ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcclane

Post by mcclane » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

do they need insurance from everyone or only whoever is not working in uk?

naseeri110
Newly Registered

Post by naseeri110 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 pm

JOZIO1453 wrote:
naseeri110 wrote:Finally Got my RC on 23rd july my time lines are as follow

7th April, sent my application
8th April, HO received
4th May, COA received
25th May, Requested For Passports.
4th June, Reeceived that by 2nd class post.
23rd July RC received.

some points i want to mention that i did apply as a spouse of eea national who is exercising her treaty rights as a student. i am working full time, i bought health insurance only for my wife. not for myself. more on that i send them royal mail envelop but they did not use that at any point. and send my all docs by normal 2nd class delivery.
Im in same stuation with you. i sent my documents 28 april and then they wanted insurance for my wife and scholl finance statement and i sent back 28 may and I req. my passports back in 18 july and I got it 20 july in 2 days and I am waiting for RC.

did you buy this insurance from the begining or after they req. ?

thanks
I bought it from AVIVA. and paying 45 pounds for one person every month. n i bought it from very first day. i send all the docs with my application. Good luck with u guys..i hope u will get it soon.

Scarlett82
Newly Registered

Post by Scarlett82 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:58 am

berber wrote:
Scarlett82 wrote:Hi there,

Here's our timeline so far:

Application received by HO - 09/06/11 (applying as married partner)
COA received by 2nd class post - 14/07/11 (dated 06/07)

Anyone else who has applied around the same time?
Hi,

Application received by HO 01/06/2011
CoA received by 14/07/2011(dated 27th/06)

RC...........??

Good Luck
Good luck to you too berber!!

Scarlett82
Newly Registered

Post by Scarlett82 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:04 am

brokenbeat wrote:
Scarlett82 wrote:Hi there,

Here's our timeline so far:

Application received by HO - 09/06/11 (applying as married partner)
COA received by 2nd class post - 14/07/11 (dated 06/07)

Anyone else who has applied around the same time?
Hi Scarlett, I applied one day after you. Received COA around July 9. Very likely we both will have our RC's in hand by 1st or 2nd week of September given the average times it is taking for others on here. Best of luck!
Thanks brokenbeat. Fingers crossed we get the RCs soon... I'm expecting it will be in September/October. Applications seem to be taking 3-4 months at the moment. Good luck to you too!

johannf

Post by johannf » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I am very happy for those people that received all their papers. May I wish you all the best. :)

Unfortunately I am reading this post with major dissapointment. Seeing everyone getting the CoA's so quickly, and mine not having come through in the last 12 weeks since I applied, is really hard to take.

I am sending a fax to them again today, for yet another request for a CoA, as the last one I did via phone, did not materialise. The worst is that I've missed out on 2 very good jobs, because of no CoA.
I'm really at wits end now... :?

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 pm

johannf wrote:I am very happy for those people that received all their papers. May I wish you all the best. :)

Unfortunately I am reading this post with major dissapointment. Seeing everyone getting the CoA's so quickly, and mine not having come through in the last 12 weeks since I applied, is really hard to take.

I am sending a fax to them again today, for yet another request for a CoA, as the last one I did via phone, did not materialise. The worst is that I've missed out on 2 very good jobs, because of no CoA.
I'm really at wits end now... :?
If you get job offer you can request "Priority Treatment"
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/UKB ... Marked.pdf

johannf

Post by johannf » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 pm

thanks dasjoker. wasnt even aware of any "priority treatment"... (clicked on your link but nothing loads...?)

But I sent them a fax, so who knows what happens next.

CAPTAIN
Newly Registered

Post by CAPTAIN » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Am happy for all the best.. i sent mine exactly the same time and hopefully i will have mine soon as well.
imraniqbal2010 wrote:
couragenh wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote: APPLICATION RECEIVED: 17MAY
COA DATED: 8 JUNE
RESIDENT CARD DATED: 21 JULY
RECEIVED IT: 23 JULY

History: applied under EEA wife being self-sufficient (looking after baby) and i was working. Used health-on-line "personal choice" private medical insurance and costed £78 for the three of us (essential cover, option 2,3,4,5 and £500 excess).

this is just half of a story of a long endurance to get EEA family permit (2 rejections).

Good luck to everyone, pm me for any specifics etc

78 pounds monthly or annually??
and could you please send me the site link as well.
and if you were working,were you not covered by NHS,OR do you still need to buy cover?
thnx
it was monthly. the website is http://www.health-on-line.co.uk/ and i settled for this coz there were so many conflicting comments on the ever-so-cheap WPA so i didnt want to risk it thats why i chose a higher-tier insurance. ironically, the NHS card came three days ago. besides, the general consensus is that the NHS card is not "private medical insurance" so its better to get private one

Thank You so much for your help.And once again congratulations a lot.[/quote]

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 pm

johannf wrote:thanks dasjoker. wasnt even aware of any "priority treatment"... (clicked on your link but nothing loads...?)

