ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bub
Newly Registered

Interview

Post by Bub » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and find it is really useful. It's helped answer lots of my questions - just wish I knew about it before submitting our application.
My husband in Pakistan has been called for an interview next week in Islamabad and asked to take our wedding photos with his as well as a copy of my passport. We got married in Pakistan at the beginning of the year and I returned to the uk after a month.

What sorts of questions will they ask at the interview and how long before he get the results?
Has anyone any experience?
Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:11 pm

use the search facility on this forum
Where there is a will there is a way.

Bub
Newly Registered

Post by Bub » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:15 am

My husband went for his interview yesterday and 'Yes' he has got his visa. He went in fully prepared for any questions they might ask (we did lots of mock interviews with each other over the phone)

He was asked just 3 questions

1. They asked who had filled out his application form and he told them it was his wife.
2. Was he present when she was filling out the form. He said yes.
3 They asked the date of the wedding

Then they asked what proof he had of his weding and he gave them the photos.

Fortunately, the first few photos were of us both smiling at each other (and he was really impressed with this) He didn't look through them all.

I suggest that anyone going for an interview find out as much as possible about each other (mock interviews is a brilliant idea)
Go in looking and feeling confident
And most importantly please have all the relevent paperwork with you and back your answers up with evidence.

Good Luck