ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR by PEO??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashreen
Newly Registered

Delay in ILR by PEO??

Post by Ashreen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 am

My husband is on Work Permit and we had applied for ILR thru a solicitor on the 21st of June '11 (by PEO). We received an acknowledgement letter dated 22nd June stating that caseworking will be done - almost 6 weeks now and no news yet.

Do applications that go thru PEO get delayed?? I thought PEO was always the same day approval..

Is caseworking done for PEO applications??

Very restless.. :( Has anybody gone thru this??

xyz123

Re: Delay in ILR by PEO??

Post by xyz123 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 am

Ashreen wrote:My husband is on Work Permit and we had applied for ILR thru a solicitor on the 21st of June '11 (by PEO). We received an acknowledgement letter dated 22nd June stating that caseworking will be done - almost 6 weeks now and no news yet.

Do applications that go thru PEO get delayed?? I thought PEO was always the same day approval..

Is caseworking done for PEO applications??

Very restless.. :( Has anybody gone thru this??
its not very rare for PEO to delay cases and this usually happens if the case workers needs more information or needs to do more checks on the application. What is your solicitor telling you? PEO premium appointment is not a guaranteed one day service.

Not much you can do now except to keep calling your solicitor and wait!

jaybjay
Newly Registered

ILR delay in Croydon PEO

Post by jaybjay » Thu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi
I am in a similar situation. I applied on 24th April using the SO CALLED “premium service” in Croydon PEO and still waiting. After waiting for almost 6hrs on that day case worker told me that they are waiting for biometric results and the system is very slow. She told me that all the documents are in order and they will send the documents back next day. I am waiting for more than a week now. I have not got any update from them. I tried calling their customer care number. They said they can’t give any details of what happened to my application and told me to wait for SIX months before making enquiries.
I requested them to provide the contact details of Croydon PEO. His answer was that they DO NOT have a contact number. I asked him how can such a big building doesn’t have a phone to contact? Then he replied that he can’t disclose the contact number. He also asked me to contact the complaints department if I have any issue. He gave me an email ID which turned out to be the one in UKBA site. I have send an email 3 days back and till now no response to that also. I also checked with the customer service guy on phone to see if it is possible to go back to Croydon office and check for update personally. He told me that I will be refused entry. So I have no other option than to wait for 6 months even after paying the extra 450. Only advantage/disadvantage I got by applying in person is that I could deliver the docs myself. But for that I had to take one day off from my work and wait for almost 8hrs in Croydon office. So I am not sure if it was an advantage or punishment for using this service!

My request to people who are planning to go for PEO service is not to choose Croydon as their location unless you want your passport and documents to be stuck like this with no update.

If there is anyone out there who know the Croydon PEO number or any info on what should I do now please reply.

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I would strongly suggest going to Solihull. Even with IT ISSUES, Solihull is still a better choice.

I had my appointment (myself and 3 dependants) on 24th April 2012 in Solihull (hsmp2007Tier1 also had the appointment that day in Solihull). We both had our applications approved, biometrics done and in the end we were told that due to IT ISSUES, they couldn’t issue us the approval letters. But we were returned all our documents back including the passports.

On 28th April I got my approval letter and BRPs on 30th April. hsmp2007Tier1 also got his approval letter yesterday and BRP today.

So I think Solihull is still a better choice than Croydon as the IT ISSUES are not that bad there.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Linkers,

Thanks for the post.

But again what will people like me do if we have more than 225 days of absence!!

We are struck all around in 4 directions :-)

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 4:03 pm

ITGraduate. I can understand your frustration. I have always recommended applicants with complications (like absences over 180 days, passport(s) lost, or convictions etc) should still try either Croydon or apply by post.

You can try your luck at Solihull (as we have seen cases on this forum where people with absences over 180 days got their ILR s approved at Solihull) first as they don’t take payment if they think they can’t deal with your application. So in case they refuse to process your application, you can book a second appointment in few days time at Croydon and try your luck there.

I know it’s not a great idea to book multiple appointments but this is the only option I can think of. As long as you immediately cancel your 2nd appointment if you get approval in 1st appointment, you are not doing any harm to anyone.

I know few people personally who booked two appointments (1st at Solihull and 2nd at Croydon after few days of gap) and as soon as they got approval at Solihull, they cancelled their 2nd appointment and someone else grabbed that slot immediately.
Last edited by linkers on Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

[quote="linkers"][b]ITGraduate[/b]. I can understand your frustration. I have always recommended applicants with complications (like absences over 180 days, passport(s) lost, or convictions etc) should still try either Croydon or apply by post.

You can try your luck at Solihull [color=darkred][i](as we have seen cases on this forum where people with absences over 180 days got their ILR s approved at Solihull)[/i][/color] first as they don’t take payment if they think they can’t deal with your application. So in case they refuse to process your application, you can book a second appointment in few days time at Croydon and try your luck there.

I know it’s not a great idea to book multiple appointments but this is the only option I can think of. As long as you immediately cancel your 2nd appointment if you get approval in 1st appointment, you are not doing any harm to anyone.

I know few people personally who booked two appointments (1st at Solihull and 2nd at Croydon after few days of gap) and as soon as they got approval at Solihull, they cancelled their 2nd appointment and someone else grabbed that slot immediately.[/quote]

Hi Linkers,

Thanks again for your comment. It did help me and I am sure it will help others too.

Thanks,

chathul

Post by chathul » Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm

ITGraduate wrote:
linkers wrote:ITGraduate. I can understand your frustration. I have always recommended applicants with complications (like absences over 180 days, passport(s) lost, or convictions etc) should still try either Croydon or apply by post.

You can try your luck at Solihull (as we have seen cases on this forum where people with absences over 180 days got their ILR s approved at Solihull) first as they don’t take payment if they think they can’t deal with your application. So in case they refuse to process your application, you can book a second appointment in few days time at Croydon and try your luck there.

I know few people personally who booked two appointments (1st at Solihull and 2nd at Croydon after few days of gap) and as soon as they got approval at Solihull, they cancelled their 2nd appointment and someone else grabbed that slot immediately.

Hi Linkers,

Thanks again for your comment. It did help me and I am sure it will help others too.

Thanks,

Hi,

There are few people in the same situation including me who went on 24th and 25th. We all follow following thread;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=issues