Section 1 – Handling Of Requests For Priority Treatment Of EEA
Applications
1. Criteria for priority
1.1 When caseworkers decide whether to agree to a request for priority, they should
consider whether:
• refusal of the priority request is likely to create more work (i.e. in justifying the
refusal) than would make the refusal worthwhile; or
• there is evidence that the case has been mishandled or overlooked; or
• the application has been outstanding for more than three months.

1.2 In each case, we should consider the application for documentation immediately.
However, if priority is not appropriate then the case should not be given priority.
further delay is justifiable then priority should not be given.
1.3 We may, in addition, start consideration where an applicant:
• is unable to make journeys necessary for compassionate or business reasons
on existing documents.

• is elderly (i.e. 65 or over).
• can show that he or she needs an EEA document for a particular job
• has already been significantly inconvenienced as a result of inefficiency on
the part of the Home Office.
(In such cases priority should be given when the
fact comes to light, regardless of whether it is requested.)

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

dasjoker wrote:
johannf wrote:thanks dasjoker. wasnt even aware of any "priority treatment"... (clicked on your link but nothing loads...?)

Section 1 – Handling Of Requests For Priority Treatment Of EEA
Applications
1. Criteria for priority
1.1 When caseworkers decide whether to agree to a request for priority, they should
consider whether:
• refusal of the priority request is likely to create more work (i.e. in justifying the
refusal) than would make the refusal worthwhile; or
• there is evidence that the case has been mishandled or overlooked; or
• the application has been outstanding for more than three months.

1.2 In each case, we should consider the application for documentation immediately.
However, if priority is not appropriate then the case should not be given priority.
further delay is justifiable then priority should not be given.
1.3 We may, in addition, start consideration where an applicant:
• is unable to make journeys necessary for compassionate or business reasons
on existing documents.

• is elderly (i.e. 65 or over).
• can show that he or she needs an EEA document for a particular job
• has already been significantly inconvenienced as a result of inefficiency on
the part of the Home Office.
(In such cases priority should be given when the
fact comes to light, regardless of whether it is requested.)

You are very right,If UKBA caused inconvenience for you somehow they will compensate it and will process your application on urgent basis.
They lost my Passport and then as a compensation they offered me to send RC on A4 paper but i asked them to wait until i submitt my passport coz i want RC on paper.:D

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:30 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote: You are very right,If UKBA caused inconvenience for you somehow they will compensate it and will process your application on urgent basis.
They lost my Passport and then as a compensation they offered me to send RC on A4 paper but i asked them to wait until i submitt my passport coz i want RC on paper.:D
How have they been communicating with you? Do they mainly correspond via email? Because I faxed them a formal request for priority consideration and they have not even had the courtesy to confirm receiving it or reply. I have a really good job offer that I might lose if they delay any longer.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:58 am

Qman wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote: You are very right,If UKBA caused inconvenience for you somehow they will compensate it and will process your application on urgent basis.
How have they been communicating with you? Do they mainly correspond via email? Because I faxed them a formal request for priority consideration and they have not even had the courtesy to confirm receiving it or reply. I have a really good job offer that I might lose if they delay any longer.

They called me on my cell.

cassandra7
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by cassandra7 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

hi everyone, here is my story. :) we decided to get married in february 2010, applied for Certificate of Approval. 5 months later we received Certificate of Approval and my passpor, but HO kept passport of my husband. I am from EU, my husband is non-EU. After our wedding we sent documents again to HO with EEA2 application on 27/05/2011, with a copy of his passport, because HO has a original. On 16/06/2011 we received letter from HO, asking to send them his passport, not a copy of passport???? On 20/06/2011 we send them new letter, asking them to re-open our application, explaining that passport had been submitted to the UKBA with our application for Certificate of approval and was kept by the UKBA(HO) since then. No news since 20/06/2011...any ideas?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: eea2

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 pm

cassandra7 wrote:hi everyone, here is my story. :) we decided to get married in february 2010, applied for Certificate of Approval. 5 months later we received Certificate of Approval and my passpor, but HO kept passport of my husband. I am from EU, my husband is non-EU. After our wedding we sent documents again to HO with EEA2 application on 27/05/2011, with a copy of his passport, because HO has a original. On 16/06/2011 we received letter from HO, asking to send them his passport, not a copy of passport???? On 20/06/2011 we send them new letter, asking them to re-open our application, explaining that passport had been submitted to the UKBA with our application for Certificate of approval and was kept by the UKBA(HO) since then. No news since 20/06/2011...any ideas?

yes, Probably they lost it.you should have made inquiry abt it long time before.you might need to get new passport and send it to them.& ask for compensation.

brokenbeat
Newly Registered

Post by brokenbeat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 am

How is it that the UK government can be so careless and haphazard with our passports? It perplexes and annoys me to no end that we go through many weeks/months of meticulous planning and organizing for the EEA2. The least the government can do is have the decency to treat our important possessions with care!

Has there ever been cases of the government losing original documents such as birth or marriage certificates? I've mailed off quite a few priceless original documents as supporting evidence. I'll be damned if they lose those as well!

