ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Serious Problem - Please clarify

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Serious Problem - Please clarify

Post by destinationuk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:16 am

Hi,
I had sent my HSMP application in May 2006.Now I have a serious problem :?: . In my company the hierarchy goes like this…I report to my project manager and he reports to my Technical Manager. I had taken reference letter from my Technical Manager to apply for HSMP and have not mentioned anywhere in the application regarding my Project manager.

On August 7th my project manager had got a call from British Embassy asking for some queries. How long I was in the company and other general stuff…My project manager gave those details. They had also asked for specific dates when I joined the company, when I got promoted .My project manager was not aware of these exact dates so he told that he would transfer the call to his supervisor ( my Technical manager). When he transferred the call my technical manager was not there in his seat. And so there was nobody to answer that call. I thought they would call some time later for further verification. Now it is 10 days after that still there are no calls.

Now Will my case be rejected because there was nobody to answer when they called? When I call the Home Office today they say that they are still working on my case. Please clarify :cry: .

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Post by destinationuk » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:17 pm

Can i call the HO and provide them with the direct mobile numbers of my Technical manager and ask them to call him.....Somebody please advice me.....

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:10 pm

I don't think it can create a serious problem for you. You dont have to provide numbers to HO rather you should try to call a British Embassy of your country and talk to Immigration/ Visa section for clearification.

I personally think they wanted to verify whether you are employed by the same company on the said position that you mentioned in your HSMP application or not? i dont think HO do the verification so its better to call Embassy rather than HO.

ameenji
Newly Registered

Post by ameenji » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:41 am

Hi where did u receive call from, is it embassy in india or directly from U.K, basing on that it depends, can u clarify pls.
Mrs Khan wrote:I don't think it can create a serious problem for you. You dont have to provide numbers to HO rather you should try to call a British Embassy of your country and talk to Immigration/ Visa section for clearification.

I personally think they wanted to verify whether you are employed by the same company on the said position that you mentioned in your HSMP application or not? i dont think HO do the verification so its better to call Embassy rather than HO.

adindas

Post by adindas » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi ameenji
Would ypu please provide reason why you need to know this ?

Adindas

[quote="ameenji"]Hi where did u receive call from, is it embassy in india or directly from U.K, basing on that it depends, can u clarify pls.
quote]

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Post by destinationuk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:01 am

The call was from the British embassy of my country (India).So should I call the British embassy and give the contact detials of my techninal manager.

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Post by destinationuk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi ameenji, mrskhan..
How does it matter whether the call is from HO or brithish embassy..Please let me know...

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:21 pm

It doesn't really matter whether the call was from Embassy or HO you can make clearification to both. But I think calling HO is bit resource intensive and secondly the verfification is always done by the British High Commission immigration / visa section.
So i think in order to save time & money it is preferable to call BHC, coz even if your call HO the information will travel down to BHC where the locally engaged staff make verification of applicant's details like Bank check, education & employment etc.

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:04 am

destinationuk wrote:Can i call the HO and provide them with the direct mobile numbers of my Technical manager and ask them to call him.....Somebody please advice me.....
Hi destinationuk

No need to worry. I think you are done. and you will get approval letter in few days time. Same happens to my two of friends and they are in UK right now.

Best of Luck

hsmpguy@yahoo.com

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:05 am

destinationuk wrote:Can i call the HO and provide them with the direct mobile numbers of my Technical manager and ask them to call him.....Somebody please advice me.....
No need to do that, if they need to clarify more they will call himself.

dont worry

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:07 am

Mrs Khan wrote:I don't think it can create a serious problem for you. You dont have to provide numbers to HO rather you should try to call a British Embassy of your country and talk to Immigration/ Visa section for clearification.

Yes i agree with MRs Khan they just verify that you are employee of the company and designation. and that information they already got.

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Post by destinationuk » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 am

Hi HSMPGUY,
Thanks a lot for the info ...Ur replies make me feel happy. :D
Actually I had called the British Embassy in India (chennai) and explained my situation.They replied that incase the HO need more details,they would contact my manager.I called the HO yday, they reply that the decision is not yet taken.. So now I cannot do anything but hope for the best and wait.