ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO Ref number for dependant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shs213

HO Ref number for dependant

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

My wife joined me few years back as my HSMP dependent, since then she moved to Tier #1 dep, then ILR with me.

I have now naturalised and in the process of applying for my PP...

Wife will be applying for her naturalisation on the grounds of married to Brit 3yrs... In the application form they ask for HO ref number.

I have looked at all the prev letters we recvd from HO and she doesnt have a ref no. All the application for Tier#1 extension, ILR application etc were done together, so I am not sure if dependants get a separate HO ref number or just mapped to the main applicant.

Can someone pls clarify if I should use my HO ref number for her also?

Thanks,

Member of Standing

Re: HO Ref number for dependant

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:05 pm

shs213 wrote:Hi,

My wife joined me few years back as my HSMP dependent, since then she moved to Tier #1 dep, then ILR with me.

I have now naturalised and in the process of applying for my PP...

Wife will be applying for her naturalisation on the grounds of married to Brit 3yrs... In the application form they ask for HO ref number.

I have looked at all the prev letters we recvd from HO and she doesnt have a ref no. All the application for Tier#1 extension, ILR application etc were done together, so I am not sure if dependants get a separate HO ref number or just mapped to the main applicant.

Can someone pls clarify if I should use my HO ref number for her also?

Thanks,
HO ref num is not a necessary field to fill in..you can leave it blank too if oyu don't have one or are unsure.

You mentioned your wife joined you as a dependent under HSMP a few years ago - was it under HSMP JR?(out of curiosity)

pkalluri
Newly Registered

Post by pkalluri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 pm

I ve used the one on the receipt when you applied for ILR.They give a payment receipt when u apply for ILR and that's got a Home office REf.
I ve used premium processing last year and my solicitor asked me use the same ref no for naturalisation.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:57 pm

pkalluri wrote:I ve used the one on the receipt when you applied for ILR.They give a payment receipt when u apply for ILR and that's got a Home office REf.
I ve used premium processing last year and my solicitor asked me use the same ref no for naturalisation.
Hi, I too used the prem one day service. There are two letters to say ILR is granted. in my letter (main) there's HO ref number and there's no ref no (black) for my wife's ILR letter. We got all the letters stapled together.

So my question is does she have a diff ref no or should we use my ref number? In my case, we are applying for naturalisation as separate applicants - so want to be sure.

I like to fill in all available fields to help speed up the process....

I will also be going for my wife's NCA appointment with the ILR letters and ask the question from the guy who checks them, thougth ui'd check here too...

Any idea?
Last edited by shs213 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shs213

Re: HO Ref number for dependant

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:59 pm

[/quote]

You mentioned your wife joined you as a dependent under HSMP a few years ago - was it under HSMP JR?(out of curiosity)[/quote]

Not JR!!

I was a WP convert to HSMP post JR era...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:07 pm

shs213 wrote:I like to fill in all available fields to help speed up the process....
Having or not having that field won't speed things. It can take 1 month or 6 months but it's not this field that would matter. If you don't know, just leave blank or ask in the NCS appointment.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Jambo wrote:
shs213 wrote:I like to fill in all available fields to help speed up the process....
Having or not having that field won't speed things. It can take 1 month or 6 months but it's not this field that would matter. If you don't know, just leave blank or ask in the NCS appointment.
Agree with Jambo.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Jambo wrote:Having or not having that field won't speed things. .
How do you know?

common sense tells me a form filled with all information has a better chance of progressing vs a form with fields missing...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:19 pm

I agree but they are important fields in the application and less important ones. The HO reference number is not so important. The HO can locate the file without it.

If you have been following the citizenship timelines thread, you would have probably also come to a conclusion that "common sense" has nothing to do with "speed of process".....

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 pm

HO ref num is not a necessary field to fill in..you can leave it blank too if oyu don't have one or are unsure.
Yes this is best left blank, unless you have a previous ILR ref no from HO.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 am

shs213 wrote:
Jambo wrote:Having or not having that field won't speed things. .
How do you know?

common sense tells me a form filled with all information has a better chance of progressing vs a form with fields missing...
I didn't provide prev ho ref num still my application was processed within 7 weeks. Not bragging just doubling up on the fact that if you don't have the information on optional fields best to leave it blank than fill it wrong!

Best wishes