ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Great Success – ILR SET O (+ 1 Dependent) @ Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prince05
Newly Registered

Post by prince05 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

My application process couldn’t have gone more smoothly, it was like a walk in the park. After reading quite a few threads on this forum, I was little nervous about the process and because of this, I went over-prepared. I took every document that I had for the past 5 years and even more. But thankfully, I didn’t need any of those and the case worker who handled my application was cool and very friendly.

So, here’s the experience…

My appointment was at 2PM, initially I thought will there be enough time as the PEO closes at 4. Though they try to process most applications on the same day of receiving, it is better you book an earlier appointment if possible.

Myself and my wife decided to go to Sheffield PEO as it was closest to the place where I live. It was about 2 hr drive and as a caution for you all, if you decide to use a SatNAV, make sure that it has the most up-to-date map on it. We got totally lost in the city centre and added to that, there were too many no-entry lanes, one-ways and traffic lights. In fact, I haven’t seen so many traffic lights on one patch of the road even in London. So be prepared and as a safe side, do check a physical map (or Google Maps) before you head out.

After stopping and asking for directions for about 15 mins, we reached the destination. We used the Q-Park which is right next to the Vulcan House. The car park seemed quite full, but we managed to find an empty spot on level 1 itself. The cost was about 8 pounds for our entire stay and you pay this at the end, which is nice as you don’t need to worry about the timing and expiry on parking tickets. (There is a clean wash room right after the barriers, so head straight from the barriers (on foot) and the wash room is to your right.)

We went to the office which is on ground floor of Vulcan House at 1:20PM and were let in after the airport kind of security checks which everyone keeps mentioning on the forum. You are not allowed to use mobile phones once you are inside, but you can come out as many times as needed to make calls. Just make sure to inform the security, so when you come back, you don’t have to go through the initial security checks again.

Once we were in, we went to the reception counter, showed the confirmation and were given a token. Strangely, my wife’s name was listed as the main applicant and mine was not in the list at all. But that was not a problem. Oh, by the way, my 5 years added up on the following: WP + WP (change of employment) + Tier 1 (General)
Total Absences was below 120 days in 5 years

We took the token and were immediately called to a counter. The lady behind the counter was quite serious, she didn’t talk much, just took our application, checked it quickly, asked if we were applying for ILR + 1 dependent . I responded and then she asked about supporting documents. I responded saying, I have a bunch of them, should I submit all of it or specific ones. She said all and I gave the whole lot. She put them in a white folder along with my application form, but took out the payment form. She handed all of that back and asked me to pay the fee. There was no one on the fee counter so we had to wait a little. Another friendly lady appeared at the counter and apologised to keep us waiting. I paid the fee using my company card and then was asked to wait until our token number is called.

We had to wait for like 20 mins and then our case worker called us to the counter. She was very friendly, Asian lady (probably British born), she greeted us and told that she will be handling our case. She mentioned that it will take up to 1 hour and said that we can wait or go out and come back, but had to come back before 4PM as the doors will close then. She also asked if we had any questions for her. I enquired about copies of documents which I had and asked if I had to submit them now. Her expression was like “Great, you did bring copies!!â€
Last edited by prince05 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sab124

Post by sab124 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Congratulations

mano7878
Newly Registered
India

Re: Great Success – ILR SET O (+ 1 Dependent) @ Sheffield

Post by mano7878 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Congratulations.

Is it necessary to take dependatnds as well to PEO along with main applicants ?

I will be applying soon for ILR for me and dependant.

Thanks

genious

Re: Great Success – ILR SET O (+ 1 Dependent) @ Sheffield

Post by genious » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 am

mano7878 wrote:Congratulations.

Is it necessary to take dependatnds as well to PEO along with main applicants ?

I will be applying soon for ILR for me and dependant.

Thanks

No, not required. only if biometric required.

Jerseyguy
Newly Registered

Post by Jerseyguy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Congrats !!

Nice to hear the story ... must be quite a relief when the hard work of 5 yrs pays off ... enjoy :)

prince05
Newly Registered

Thx guys

Post by prince05 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks for your wishes guys....yes, it feels great after all the struggle for the past 5 yrs :)