ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hay

Post by Hay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Hauzen wrote:I don't know whether having this forum to check information on is a blessing or a curse - it's a great source of information and updates, but at the same time it's frustrating to read that others are receiving their ILRs in much shorter timescales than we've been waiting for (14 weeks +)!

Ah well, back to waiting for the postie's knock again tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that)...
True, its very frustrating. UKBA is very cruel to our applications...14 weeks and no news... my one will be 14 weeks next week, can't wait to call them and ask for update, did they give you any update?

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Hay wrote:
Hauzen wrote:I don't know whether having this forum to check information on is a blessing or a curse - it's a great source of information and updates, but at the same time it's frustrating to read that others are receiving their ILRs in much shorter timescales than we've been waiting for (14 weeks +)!

Ah well, back to waiting for the postie's knock again tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that)...
True, its very frustrating. UKBA is very cruel to our applications...14 weeks and no news... my one will be 14 weeks next week, can't wait to call them and ask for update, did they give you any update?
Very little in terms of update really other than saying "the application is not yet completed".. "with a caseworker".. "aim to complete 95% within six months" yadda yadda. Wasn't expecting them to provide much information given what others have said on here but it's frustrating all the same.

Methinks a strongly worded letter of complaint may be in order after we get everything back. Won't do much good but will make me feel better at least!

Hay

Post by Hay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Hauzen wrote:
Hay wrote:

Very little in terms of update really other than saying "the application is not yet completed".. "with a caseworker".. "aim to complete 95% within six months" yadda yadda. Wasn't expecting them to provide much information given what others have said on here but it's frustrating all the same.

Methinks a strongly worded letter of complaint may be in order after we get everything back. Won't do much good but will make me feel better at least!
I am up for any kind of complain... I am 100 percent sure if we take Home office to the court that its not reasonable to keep our passports for such a long time, the court will order to quash their policy. Its very unfair policy which is not an act of parliament. This has never been discussed because applicants are afraid to complain when their application are in progress and after that they don't care.

siddhant4u
Newly Registered

Post by siddhant4u » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Hello All,

I had applied for ILR online on 10th June and payment was by Debit card. I posted the documents on 11th June and checked delivery on 13th June (monday).

I never received any Acknowledgement Letter and initially I thought that for Online application the reference number you get is sufficient. However, reading some comments on this post I guess everyone gets ack letters !!

Should I call them? What's number for the ILR status helpline?

sab124

Post by sab124 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello siddhant4u.
It will be good to go through the following link...and try calling Immigration Enquiry Bereau

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/

siddhant4u
Newly Registered

Post by siddhant4u » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm

thanks Sab124,

just called them and got standard reply that I cant' get anything before 14week not even a status.. :(

I would assume they have my application with them already as she checked my personal detail against her system.

-- Siddhant Kumar

Hay

Post by Hay » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm

I couldn't bear this torture more and I really needed my passport, therefore I did withdraw my application today I lost about 2000 pounds(1000 pounds solicitor and other fess + 972 pound home office). :((((((
After sorting out my problems I will definitely take home office to the court for such an inappropriate policy and will change this rule.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of ILR application

Post by chintaalfa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Hay wrote:I couldn't bear this torture more and I really needed my passport, therefore I did withdraw my application today I lost about 2000 pounds(1000 pounds solicitor and other fess + 972 pound home office). :((((((
After sorting out my problems I will definitely take home office to the court for such an inappropriate policy and will change this rule.
How long did you wait before you withdrew your application?

Hay

Re: Withdrawal of ILR application

Post by Hay » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:50 pm

chintaalfa wrote:
Hay wrote:I couldn't bear this torture more and I really needed my passport, therefore I did withdraw my application today I lost about 2000 pounds(1000 pounds solicitor and other fess + 972 pound home office). :((((((
How long did you wait before you withdrew your application?

14 weeks:(( am very frustrated....

