ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applyin ILR 10yr Start Date of Application paying by cheque?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hunter007
Newly Registered

Applyin ILR 10yr Start Date of Application paying by cheque?

Post by Hunter007 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi All,
I'm applying for ILR under the 10yrs rule next Tuesday 9th Aug.
I'll be posting the application by Royal Mail Special Next Day Delivery.
What will the start date of the Application be if I pay the fees by cheque...is it the day UKBA receive the documents or is it the day the cheque clears which I understand to be 5 working days later?
Thanks,
Hunter

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Its the day UKBA receives it

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 am

Application date is the date of posting (34G-34I) a valid application. However, if you qualify on the date of decision, then you should be OK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:44 am

Be careful though, they will try to clear the check straight after receiving it, not in 5 days, my friend sent a check with his application, he thought money will taken in 3 or 4 days, even he wrote a latter date on the check for money to be taken, but he found the next day of application's receipt, they try to take the money even when it's earlier than the check available date.

Hunter007
Newly Registered

Post by Hunter007 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:37 pm

ok thanks for your comments :)