ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I visit UK on Visit Visa ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob7dan
Newly Registered

Can I visit UK on Visit Visa ?

Post by rob7dan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 am

Hi people,

I am a Sri Lankan who currently lives in Sri Lanka.
I have a Sri Lankna Passport with recently issued visa by the French embassy to join my wife in France. I have not gone to France Yet, we got married in March this year.

the details on my Long stay visa for France is as follows.

valid for : FRANCE( sauf CTOM)
Type of Visa : D Valid from 26/7/2011 to 26/7/2012
Number of entrees : MULT
they have given to authority to work.
I am planning to go to France to join with my wife in End of September or October 2011.

My Question is,

Can I apply for a visit visa to UK, General Visa , to visit my friend who is ill ?
Will my French visa have any problem for the visa officer not to give visa to UK ?
Do i need to include my wife salary and bank details too ?

I am planning to go to UK then return back to Sri Lanka , then go to France in end of Sep or October.

I have been to UK number of times, since I was a University student in UK 4 years ago. I had tourist visa, to UK before. I have a good emigration history with Britain.

Thanks in Advance.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am

Can I apply for a visit visa to UK, General Visa , to visit my friend who is ill ?
Yes, you can
Will my French visa have any problem for the visa officer not to give visa to UK ?
No, it won't.
Do i need to include my wife salary and bank details too ?
Not needed. Your details will do as its a visa for you.