed , it should be fine. I recently got my Tier-1 visa taking duplicate bank statements from the bank on Bank paper with no address details on it. It was also not signed and stamped in my case as it was on the official stationery they took the print out from. So I can confidently tell you, you are good to go.

RockON

Post by RockON » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Do remember the bank statement should have the bank logo on it, if its duplicate make sure that the statement clearly shows your name, address, sort code, account number, it should be signed, stamped, dated, with the name of the person signing the statements.

If possible try to add bank letter/covering letter along with these duplicate statements, confirming the authenticity of the temporary statements and follow same procedure account no, stamp, sign etc

This all should be dated not exceeding one month before you apply

And no need to rush, take your time and get things right at first place

Best of luck