ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bio-metric Process - Matter of Urgency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haisvee
Newly Registered

Bio-metric Process - Matter of Urgency

Post by haisvee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi
My Visa renewal is next month. It is for me and my wife and 2 kids. My queries are related to biometric process. My wife and 2 kids (5 years and 1 year) have done biometric in India when they took the visa in Dec 2010. But we are not sure whether bio-metric was done for my 1 year old son. I am planning to apply for September 1st 2011 and planned to apply through post
Following are my queries
1. Do I need to apply biometric for my entire family or for me alone?
2. I understood from different mails threads that once we send the Visa application form they will be sending us the bio-metric form to us. Is this means our Visa will be renewed once they got the biometric details or renewal and biometric are two done in parallel process?
3. If biometric is mandatory b4 the Visa renewal, how long they are taking to issue the Visa after we give our biometric in any centres?
Your valuable guidance is much appreciated
Thanks in Advance[/b]

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Bio-metric Process - Matter of Urgency

Post by mk357 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 am

haisvee wrote:Hi
My Visa renewal is next month. It is for me and my wife and 2 kids. My queries are related to biometric process. My wife and 2 kids (5 years and 1 year) have done biometric in India when they took the visa in Dec 2010. But we are not sure whether bio-metric was done for my 1 year old son. I am planning to apply for September 1st 2011 and planned to apply through post
Following are my queries
1. Do I need to apply biometric for my entire family or for me alone?
2. I understood from different mails threads that once we send the Visa application form they will be sending us the bio-metric form to us. Is this means our Visa will be renewed once they got the biometric details or renewal and biometric are two done in parallel process?
3. If biometric is mandatory b4 the Visa renewal, how long they are taking to issue the Visa after we give our biometric in any centres?
Your valuable guidance is much appreciated
Thanks in Advance[/b]
(1). Yes. You neeed biometric for all your family
(2). They would look into your application only when the biometrics are cleared i.e. no criminal record etc. Which means decision on your application would ONLY be taken after they receive your biometrics.
(3). When your application is allocated to a CW only then you are normally asked for biometrics. After taking biometrics it takes upto a max of 2 weeks but in some cases its earlier.