ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa FLR(M) - Delayed Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zimtimtim
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa FLR(M) - Delayed Certificate

Post by zimtimtim » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi,

I am about to go for my appoinment at the Croyden office in person but Cambridge have delayed and not sent me my certificate for my English qualification. My appointment is on this thursday 4th and it's been 3 weeks since they said they were posting this out to me.

What can I do as my visa expires on the 8/08/11??

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa FLR(M) - Delayed Certificate

Post by ElenaW » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm

zimtimtim wrote:Hi,

I am about to go for my appoinment at the Croyden office in person but Cambridge have delayed and not sent me my certificate for my English qualification. My appointment is on this thursday 4th and it's been 3 weeks since they said they were posting this out to me.

What can I do as my visa expires on the 8/08/11??
Chase it up and ask what's taking so long. I'm afraid if you're going in person they'd probably just put it in the postal pile if you don't have the certificate.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa FLR(M) - Delayed Certificate

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm

ElenaW wrote:
zimtimtim wrote:Hi,

Chase it up and ask what's taking so long. I'm afraid if you're going in person they'd probably just put it in the postal pile if you don't have the certificate.
And if they do so then just send the certificate once u get it. Write a strong cover letter and perhaps a letter from whereever u took the test appologising and giving a reason for delay. If home office gets ur certificate with the 2 weeks of making the application u should be ok but it well could be rejected if they went through the docs before that time which is highly unlikely

zimtimtim
Newly Registered

Post by zimtimtim » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Certificate arrive this morning!

My appointment is first thing tomorrow. My application should be straight forward I hope.
I'm on an ancestral visa after being in the Uk for 9 years and married a British citizen.

Documents I have :

Passport + wife's
English certificate
Pay slips + wife's
FLR(M) 04/11 edition
Bank statements
Photos + wife
Birth certificate
PhotoCopies of everything

Anything I've missed off the list?

ultimate12570

Post by ultimate12570 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 pm

zimtimtim wrote:Certificate arrive this morning!

My appointment is first thing tomorrow. My application should be straight forward I hope.
I'm on an ancestral visa after being in the Uk for 9 years and married a British citizen.

Documents I have :

Passport + wife's
English certificate
Pay slips + wife's
FLR(M) 04/11 edition
Bank statements
Photos + wife
Birth certificate
PhotoCopies of everything

Anything I've missed off the list?
i have been in the same situation, i have got my Cambride result Online printed report from Cambridge website pass with merit along with an Expired IELTS score of 6.5 bands but they refused to accept, although they can verify from university of cambridge but they still want Original certificate, but it depends because every case is different and every visa officer is different as well, people have different experiences! anyway best of luck!