ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daniash

Post by daniash » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 am

I have now been waiting for 12 weeks.
Anyone out there been waiting for longer? (apart from you RNR I know)
I completely agree that what the phone advisors say is total and utter BS. Basically all they know is whether a decision has been taken or not. If the answer is not, then they just tell you one of a set of excuses which will be random and inconsistent between phone calls.
One thing is clear.
This is not good service.

I've resolved not to call again. I've made peace with the fact that I'll have to wait and I try to stop myself sighing when I see holiday adverts on TV or the huge sunscreen & sunglass corner in chemists'. At this point, I'm going on holiday sometimes late in the autumn, I'm resigned to this. It'll have to be somewhere fricking hot to make up for the waste of the summer.
PS No, last time I called they said I can't have my passport back. They even said that they don't scan documents in advance, completely at odds with what lots of other members here say! Do these advisors know ANYTHING at all?

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 am

Well in April / May I noticed people getting their cards or accounts debited/charged within days of the application submission. Right now it took UKBA more than 3 weeks to do the charge for an application submitted in mid July - so clearly a very big slowdown in the entire process. If it takes them 3 weeks to charge for the application - from 3 days like they used to, I wonder how long the entire process will take now ...

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:30 am

anybody who has approval thinking of going for Right to Info application?
this is bad service by UKBA by all standards.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 pm

hmw wrote:Well in April / May I noticed people getting their cards or accounts debited/charged within days of the application submission. Right now it took UKBA more than 3 weeks to do the charge for an application submitted in mid July - so clearly a very big slowdown in the entire process. If it takes them 3 weeks to charge for the application - from 3 days like they used to, I wonder how long the entire process will take now ...
true that, there's an obvious slow down for the people applied from end july..

I will be applying for mrs next week, now getting worried at the phase of things...

Can it be due to people being on Holiday in July/Aug?

actuary

Post by actuary » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

vipul1981 wrote:I agree that different advisors have diff set of answers.

In requested for reissue of my decision letter on Wed 27th July. Called on 28th to check if any action taken. Lady said she has frwded the request and it will take 7-10 days for them to process.

Today I called to check and was told that they informed me that the letter was sent again on 27th. I told her I wasn't informed that it has been sent same day I requested. She started saying there are notes on system that I was informed that it has been sent. I had to tell her that u have answered my query but I wasn't told that letter has been sent. Basically we agreed to disagree.

Although I didnt buy what she said as it's difficult for me to accept that they will send a letter same day of request
I applied on 13th May, this is my 12th week running and no update so far :)

daniash

Post by daniash » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I got my money taken after 2 days but this didn't stop me being one of the longest waiting members here (I think)
I think our trying to make sense of how the UKBA works by analysing the data we have is a bit like pareidolia: it's totally random, but we try to see patterns in it.
We reasonably assume that because it's a system designed by humans, it must work rationally, but don't forget, it's a government department too so the complete unpredictability and awful service is to be expected.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm

i applied on the 10th of may i called them alot of times but same reply everytime.ill avoid calling them now.

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I would beleive they have got no real information on the status.It gets updated only when it is scanned ,decision made ,decision sent.

But strange some people had updates like initial checks finished,last stages of application.

UKBA systems are really the Eight wonder on this planet.

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Really feeling down and really dislike the home office. I needed to travel and requested my passport from the 22nd of July and called today to check with them and they told me that nothing on their system shows that I have requested the passport. So I made another request today and hopefully they dispatch it this time.

Now want to check the status of the application and I was told a very nice answer "no file has been created yet" please someone tells me what that means. I have been told many times before "waiting allocation", "in the queue", "waiting to be considered" but NOW - NO FILE HAS BEEN CREATED

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm

semsem wrote:Really feeling down and really dislike the home office. I needed to travel and requested my passport from the 22nd of July and called today to check with them and they told me that nothing on their system shows that I have requested the passport. So I made another request today and hopefully they dispatch it this time.
Hi semsem,

I have received my passport next day after requesting it. The reason for this quick dispatch that I told the call centre that I don't mind to pay for special delivery. So, after one day they rang me took my card details and send me passport in the same day to receive it day after.
Hopefully if you do the same you will get it on time.