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Re: Withdrawal of ILR application

Post by chintaalfa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Well even i am contemplating that it has come to a point where my job demands me to go abroad and have cancelled three trips because of non availability of passport

I have spent similar money to you

ILR seems more of a pain than previously imagined

Ana_W
Newly Registered

Post by Ana_W » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Wow... I feel very sorry for you.
But how did you know they didn't stamp ILR in your passport? What if it's been waiting for sending back to you?
It took 16 days after ILR has been stamped to deliver to my door.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Lull in ILRs after 20th May applications

Post by chintaalfa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:19 pm

There seems to be big lull in applications after this date, maybe they have a delay in sending passports once they have been stamped as it is done by a third party like the collection of fees

Hay

Post by Hay » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 pm

@Chintaalfa: the money we put into this was too much, hope u at least get yours. It's too much pain but unnecessary pain, it's the result of mismanagement and cruelty.That was our fault, we were lawful residents and either work or study and brought money for this country. We should have applied asylum, no pain, we were already British citizens for ages.
@Ana:I hope I get my pass back with ILR but doubt it. By the way, hope you don't forget your promise regarding signing a petition after receiving your ILR which you have already. However my plan to start complaining about them is within next 3 or 4 months.

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 am

Hay wrote:@Chintaalfa: the money we put into this was too much, hope u at least get yours. It's too much pain but unnecessary pain, it's the result of mismanagement and cruelty.That was our fault, we were lawful residents and either work or study and brought money for this country. We should have applied asylum, no pain, we were already British citizens for ages.
@Ana:I hope I get my pass back with ILR but doubt it. By the way, hope you don't forget your promise regarding signing a petition after receiving your ILR which you have already. However my plan to start complaining about them is within next 3 or 4 months.
Yeah hopefully when your passport is returned you get a nice surprise and see the ILR has been stamped in it.

Could you do us a favour and post on here when you receive the documents? I noticed that Ana_W was told her husband's passport would be returned within 15 working days so I'm curious what sort of timescale they return withdrawn application documents in. My wife and I are not planning on withdrawing her application but it would be good to know how quickly they act on such requests.

Nat000
Newly Registered

Post by Nat000 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 am

10 weeks...

Hay

Post by Hay » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 am

@Hauzen, yes, lets hope for it. but I am very disappointed with this UKBA.
for sure, I will let you know when I get it.

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 am

I requested my passport back on the 2nd August (it was sent with my wifes set M application).

I phoned up and the woman was really helpful and said no problem at all - they agreed to sent it recorded delivery to my work address.

I'll let you know when i receive it. The application has been in 8 weeks today.

Hay

Post by Hay » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 am

tommyjo wrote:I requested my passport back on the 2nd August (it was sent with my wifes set M application).

I phoned up and the woman was really helpful and said no problem at all - they agreed to sent it recorded delivery to my work address.

so u did withdraw application as well?:((( Home Office making a huge money through this:((

DSCS
Newly Registered

Post by DSCS » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:58 pm

They just want to make ez money from us and don't care about us!
Me waiting 6 weeks. No news or anything from them. I am sick.

I hope someone will bring them to the court.

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Hay wrote:
tommyjo wrote:I requested my passport back on the 2nd August (it was sent with my wifes set M application).

so u did withdraw application as well?:((( Home Office making a huge money through this:((
Hi - no just asked for my passport (not my wifes) as i'm a british citizen and she's brazilian - they apparently can photocopy my passport and send it back - her passport is remaining there until the application is done/processed...

Hay

Post by Hay » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:25 pm

tommyjo wrote:
Hay wrote:

Hi - no just asked for my passport (not my wifes) as i'm a british citizen and she's brazilian - they apparently can photocopy my passport and send it back - her passport is remaining there until the application is done/processed...

oh good, It's more painful when I lost that much money and still in torture and wait for my passport.

aleyibo
Newly Registered

Post by aleyibo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:34 pm

What's the implication of withdrawing one's application?

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 pm

aleyibo wrote:What's the implication of withdrawing one's application?
you lose the money you paid for the application. You are better off being very patient unless it is urgent.

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Return application fee

Post by chintaalfa » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm

i think they should return application fee if they havent done any work

Looks stupid that they take money and dont start acting onit until 10 or 14 weeks

Hay

Re: Return application fee

Post by Hay » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

chintaalfa wrote:

i think they should return application fee if they havent done any work

Looks stupid that they take money and dont start acting onit until 10 or 14 weeks
very good point Chintaalfa, I am gathering reasonable points as I swear to God I will take them to court for this unfair action. Thanks.