ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do next

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lickacandy
Newly Registered

What to do next

Post by lickacandy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi

I have applied for Domestic abuse ILR its been 3 weeks now, i just wanna prepare myself for the worse and know what step to take next

spousal visa expires end of august 2011, my situation at the moment i live with friends with my son and because i cannot afford child care for my son i cannot work my son only goes to nursary for 15 hours goverment funded (i used to work full time before the separation with his dad so im not lazy lol)

what i would like to know is what if my application get declined, whats the next step , will i be allowed to appeal? and how much will it cost?
will i be allowed to aplly under human rights? hense my ex partner has a relatioship with our son( they see eachother every week and he pays child mantainance)will i be allowed to apply whilst im still in this country or do i have to go to s.afr to do the application? by the time i receive my documents my visa would have expired...

the problem with that is that my ex will never let me leave the country with our son and has threatened to have a court order stoping my son leaving the country until he is 18, and i will not leave this country without my son

please help

ChinaJoe
Newly Registered

Post by ChinaJoe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm

How old is your son and is he a British citizen ?

lickacandy
Newly Registered

Post by lickacandy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 pm

He was born in south africa but has british passport and the dad is british and he will be 4 in 3months

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 am

Please continue in your existing thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.