ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen visa for Non EU resident in ROI

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noneudad
Newly Registered

Shengen visa for Non EU resident in ROI

Post by noneudad » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm

My previous post from today with this question disappeared from this forum without a trace. Have I broken the rules? The question was:

Edited: Sory, my bad. I just couldn't find the previous post with the search. Ignor the top bit

My child is an Irish citizen, me and my wife are non EU and need visas to anywhere in EU. We live in ROI on IBC5 permit and have stamp 4.

Do I need a Shengen visa for a holiday in, say, France? Do I have to pay for it?

Do I have the right to live ( with my EU child) and work in any member state?

How does the Zambrano case influences my situation, if it does at all?

MidnightHawk

Re: Shengen visa for Non EU resident in ROI

Post by MidnightHawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 pm

noneudad wrote:My child is an Irish citizen, me and my wife are non EU and need visas to anywhere in EU. We live in ROI on IBC5 permit and have stamp 4.

Do I need a Shengen visa for a holiday in, say, France? Do I have to pay for it?
Yes - you do. You need to apply at the embassy of the country you intend on spending your holiday - see their embassy website. Usually you need to provide proof of your status here in ROI (VISA/GNIB card), medial insurance, travel and accommodation bookings. It may also take much longer if this is your first application for a Schengen visa. Best to double check timeframe. (Also, if your passport expires within a certain amount of months they may not grant you a Schengen visa)
noneudad wrote:Do I have the right to live ( with my EU child) and work in any member state?

How does the Zambrano case influences my situation, if it does at all?
As far as I am aware - you only have the right under Zambrano to live and work in the country of your child's birth. You cannot therefore move to the UK and work there under Zambrano. You'll need to apply for a new VISA according to their requirements.