ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone Contacted the BHC for visa update?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetmissy

Anyone Contacted the BHC for visa update?

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 am

I know this may appear a random question...

What happens if you do not hear within the 12 week time frame, with regards to a visa Application?

Do people have the right to contact the BHC?

I know a few people on this forum, have contacted the BHC in their country of application... But to me it seems, you could potentially 'rock the boat' for your visa :?

What are your views?
Alhamdulilah for habibi..

Submitted: 19/05/2011
Recieved at BHC (Cairo): 23/05/2011
Call from BHC (verifying details): 08/08/2011
With Courier (24hr): 24/08/2011
**VISA GRANTED**: 25/08/2011
(Waiting time: 71 working days/ 14 weeks)

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Sweet Missy,

Aww you still waiting!! I have been checking now and again to see if you had updated any thread.

When my husband applied, after about week 7 I was emailing Worldbridge, and the Egyptain Embassy in UK and the British Embassy in Cairo I think! lol It was the most stressful time of our lives, and I think I just felt better getting some sort of reply from anyone. To be honest I don't think it makes much difference at all. I did get a personal reply from a member of staff at the Embassy which kept me happy for about one day, although I can't even remeber what it said - obviously not alot!

I don't think it rocks the boat to contact them, but you tend to get a general repsonse rather than someone looking at your individual case.
My husbands took 8 weeks to the day but his was very straight forward. I think I recall that your husband had once briefly overstayed a visit, and this may be why it is taking slightly longer....but thats normal.

Send Worldbridge an email and see what they say. Im sure you will hear any day now, just keep positive, I now know dreadful the "not knowing" is and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Keep us posted x

jay6610
Newly Registered

Post by jay6610 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 am

@sweetmissy

I am still awaiting an outcome from the BHM Mumbai. I applied on the 28/04/11, its been about 66 days. Not heard anything. Even my wife havent heard anything. i have heard that even if you write an email to your embassy, they will only reply with the following: Kindly wait till the decision is being made, because enquiries are pending. Sometime i wonder what goes on in this people's head. Never understand from what is right to wrong and vice versa.. Well i hope you hear from them soon. Good luck.

:)

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

Just checked the most recent update of Processing Times in Cairo (that being June). Only 22 settlement decisions were made, with 86% made in 60 days and 95% made in 90 days.

Im sure you will hear any day now!

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 am

Aww thank you for your responses.....

I wouldn't have the first clue. I contacted WorldBridge, and simply got the generic email "90% of settlement visa's are completed in 12 weeks"...

I know i may seem impatient, but 12 weeks is ever so long, with no sort of update... it just says 'Arrived at visa section'... *yawn*

I do worry that the fact that we are waiting so long that it may be bad news... :cry: :cry: :cry: I pray so much that this will not be the case....

Also STlewis... did your husbands status change to 'Documents ready for collection' before he recieved it? Only as my Hubbys visit visa remained at 'arrived at visa section' even after he had his passport back :?

I'm sorry for all the questions....

Jay6610- I hope you hear something soon too... you are 10 days ahead of us

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:36 pm

I used to check his visa updates about a trillion times a day, as did he and I remember the day before he got the visa it literally said nothing, so we knew it was possibly in the process of being updated. It only changed the day after we actually got the visa to "Documents with Courier"

We paid extra at Worldbridge, for the courier to deliver his passport back to him, (think it was approx £30 extra and called business class) . The next day he had a call on his mobile at 10 am which he missed and then the courier immediately rang his landline and he arranged to go into his local town and meet the courier.

He was handed an envelope with his passport in it, and a few documents we had submitted (copy marriage Cert etc), e opened it straight away and the visa was in it.

I waited 8 weeks and that was bad enough, never mind 12 but it doesn't mean its bad news at all. They have to be thorough if they are going to grant him entry, no news is good news!

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Oh thank you ST Lewis, that makes us feel a little more positive... It is hard for sure.. and since the crisis over there, there has been a delay in these visas.

Yes my husband paid the same for a courier also, i check that status too... still nothing... i am sure i will fall off my chair the minute he gets it. Inshallah it will be soon and its all good news...

So best ease off the worldbridge site hehehe. My hubby applied in Alexandria for his, so i suppose we must give extra days for it to get back up there.

Thank you for your reassurance STlewis xx

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:36 pm

In 6 months times you'll soon forget how dreadful the wait was, especially when he doesn't do the dishes or make the bed ha ha ha!

Keep me posted and keep positive

Kellie X

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Hehehehehe very true!!

Thank you for your support Kellie, most appreciated!

I will keep you posted as soon as we hear anything!!

Thank you again.

xx