ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help regarding train ticket offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastiger82

urgent help regarding train ticket offence

Post by mastiger82 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

hello everyone,

This site has been very useful for many people and thanks for workpermit.com who have brought this.

I am really in a serious problem.

2 weeks ago, I was stopped by the train ticket officer and he took my details and said that we will write letter to you.

I have my ilr in 3 months time and really worried about it.

Please suggest and share experience as what will happen...

many thanks
:cry:

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 pm

What was your offence?

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:40 pm

I always touch in touch out my travel card.

that day, I was in great rush, I honestly forgot to touch and therefore, officer said that he will report and we will write to you.

I always follow the law and did not have intention to avoid fare.

I have read on different website that this is a serious matter.

I am really worried.

thanks for reply.

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

hi everyone...

Please help any senior member .....

thanks

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 am

mastiger82 wrote:hi everyone...

Please help any senior member .....

thanks

Personaly, I don't think this is a serious matter, because everyone can make mistake. You should get some instruction from offical body, the direct way to find out is to call the train company and ask if this will be in the offence category and if it is, then find a code for it, then write to home office and ask you should disclose it or not. Some offence you do not need to declare it in the form.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Angela Jiang wrote:Personaly, I don't think this is a serious matter, because everyone can make mistake.
With due respect Angela I disagree with you on this point.

@ mastiger82 It is indeed a serious matter if the train company escalates it to further level. At this stage I am not sure whether or not you've heard further from them. Usually they go to magistrate's court and get the summons. Your post doesn't suggest any such thing.

The only hope (just a tiny one) in your case is you were using travel card (possible prepaid, I am not sure as I've never used it) and it's not like the case where someone is caught travelling without a ticket (didn't buy the ticket in the first place).

But producing no ticket means bought no ticket.

My humble suggestion is to seek legal advice from a solicitor or visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau. You or your representative may want to speak/write to the train authority and tell them you had/were carrying your pre-paid travel card (means it not like you have not paid for the service but by mistake forgot to touch or swipe and/or you still have the payment receipt of the travel card). They may decide not to take action with or without the conditional that you pay for that day trip etc.

Please seek professional advice without further delay. I wish you all the best mate.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

jason77

Post by jason77 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:45 pm

adamboston wrote:
Angela Jiang wrote:Personaly, I don't think this is a serious matter, because everyone can make mistake.
With due respect Angela I disagree with you on this point.

@ mastiger82 It is indeed a serious matter if the train company escalates it to further level. At this stage I am not sure whether or not you've heard further from them. Usually they go to magistrate's court and get the summons. Your post doesn't suggest any such thing.

The only hope (just a tiny one) in your case is you were using travel card (possible prepaid, I am not sure as I've never used it) and it's not like the case where someone is caught travelling without a ticket (didn't buy the ticket in the first place).

But producing no ticket means bought no ticket.

My humble suggestion is to seek legal advice from a solicitor or visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau. You or your representative may want to speak/write to the train authority and tell them you had/were carrying your pre-paid travel card (means it not like you have not paid for the service but by mistake forgot to touch or swipe and/or you still have the payment receipt of the travel card). They may decide not to take action with or without the conditional that you pay for that day trip etc.

Please seek professional advice without further delay. I wish you all the best mate.
I was in the same situation once. I jumped on the long buses in Londno and forgot to touch in. The inspectors came in to check tickets and i had forgotten to touch in so they took my details and told me i would get a letter in the post. It arrived advising me that I could face legal action and that I had to pay a fine or explain what happened if i can remember clearly. I wrote back and explained exactly what happened that I had money on my oyster and the only wrong thing i did was forget to touch in. I asked them what further action was required of me and i never heard back from them so i should think everything was fine with them. I would suggest that if there is a penalty in your case (i think £20) just pay it as per their instructions.

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

jason77 wrote:I asked them what further action was required of me and i never heard back from them so i should think everything was fine with them. I would suggest that if there is a penalty in your case (i think £20) just pay it as per their instructions.
Jason your case is a good example and this is what I am trying to establish. I think mastiger is still holding a chance to get it sorted before it becomes more serious.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.