ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved HSMP: some tips on applying

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lanwarrior

Approved HSMP: some tips on applying

Post by lanwarrior » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:23 am

Hi all,

My application was approved in a relatively quick manner (about 2 weeks from the day the application was received), as shown in these timeline (OUT of country):

07/31: app. received
08/01: CC charged
08/15: ref. given via phone
08/17: notified that case has been approved

I've come to learn a lot from this board, thus as a way of thanking everyone, I am listing what I have done and provided in my application package as a guidance for everyone. It won't guarantee that your applicaiton will be approved, but it'll show you at least what WORKED for me. Note that this is an application from USA.

Here we go:

1) Proof of income
My payroll slip are all online-based, thus I did NOT submit these as proof of income, since HSMP Case Worker guidance specifically said NO A4 printed payroll slip. To make matter worse, my company REFUSE to sign and stamp the printed payroll slip. THus, I have included the following instead:
- Letter of employement, stating my current salary, length of employment, and position. This is signed by the HR dept. in my company and the contact name and phone number are provided
- Printout of the last 12 months bank statements. Note that this is NOT the original, as the statements are online based.
- W2 tax form, which is the US tax form showing my taxable income for the past year

2) Proof of work experience
I obtained the letter of employment from EACH of my past employers and current one. I write the letter myself and ask the corresponding Manager to review and sign. Each letter have the following:
- Company letter head
- Length of employment
- Position
- Job responsibilities: note that this is NOT the job description, but the actual job responsibilities that I have performed. The reason is because job descriptions are sometimes to vague. Plus, by actually listing what I've done, I can emphasis on certain items, such as "Managing budget", "Lead the APAC team", etc, which will definitely clarify to the case worker that I am working in a "Senior Position".

3) Cover Letter for each evidence
I think this is one of the most overlooked item in many HSMP application. For EACH evidence, I have attached a cover letter to EXPLAIN what are the purpose of each evidence and WHICH information the case worker should look at. If NO EVIDENCE are available, I still write the cover letter to explain WHY I don't have such evidence, yet I still qualify. I've posted a sample of cover letter that I use in the following link (note that it has been sanitized to remove any private information):

- Cover letter for proof of earning: http://s90267578.onlinehome.us/Statemen ... SAMPLE.doc
- Cover letter for sections in HSMP where no personal evidence exists. http://s90267578.onlinehome.us/Statemen ... SAMPLE.doc

The cover letter are BASED on the sections from the actual HSMP application.

4) Reference number and follow-up
After knowing that the application have been received (through DHL tracking number), I called the HSMP office at +441142074074 EVERY 3 days to follow-up on numerous things: reference number, assigned to caseworker, etc. This helps me gauge the process of my application and, most importantly, keep my sanity since I don't have to get worried everyday. I called at 9:00 AM UK time and I've always gotten through to a live operater less than 5 minutes.

5) Return delivery of document
I opened up a DHL account (FREE) and I included a PRE-PAID and PRE-POPULATED DHL Airway bill, showing the TO and FROM, and the DHL pouch to the package that I sent to HO. I then write a simple note asking that HO CONTACT ME when they're ready to return the document, so I can arrange a pick-up with DHL UK. HO did emailed me and ask what to do on returning the application. Afterwards, I just call DHL UK at +44 1332 816960. So when my application has been approved, they can simply put everything in the included DHL pouch, attach the label, and wait for DHL to pick it up.

I think that's about it. If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer as much as I can. Otherwise, just respond to this thread.

ALL THE BEST!
Last edited by lanwarrior on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:37 pm

I think I can say this on behalf of many other potential applicants like me, who are still under the process of application:

THANK YOU!!

Its nice to see you giving back to the board where we get so much information from. :-D

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:27 am

hey lanwarrior, do you have an Ivy League MBA? I wonder how they verified the documents so fast.

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:42 am

No... just have the basic 10 years working experience in 3 different countries.

I think I made my application REALLY easy for the case worker to read, with the cover letter, highlighting the bank statements, etc.

I WISH I am in the Ivy League! :lol: