ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wifes visa status -we are not sure and getting mixed answers

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arno294
Newly Registered

wifes visa status -we are not sure and getting mixed answers

Post by arno294 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi, can you help to clarify the issue we have now - my wife is the dependant.

1. Our HSMP visa status started July 2006 - 2 year period
2. We had to change visa status to Work Permit during July 2008
3. Judicial review - changed MY visa to Tier 1 - did not include my wife’s application because her passport was submitted for renewal to home country

Currently My status is Tier 1 and my wife's status is Work Permit ( I am not sure if the work permit status is dependant on my old work permit or not and no one can tell me)

My question is, is my wife's status valid?

When I spoke to the Immigration Advice Bureau earlier in the year they claimed that her status is Good - but calling them today they now claim her status is not good.

I am very confused whether my wife's status is valid vs. not valid and I don't know what to do next.
I appreciate any advice you might have

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:38 pm

The confusion might be caused by the way that you phrase your question. You mention that she is on a work permit, however this is in contradiction to your earlier statement that she is your dependent.

So you first need to be clear whether she is on a work permit or dependent visa, because I am not sure whether this is so that she can become a dependent or whether she was already a dependent.

arno294
Newly Registered

Post by arno294 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 pm

that is also an issue we have... originaly on the HSMP her visa stated that she is my dependent... but on the work pertmit it does not state this and no one can tell me what the real story is... all I can asume is that she still is a dependent but not even the letters we recieved stated anything in line with that.

to be clear - when we changed to work permit status - her work permit docuement in her passport do not say anything about being a dependent and neither did the letter state this.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 pm

arno294 wrote:that is also an issue we have... originaly on the HSMP her visa stated that she is my dependent... but on the work pertmit it does not state this and no one can tell me what the real story is... all I can asume is that she still is a dependent but not even the letters we recieved stated anything in line with that.

to be clear - when we changed to work permit status - her work permit docuement in her passport do not say anything about being a dependent and neither did the letter state this.
I think when your wife got the WP the tier1 dependant visa became invalid. Just wait for other forum members comments to confirm.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 pm

If she is your dependent and you changed your visa then her visa should also be changed as it could be invalid. You would only fnd this when encountered by an EC officer at the airport. The earlier the better.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 am

It may help if you wrote what your and your wife's endorsements in the passports actually says.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.