ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:20 pm

thanks mate...best luck to everyone...good news coming hopefully to every soul waiting.

durian

Post by durian » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:06 pm

jamesinderby wrote:I could be wrong, but after looking at the timeline thread a couple of times, I think there may be three teams dealing with applications: the fast one (finishing a case in about one month time - those who applied in June and have got results in July could have been processed by this team), the mediocre (requiring two months to process) and the slow one (three months or more). Not necessarily there are three teams, but processing time can seem to be categorisied to three groups, as above.

Anyway, the good news is, I hope, the slower two teams are appearing to meet half way (mid May applications) soon, meaning backlog may be fast reduced. I predict the speed of approvals is going to start to pick up next one or two weeks.

Good luck to us all....
There may be some truth in that. What's known is that there are 5 caseworker teams that processes the applications. What's not known is how the applications are allocated to the different teams. For what it's worth, mine was processed by Casework Team 4 (it tells you, just beneath the signatory name) Perhaps if others could share their allotted casework team, a pattern can be seen.

Good luck.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:32 pm

durian wrote:
jamesinderby wrote:Good luck to us all....
(it tells you, just beneath the signatory name).
its good point
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 am

durian wrote:
jamesinderby wrote:I could be wrong, but after looking at the timeline thread a couple of times, I think there may be three teams dealing with applications: the fast one (finishing a case in about one month time - those who applied in June and have got results in July could have been processed by this team), the mediocre (requiring two months to process) and the slow one (three months or more). Not necessarily there are three teams, but processing time can seem to be categorisied to three groups, as above.

Anyway, the good news is, I hope, the slower two teams are appearing to meet half way (mid May applications) soon, meaning backlog may be fast reduced. I predict the speed of approvals is going to start to pick up next one or two weeks.

Good luck to us all....
There may be some truth in that. What's known is that there are 5 caseworker teams that processes the applications. What's not known is how the applications are allocated to the different teams. For what it's worth, mine was processed by Casework Team 4 (it tells you, just beneath the signatory name) Perhaps if others could share their allotted casework team, a pattern can be seen.

Good luck.
All I've received is an invitation letter from the council for the ceremony. So I don't have The required info to share.

rightmove

processing time

Post by rightmove » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

just a cue from how things work in public sector. say, how a railway company's running performance is measured. a train that is late/delayed is let be delayed even further. it is not given clearance at the cost of delaying other trains. so a train that missed its scheduled departure time is expected to get more and more delayed as time goes by. it is not given more preference than other trains that can run on time.

Why? simple, your performance is counted by how many trains are running on time (say 98%). not by how much total delay has happened (say 2% trains are running late by 10 hours).

Now, apply the same logic to the NCS ways of functioning.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 am

Hi guys

Another Dissapointment! Called UKBA to ask for update, same old reply its in process and when asked about what stage is my application at - the lady after checking when I applied said it takes 3 - 6 months and my file has not even been created. A while ago the guy said going through Initial checks.........I'm really frustrated.... hope the wait ends soon...

Prav

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

PK wrote:Hi guys

Another Dissapointment! Called UKBA to ask for update, same old reply its in process and when asked about what stage is my application at - the lady after checking when I applied said it takes 3 - 6 months and my file has not even been created. A while ago the guy said going through Initial checks.........I'm really frustrated.... hope the wait ends soon...

Prav
Don't beleive what that lady said - that's a whole load of crap!!
The same was said to me "no file created yet" after I was told a decision has been made a week ago.(back in July)

gc123

Post by gc123 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 am

That's probably a very good analogy, Rightmove.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks 1664

I'm going by what u said, will start ignoring the call centre people. Just waiting to hear the word "Decision has been made"..

Prav

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 am

[quote="PK"]Thanks 1664

I'm going by what u said, will start ignoring the call centre people. Just waiting to hear the word "Decision has been made"..

Prav[/quote]

PK, you applied in June... i am not sure its time yet to worry...

