ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries from MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

Queries from MN1 form

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 am

My Baby born in May-11 and We (Parents) got ILR in Jul-11. We are registering BC for baby through MN1 under section 1(3).
I have few queries as part of filling the form. can anyone help me out on MN1 queries below please?

1.2 - Left Blank
1.3 - Left Blank
2.1 - Left Blank
Section 3 - All questions in this section left blank (looks applies to 3(2), 3(5)?)
Section 4 - All questions in this section left blank (looks applies only children aged 10 or more?)
Section 5 - Baby is 3 months old, but looks Referees still required as per MN1 Guide :(
1.9 - Nationality: Baby is not holding a passport, however planning to mention 'Indian' as our (parents) nationality is Indian

NCS -
I am not sure about NCS, making application through NCS will add any advantage? If NCS accepts application, does it mean that it almost success? Pls suggest?
Application almost looks stright forward apart from my above questions, but again thinking not to take any risk.

Can you please confirm or let me know if I wrong anywhere?

MN1: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf
Guide: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 am

You got it all right. As per the guidelines on the front page of the application, you will need to cross out the sections which are not relevant.

As for referees, try your GP or health visitor as one and a family friend with a valid British passport as the second one. The HO are less strict about referees for babies applying under section 1(3) but better to get referees if you can. NCS might insist on having referees if you have an appointment with them.

As for NCS, registration application are quite straight forward, especially those under section 1(3) and you usually get approval within 1-2 months. Going via NCS will not mean it will be granted but since this is application under 1(3) i.e. entitlement for BC, then either NCS or postal should be just fine. There is no difference in the speed applications are treated. As it is clear that you read and understand the guidelines, the only advantage with NCS is that you can keep your documents (passports, birth certificate, marriage certificate) with you instead of sending them to HO. The downside is the extra cost.

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks Jambo