ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 Student SWITCHING INTO TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HASEENA
Newly Registered

TIER 4 Student SWITCHING INTO TIER 2

Post by HASEENA » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Hello everyone!

as per Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 07/2011) - Page 5 of 52

[*From Tier 4, you can only switch into Tier 2 if you meet the following criteria:
During your most recent period of leave in any of the above categories, you •
completed a course of study. You do not need to have received your results yet,
you must have sat your final examination (where there is one) and handed in an
final pieces of work. Please note that if you have only completed part of a course
(for example, the first two academic years of a three year course), you will not be
considered as having completed the course.

*That course of study must have been at least one academic year in duration. An •
academic year is the period of time that the institution you studied is open and
providing courses each year. Usually an academic year is from September one
year until June the following year. There may be some variations, but we would
consider any courses shorter than 8 months as being an academic year in length.

*You meet in full all other requirements of the category you are switching into.
]

my question is:

I was granted LTR for HNC/HND of total duration of 18 months (6 months for HNC and 12 Months for HND) from HTS state funded college.
I have completed HNC of 06 months and now I have got graduate level job offer from UK employer, as I have got equivalent to UK bachelors degree and I fulfill all other requirements of Tier 2, but it is just one reservation which I have mentioned above. Can someone advice me if I can be allowed to switch into tier 2?

Thankyou
Haseena

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:36 am

I am sort of in a similar situation, no one has a clear answer to that, but from the looks of me and you don't qualify :(

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 4 Student SWITCHING INTO TIER 2

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 am

Please note that if you have only completed part of a course[...], you will not be considered as having completed the course.
This seems to be the significant issue. However, do you otherwise qualify; have you scored sufficient points.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm

other points yea, its a graduate training scheme I have been offered, and as far as course completion is concerned, I have registered to complete my ACCA, now the way it works is the college teaches you for 3-4 months, u give exams with the ACCA board after a month or so, I began in Jan 2011 and gave exams in Jun 2011, those were for 3 ACCA Professional Papers. Now I am studying for a further two more papers, so I don't know how do they constitute the academic year in such cases.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:44 pm

hasham11 wrote:other points yea, its a graduate training scheme I have been offered, and as far as course completion is concerned, I have registered to complete my ACCA, now the way it works is the college teaches you for 3-4 months, u give exams with the ACCA board after a month or so, I began in Jan 2011 and gave exams in Jun 2011, those were for 3 ACCA Professional Papers. Now I am studying for a further two more papers, so I don't know how do they constitute the academic year in such cases.
i think the point is that you have not completed your course regardless of the fact that you may get a lesser qualification if you finished now and as you haven't completed the course you don't meet the requirements.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 am

well the thing is that its entirely upto me if I want to start the additional 2 papers in sept, as the classes begin in sept, also giving the exams doesn't necessarily mean I will pass all the papers, I could fail them as well meaning I will have to retake. ACCA comprises of 14 papers which a person can give over a time span of 10years, and they donot have a limit on the amount of retakes.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:18 pm

hasham11 wrote:well the thing is that its entirely upto me if I want to start the additional 2 papers in sept, as the classes begin in sept, also giving the exams doesn't necessarily mean I will pass all the papers, I could fail them as well meaning I will have to retake. ACCA comprises of 14 papers which a person can give over a time span of 10years, and they donot have a limit on the amount of retakes.
this is how ukba would see it: you were granted a student visa to study a 'course of study' with a start and end date. You have not completed that course of study and therefore they are most likely to refuse your application.

Also as an aside- you cannot retake the same exam or module more than twice under the tier 4 rules.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 pm

I also have a Bachelors degree from the UK, does this count for being a completed course?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 pm

hasham11 wrote:I also have a Bachelors degree from the UK, does this count for being a completed course?
Only if you completed the course in your most recent period of leave.

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:26 am

hmmm.. well I got the degree in 2008 and then moved to Tier 1 Post Study. so this won't count :(

Suppose my company applies to Tier 2 now and it gets refused, will my current Tier 4 be still valid?

hasham11
Newly Registered

Post by hasham11 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am

quick question, my lectures finish in mid november 2011 and if I get a letter from college saying that my course has finished in mid november would that be fine to fulfil the criteria by UKBA. I started the course in Jan 2011.