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 am

Prav
dont believe everythin they tell u as they take for ever to update there system,your approval could even come this week

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 am

forwardever wrote:

Prav
dont believe everythin they tell u as they take for ever to update there system,your approval could even come this week
totally agree with - forwardever
2 things
1) Either their systems update very slowly. and/or
2) Totally depends upon the person who picks your call and how willing he/she is to disclose any information.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:29 pm

1664 wrote: Don't be surprised if you guys get the approval within the next 2 weeks.
Actually I wouldn't be surprised. Similar thing happened to me when I applied for citizenship and I got my approval a week after. I sometimes think why do we even bother calling them up and waiting for, well it was 15 mins this morning, just to hear the same answer that it takes 3-6 weeks, when clearly these guys on the phone do not know what the heck is going on. I doubt if they even have access to the 'queue' to inform callers the status of their application. :roll:

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Thats exactly my point Krazydude...

Some members who applied on the same date as us got their approval last week, So I think its fair for us to expect our decision soon.
And hey Krazydude I got the same Info from UKBA when I rang them this morning.

I agree with U 1664. I will not be surprised if I see the approval post in the next 2 weeks
PK

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

PK wrote:Thats exactly my point Krazydude...

. I will not be surprised if I see the approval post in the next 2 weeks
PK
I am thinking since june and many weeks gone i dont know which next 2 week would i hear somthing anyway goodluck to you
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Nazia88 wrote:

PK
I am thinking since june and many weeks gone i dont know which next 2 week would i hear somthing anyway goodluck to you
Nazia- within the next 2 weeks lets hope you and others receive their approval too.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 pm

1664 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:

PK
Nazia- within the next 2 weeks lets hope you and others receive their approval too.
thank you and hope so, my payment declined at first so i am considering my application in the june bach and looking at the timelline i am due to get resuls soon and finger crossed for eveyone and specialy those who applied before me.
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Nazia! Dont worry all of our approvals wil come soon...C'mon UKBA..

Regards
Pk

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Vipul - any Luck? What's happening with the letter?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 pm

nothing yet mate. I am not sure whats happening. I requested for reissue on 27th July. They asked me to wait for 7-10 working days, which makes it 8th to 10th August 2011.

Will just wait.

Have almost decided to delay my ceremony (assuming its approval) till end of September as I have to go to France for work in September 2nd week. So will apply for visa as I have heard that after ceremony, technically/legally I can't travel on Indian passport

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:51 pm

vipul1981 wrote:nothing yet mate. I am not sure whats happening. I requested for reissue on 27th July. They asked me to wait for 7-10 working days, which makes it 8th to 10th August 2011.

Will just wait.

Have almost decided to delay my ceremony (assuming its approval) till end of September as I have to go to France for work in September 2nd week. So will apply for visa as I have heard that after ceremony, technically/legally I can't travel on Indian passport
yes that's right I have been reading all the posts on OCI and PIO, If you travel on your indian passport you will incur a penalty!

hang in there mate..

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey vipul

One of my mates travelled to India on Indian Passport even after receiving his British passport, but when he wanted to surrender his Indian passport he had to go through a lot of hassle and answer lot of questions. He paid in excess of £450 to get out of it.

Pk

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm

PK, thanks for letting me know. there is no way I am going to compromise on that.

1664, yes there is no point risking it and best to not travel after ceremony

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Now I am totally convinced that UKBA call advisors really dont know anything about the application and even i dont think they have enough access to the system...

As I joined new job today...just wanted to say what will be their reply now...so i called HO again today

When I asked this Guy...he said no need to tell UKBA regarding this change...but when i said anothe advisor told me to write to UKBA regarding this change...his reply was ok may be i should let UKBA know...surely they should know perfectly this otherwise they can misguide applicant which can result in disaster.

And also when i asked if inital checks are done on my application...then he said no and all the checks will be done after allocation to caseworker...This is total BS...

I think may be there are 3-4 adviosr only who tell people that its going throguh initial checks instead of telling that its just sitting in the queue.

Can we write names of the advisors here...just to see if there are unique answers by each advisor?

btw i am going to send a letter to UKBA tomorrow about my job change

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I agree that different advisors have diff set of answers.

In requested for reissue of my decision letter on Wed 27th July. Called on 28th to check if any action taken. Lady said she has frwded the request and it will take 7-10 days for them to process.

Today I called to check and was told that they informed me that the letter was sent again on 27th. I told her I wasn't informed that it has been sent same day I requested. She started saying there are notes on system that I was informed that it has been sent. I had to tell her that u have answered my query but I wasn't told that letter has been sent. Basically we agreed to disagree.

Although I didnt buy what she said as it's difficult for me to accept that they will send a letter same day of request