ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Cardiff - Thanks to the Forum

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VijayILR
Newly Registered

Post by VijayILR » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:49 pm

A huge thanks to the forum who helped me to organize all the documents I needed for our ILR (myself & wife)

I have been a silent reader on this forum and would like to share my experience at Cardiff PEO.

Few tips about Cardiff PEO

Car Parking : Lots of car parking slots available next to PEO office. Park the car as near as possible to PEO.

Waiting Time/Location : Once you handover the documents, you will be asked to wait outside of the building. If you don't park your car near by there are no places for that precious three hours.
There are two restaurants available where most of the applicants wait Or in your car.

Application Form : You can complete the application form using any PDF writer (FoxIT Reader) which helps your proof reviewing time in a considerable manner. Once you are confident enough, take the final printout. However your signature and should be made by Black Pen.

Give all the documents including your Xerox copies. I failed to provide the Xerox copies at the counter, assuming that she will was again. But she was kind enough to take Xerox copies in my case. However, guys don't take a risk.

No mobile phones/digital devices are allowed inside the office.

Make sure that you update your bank regarding the single transaction of £2025 (Main + Dependant).

I applied ILR for myself and my wife under WP-Tier1 route. Aug 2006 to Aug 2011. Less then 180 Days out of UK in five years.

My document check-list: (All Originals)

1. Passport Original
2. Completed Application form + empty forms (just in case)
3. Recent Photographs
4. Life in the UK Pass Letter
5. Attribute 1 : Graduation - Letter from Home Office received for previous Tier-1
6. Attribute 2 : Previous earnings - 12 months Payslips + 12 months Bank Statements (Marked end of line on salary date)
7. Attribute 3 : UK Experience - Previous Earnings documents prove the experience. so no need for any additional document.
8. Past 5 years of P60 - This is to prove that I am actively on employment before my Tier-1 (2009).
9. All home office letters (Work permits, WP Extension letters, Tier 1 Confirmation Letter)
10. Co-habitation Documents :
Payslips + Bank Statements of my wife (since March 2010)
Utility bills (Water Bill) since 2008
Almost all letters my wife received since 2008 - NHS Letters, Tier 1 dependent confirmation letter, Insure and GO insurance, Raid Card, National Express card and few other letters got from local council, Tenancy agreement)
Try to provide as mush documents as possible.

Employees at Cardiff PEO are so polite and explain why they need the documents. Cohabitation documents section was my only worry. Somehow I managed to collect the documents.

I provide my documents at 9:00 and I was called by 12:30 with a confirmation for both of us.

Monday was my appointment. Got my passport on Wednesday 11:30 as Cardiff PEO doesn't have vignette print facility.

Thanks to all senior members and moderators.

Cheers,
Vijay

sab124

Post by sab124 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm

congratulations Vijay

mano7878
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Success at Cardiff - Thanks to the Forum

Post by mano7878 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Congratulations .

Did you take dependants as well for PEO ?

Thanks

VijayILR
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Cardiff - Thanks to the Forum

Post by VijayILR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:55 am

Yes Mano. Dependent should appear in person.

Book the appointment for the dependent as well.