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:06 am

brokenbeat wrote:How is it that the UK government can be so careless and haphazard with our passports? It perplexes and annoys me to no end that we go through many weeks/months of meticulous planning and organizing for the EEA2. The least the government can do is have the decency to treat our important possessions with care!

Has there ever been cases of the government losing original documents such as birth or marriage certificates? I've mailed off quite a few priceless original documents as supporting evidence. I'll be damned if they lose those as well!

With ukba anything is possible.I personally know many people who documents missing when they send back not only passports or ID cards but other valuable documents missing as well.& what they say at the end is that we can compensate the cost.

kimchi_bb
Newly Registered

overstay?

Post by kimchi_bb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 am

Hello everyone, have a difficult situation pls help! I am about to apply EEA2 and I am not a visa national. I can stay for 6 mths with my entry stamp but I arrived in the end of Apr, and got married in July. Which means my 6 mths will be expired in Oct while I would still be waiting for RC. I am afraid that they would count me as overstayed and reject my application. Me and my husband are planning a visit to his parents in late Aug and when I come back I will have a new stamp on my passport. but if I dont receive the COA by then, I am afraid they would not let me in with my marriage certificate and just send me back home :(, or they could just dont let me in even with the COA?

I read on the UKBA website that:
You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.

We are frustrated of the situation, that would be a big problem if they count me as an overstayed person! how could I come back!? Pls help and thanks in advance!!

alekos

Re: overstay?

Post by alekos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

kimchi_bb wrote:Hello everyone, have a difficult situation pls help! I am about to apply EEA2 and I am not a visa national. I can stay for 6 mths with my entry stamp but I arrived in the end of Apr, and got married in July. Which means my 6 mths will be expired in Oct while I would still be waiting for RC. I am afraid that they would count me as overstayed and reject my application. Me and my husband are planning a visit to his parents in late Aug and when I come back I will have a new stamp on my passport. but if I dont receive the COA by then, I am afraid they would not let me in with my marriage certificate and just send me back home :(, or they could just dont let me in even with the COA?

I read on the UKBA website that:
You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.

We are frustrated of the situation, that would be a big problem if they count me as an overstayed person! how could I come back!? Pls help and thanks in advance!!
For the first three months you and your EEA husband don't need to do much to enter and leave the UK. It's a good idea to carry your marriage certificate if travelling, though.

After 90 days, EEA citizen needs to exercise treaty rights in the UK, in order to allow you to stay in the UK legally. A Residence Card issued by UKBA is only to confirm your rights of free movement as a family member. It expires, but not your relationship which is what counts.

I'd suggest you apply for a RC once you return to the UK after your journey in August, as applying for a RC can take up to 6 months and your passport will be held by UKBA for most if not all of the time. You do not need a RC, but it makes life easier in the UK and Europe in general if you go on holidays with your husband.

As long as the relationship is genuine and your husband exercises treaty rights in the UK, you will never be an overstayer.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

ponnuki0322
Newly Registered

Post by ponnuki0322 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Our timeline:

EEA2 application: 20 Dec 2010
CoA: dated 21 Jan 2011

We didn't received anything since then. I called UKBA on 21 June, they said application is being processed. I called them again today and got the same answer. When I complained that CoA (needed for work) is no longer valid, the lady said she'll make a request to European case work team to have a look and issue a new CoA.

It's taking longer than the cases I read about here (and the legal limit of 6 months). No idea why ... perhaps it's that we married shortly before lodging the application.

anthonydoh
Newly Registered

Post by anthonydoh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Here is our timeline:

Sent: May 24
Received by UKBA: May 25
COA received: June 27
Residence card received: August 2

This was much faster than I had anticipated, well done to the staff there! Only 10 weeks!

(We are a married couple).

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 pm

anthonydoh wrote:Here is our timeline:

This was much faster than I had anticipated, well done to the staff there! Only 10 weeks!

Congrates and could you plz elaborate that under wich category did u applied,
employed,self sufficient orstudent.
thnx

brokenbeat
Newly Registered

Post by brokenbeat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:40 pm

This is great news! I applied only 17 days after you. Also as a married couple, employed. Crossing my fingers...

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Gosh, anthonydoh you gave me hope and also anxiety as my timeline is almost same as yours;

Sent EEA2 25th May
Received by UKBA 26th May
COA received 24th of June

Congratulations!

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm

I did 28 april they turn me back for mistake document so i sent back 30 may there is nothing new ;)
i got my passport back few days ago;)
I hope i wil get rc this month

anthonydoh
Newly Registered

Post by anthonydoh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:

Congrates and could you plz elaborate that under wich category did u applied,
employed,self sufficient orstudent.
thnx
Thanks, I am employed, I had just started working before we made the application. My wife, as the non-EEA national, found employment whilst the application was in process, using her EEA Family Permit.

Thanks brokenbeat, thanks Alexandrette. Good luck to you both and also to all else playing the waiting game.