ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - CoS Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

njzy
Newly Registered

Post by njzy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm

silverchloride wrote:Ok now amongst other things, this is what the HR person said.

We have not yet applied for the certificate of sponsorship, but have
applied for the right to raise one.

Interesting, so I guess they haven't really applied for one and perhaps just consulting with UKBA on what they should apply for? + the guy whose handling my case is on holiday!

I hope it all goes well.
They might mean they are applying for COS, but haven't assigned it to you.
I don't know "what is the right to raise one".

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:10 am

silverchloride wrote:Ok now amongst other things, this is what the HR person said.

We have not yet applied for the certificate of sponsorship, but have
applied for the right to raise one.

Interesting, so I guess they haven't really applied for one and perhaps just consulting with UKBA on what they should apply for? + the guy whose handling my case is on holiday!

I hope it all goes well.
They have requested additional or new COS allocations. Usually a company is allocated certain no of cos when they register. So they have requested one for you. Once they receive it they will be able to assign it to you (Explains why they didn't need your details, passport no etc)

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 pm

hmmm yeah now it makes sense.. what do you think the chances are like? I know I'm just freaking out but its always good to get some experienced advice.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

silverchloride wrote:hmmm yeah now it makes sense.. what do you think the chances are like? I know I'm just freaking out but its always good to get some experienced advice.
Worst thing you can do right now is panic. Relax. You should be fine. You even have a backup plan. Think about the millions of students who don't even have a plan regardless of a back up plan ? You're in a much better position !

I'm not an expert ! I self thought everything from reading this forum.

Good luck mate, Update your success !

:)