Thanks
mego

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 pm

mego_1980 wrote:
semsem wrote:Really feeling down and really dislike the home office. I needed to travel and requested my passport from the 22nd of July and called today to check with them and they told me that nothing on their system shows that I have requested the passport. So I made another request today and hopefully they dispatch it this time.
Hi semsem,

I have received my passport next day after requesting it. The reason for this quick dispatch that I told the call centre that I don't mind to pay for special delivery. So, after one day they rang me took my card details and send me passport in the same day to receive it day after.
Hopefully if you do the same you will get it on time.

Thanks
mego
Well I did the same and they never called until today and when I called today they told me nothing is mentioned on the system. Really disappointed

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am

Just received my UK passport this morning (had my interview at 4.45PM on Monday) - so very happy. Many thanks to everyone who has posted on these pages giving information that helps clarify next steps and what to expect. Would keep checking the forum to see if I can help anyone along in their journey as well.

Cheers!

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

cogunde wrote:Just received my UK passport this morning (had my interview at 4.45PM on Monday) - so very happy. Many thanks to everyone who has posted on these pages giving information that helps clarify next steps and what to expect. Would keep checking the forum to see if I can help anyone along in their journey as well.

Cheers!
Congrats cogunde.
Did you get your passport interview quick? or did you have to wait for a while?Where was your interview?

Thanks

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 pm

cogunde wrote:Just received my UK passport this morning (had my interview at 4.45PM on Monday) - so very happy. Many thanks to everyone who has posted on these pages giving information that helps clarify next steps and what to expect. Would keep checking the forum to see if I can help anyone along in their journey as well.

Cheers!

CONGRAT

cogunde

Post by cogunde » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:32 pm

1664 wrote:

Cheers!
Congrats cogunde.
Did you get your passport interview quick? or did you have to wait for a while?Where was your interview?

Thanks
1664, got my letter on Saturday 30 July asking me to call the interview no to book an interview. I did straight away and was able to get an appointment for the Crawley centre on Monday 1 August PM. Straightforward interview, 10-15 mins, and that was it.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 pm

thanks cogunde

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Guyz i have one question, when we sent our application by post we never sent my husband passport coz of job interview and travel but we sent a birth certificate insted, IS THAT OK??, and now he is free and no interview can we send his passport or dont need to to that untill they ask anything i was worried because he born in the uk but after 1983 and will that be the issue? please clear if someone have info thanks.
nazia x
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Nazia88 wrote:Guyz i have one question, when we sent our application by post we never sent my husband passport coz of job interview and travel but we sent a birth certificate insted, IS THAT OK??, and now he is free and no interview can we send his passport or dont need to to that untill they ask anything i was worried because he born in the uk but after 1983 and will that be the issue? please clear if someone have info thanks.
nazia x
I wouldn't worry. If they need any further documents they will ask for it.

PK

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

PK wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:Guyz i have one question, when we sent our application by post we never sent my husband passport coz of job interview and travel but we sent a birth certificate insted, IS THAT OK??, and now he is free and no interview can we send his passport or dont need to to that untill they ask anything i was worried because he born in the uk but after 1983 and will that be the issue? please clear if someone have info thanks.
nazia x
I wouldn't worry. If they need any further documents they will ask for it.

PK
i am not worried just tried to get the more info, have anybody sent the birthcertificate isnted of passport of theire husband/wife.
NAZIA XX

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm

I would have finished three months tomorrow and still awaiting decision.Roll on next month.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 pm

I know...I think for me the wait is going to be 3 months...6 months....12 months....and on and on...

what the best use of hard earned money :cry:

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Please someone tells what "no file has been created" means?

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 pm

If you are talking about the response from Nationality Call Centre..its a load of rubbish....just ignore them. I dont think they have any update on the case. I called them this week and I got the same answer..

The only option I can now see is to wait patiently for them to decide on the case....

PK

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:42 pm

I believe this means that the application is still sitting in a big pile and no one touched it yet. I believe one of the first things they do is creating a file for the application.
However, I would be careful putting too much faith in what they tell you over the phone. The only reliable answer is "a decision has been made". I'm not sure they have visibility in the actual status of the application before a decision has been made.

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. My only worry is that I need my passport urgently and I requested it more than 10 days ago and when I called to follow up on my passport I got this new answer and according to that they are not able to trace my request because my file has not been created!!