ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship for my minor son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doojaga
Newly Registered

british citizenship for my minor son

Post by doojaga » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:58 pm

hallo
Myself and my wife got ILR on 1st august 2010. My son is now 3 yrs old. He was born in India. Upto the age of 2yrs 11 months he was in India.
i have applied for his visa in India and he has got as dependant child of settled parents for the period of 3 yrs i.e. upto december 2013.
my son has come to london in the month may 2011.
Now myseld and my wife are due for british citizenship. my question is
whether along with our application for naturalisation can i submit my sons application for registration as a britsh child under apllication MN1?

I have read in the MN1 application there is column for 2 references. Wherein one reference from the teacher or health visitor.

When I have called Nationality Checking service they said for your child to apply for the british citizenship he should have stayed here for a continuous period of 2 yrs?

Now what is to be done. In the UK home office website it is written for a minor child application can be made alongwith parents applying for the naturalisation but dececision to grant citizenship for the child will be at the discretion of the home office.

can you please suggest me as to is it a right time for my son to apply for naturalisation along with our application (since he is in London only for 3 months). or I have to wait for him to finish 2 yrs of continuous stay and then apply.
awaiting your reply
regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:19 pm

2 years of residence is required for children over 13 years, not in your case. You can apply now.

See full details from paragraph 9.17.15

doojaga
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for minor chid

Post by doojaga » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Jambo wrote:2 years of residence is required for children over 13 years, not in your case. You can apply now.

See full details from paragraph 9.17.15
Thank you very much for your reply.

doojaga
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for minor child

Post by doojaga » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Very much appreciated.
One more quick query whether I have to fill up mn1 application only or any other for my minor child.
regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:23 pm

MN1 form only with all the supporting documents listed in the form/guide.