ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick pass for English Language requirement for dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fajr

Quick pass for English Language requirement for dependant

Post by fajr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi Guys

I am on Tier 1 and my wife is on Tier 1 dependent. I am applying for ILR but my wife is the UK for only 1 year so I cant apply for her ILR with me. So I need to apply for her as dependant of settled person within 28 days which requires English Language requirement.

Do anyone know from the list of approved English test which one she can just book a test rather doing the whole course with any college?

In general if your wife has done similar test recently, could you share your experience?

Thanks

shadhk

Post by shadhk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:35 pm

fajr

Post by fajr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

shadhk wrote:PTE Academic

TOEIC
Thanks for your links.

Can ESOL entry 1 test be taken without registering for the course? I am still not clear which course should we select for easy, quick (and relatively cheap) to get the certificated needed.

Thanks

mmhiqbal
Newly Registered

Post by mmhiqbal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 am

Hello everyone

I am in the similar situation as Fajr. I am not sure whether it is absulately a requirement to apply for the spouse visa within 28 days of receiving your ILR. Can you show me any basis for this?

Many thanks
fajr wrote:

TOEIC
Thanks for your links.

Can ESOL entry 1 test be taken without registering for the course? I am still not clear which course should we select for easy, quick (and relatively cheap) to get the certificated needed.

Thanks

mmhiqbal
Newly Registered

Post by mmhiqbal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

....and furthermore what happens if my wife cannot pass her English requirement in due time. What would be the consequences?

Many thanks
mmhiqbal wrote:Hello everyone

I am in the similar situation as Fajr. I am not sure whether it is absulately a requirement to apply for the spouse visa within 28 days of receiving your ILR. Can you show me any basis for this?

Many thanks
fajr wrote:

TOEIC
Thanks for your links.

Thanks

fajr

Post by fajr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 am

[quote="mmhiqbal"]....and furthermore what happens if my wife cannot pass her English requirement in due time. What would be the consequences?

Many thanks

[quote="mmhiqbal"]

I am not sure. In our case, she is on Tier 1 dependant but I am applying for ILR so I need to change her visa to dependant of settled person.

I have found another test Trinity GESE. Apparently the test only lasts 6 mins costig £85.

Did anyone has any experience with this test?

Thanks