ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transition from fiance to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

littlebush

Transition from fiance to spouse visa

Post by littlebush » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi all,
my fiance is currently here in the UK on a 6month fiance visa (I'm British, shes Russian).
We get married in early October, the visa runs out a week later.
Am i right in thinking that as long as she has applied for the spouse visa before her fiance visa expires, she does not have to leave the country and can just wait for the application to be approved?

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Yes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 am

Provided it's a valid in-time FLR(M) application. No open mouth in recent photograph, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 am

Don't forget she will need to pass the new English A1 test requirements before applying for FLR(M) unless she has a Bachelors or Masters degree taught in English. Test results/certificate can take several weeks to be issued.