ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Stuydying in Canada expedite Immigration??

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indiaone
Newly Registered

Will Stuydying in Canada expedite Immigration??

Post by indiaone » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:27 am

Hello,

I have been recently granted student Visa for 1 year Post Graduation Diploma in International Business which is schdule to start in the month of September, 2006. I had also applied for the immigration to Canada in AUGUST 2004 from India.

Can some one please tell me that would my studying in Canada i.e PG for 1 year expedite my immigration case. . If not then what all should i do to expedite the same.
( I will be be submitting notarized documents of student visa, offer letter from college and my resignation letter from the company with CHC).

Looking forward to hear from the experts.

Regards,
Indiaone

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:19 pm

It could possibly expedite your application by:

1. virtue of your admission to Canada for 12 or more months you may file your application at Buffalo in the US as opposed to the visa posts in India that have the longest queues - I believe stretching to 60 Months. Negating this is that Buffalo has the highest proportion of third country nationals (non US citizens) applying and they tend to get interviewed unless US educated and having US work experience. Reputable contacts in the field inform me the highest percentage of said 3rd country nationals are Indian citizens on H1B applying for Can PR as an insurance policy in case their green cards don't work out.

2. slightly reducing your chances of being called for interview over concerns in respect of your educational qualifications.

Ultimatley I think the former reason holds more than the latter. Note if you file at Buffalo and are required to attend an interview then you must be able to get US visa. The Canadians won't get involved since its not their responsibility to get you to interview. If you believe this US visa issue may be problematic then don't file at Buffalo.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:02 am

Kayalami,
This bloke Indiaone has already filed his application according to his post in 2004 via India.

Your answer is correct but isn't it only likely in the instance of submitting a new application as per change in circumstance or transfering of file to Buffalo since his residence will change from Indian to Canada?

His question was in regard to expiditing the process he has already started.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:37 am

jes2jes,

Thanks for the heads up. IMHO the study in Canada on its own will not expedite the application. The op has to make a judgment call on whether the queue in India is of such length that he is better off re-filing a fresh application at Buffalo. If such is the case he needs to consider the US visa issue should there be a requirement for interview.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am

i fuklly agree with Kayalami,
2004 applicant from new delhi means wait till your hair get white.
Better reapply from buffalo office. Keep studying in canada. getting US vistor visa is million dollar question in case interview comes. But still take chance i will suggest. immigration is all about strong mind games/moves.
here i m waiting for more than 4 years, april 2002 applicant from new -delhi. no reply & keep waiting.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:21 pm

Kayalami,
If the OP has to re-apply in Buffulo after 1 year of residency in Canada, doesn't he need to withdraw his application first from India?

Wouldn't it be a better option to let the application be in the queue for now and after one year of qualifying residency in Canada apply through Buffulo? I guess withrawing after one year will not be allowed because they will judge it on the basis he want's a faster processing office and IMHO will be better for him to present a fresh application after withrawing.

Suggestions welcome!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:44 pm

1. An applicant needs only to be admitted to the relevant country for at least 1 year to be able to apply at the Canadian visa post serving said country i.e. in this case OP if issued a student visa for Canada of at least 1 year he can apply at Buffalo as soon as he arrives in Canada. Effectively he could mail his application as soon as he leaves say Toronto's Lester Pearson Airport (subject to him being landed as a student). You don't have to spend a year in the country.

2. The immigration forms ask if a prior application has been made to which the OP would fill out the relevant details including B file number. Buffalo would then write back stating the other (New Delhi or appropiate post) application needs to be cancelled. To save time its best for the OP to write a letter to New Delhi withdrawing his application and include this in his Buffalo package.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Thanks Kayalami for the clarification. Deeply appreciated.

rely

Post by rely » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:55 am

Kayalami wrote:1. An applicant needs only to be admitted to the relevant country for at least 1 year to be able to apply at the Canadian visa post serving said country i.e. in this case OP if issued a student visa for Canada of at least 1 year he can apply at Buffalo as soon as he arrives in Canada. Effectively he could mail his application as soon as he leaves say Toronto's Lester Pearson Airport (subject to him being landed as a student). You don't have to spend a year in the country.

2. The immigration forms ask if a prior application has been made to which the OP would fill out the relevant details including B file number. Buffalo would then write back stating the other (New Delhi or appropiate post) application needs to be cancelled. To save time its best for the OP to write a letter to New Delhi withdrawing his application and include this in his Buffalo package.

He has to be withdrawn before filing it again.Two applications cant be filed together.
rely

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:51 pm

You can't have two applications pending. To save the applicant processing time between the visa posts communicating with him on the matter of withdrawn applications I have IMHO suggested he write addressing this matter in his second application.