ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

berber

Post by berber » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi

time scale:

01 / 06 /2011 received by H O
13 / 07 /2011 CoA (dated 27th june)
?? / ?? /20?? RC(still waiting)
Last edited by berber on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 am

[quote="berber"]Hi

time scale:

I know we all here having hard time while we waiting. Can i suggest each of you leave Joke just after he/she giving us her/his time scale??????????

Joke::
There were three fathers to be in a hospital waiting room, waiting for their babies to be born.

The first nurse comes out and tells the first father, "Congratulations you're the father of twins!" He says, “Great! I am the manager for the Minnesota Twins.â€

berber

Post by berber » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 am

[quote="imraniqbal2010"][quote="berber"]Hi

time scale:

I know we all here having hard time while we waiting. Can i suggest each of you leave Joke just after he/she giving us her/his time scale??????????

Joke::
There were three fathers to be in a hospital waiting room, waiting for their babies to be born.

The first nurse comes out and tells the first father, "Congratulations you're the father of twins!" He says, “Great! I am the manager for the Minnesota Twins.â€

flames
Newly Registered

Post by flames » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 am

EEA 2 application sent (marriage based) - 7 March 2011
HO received - 8 March 2011
COA (certificate of application) received - 26 March dated 23 March 2011
Received Letter requesting further documentation dated 7 June, sent back the documents on 14 June
RC received 1 August, dated 14 July.

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Congrats Flames :D

You can now look forward to your future :D

kimchi_bb
Newly Registered

Re: overstay?

Post by kimchi_bb » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:53 pm

alekos wrote:
kimchi_bb wrote:Hello everyone, have a difficult situation pls help! I am about to apply EEA2 and I am not a visa national. I can stay for 6 mths with my entry stamp but I arrived in the end of Apr, and got married in July. Which means my 6 mths will be expired in Oct while I would still be waiting for RC. I am afraid that they would count me as overstayed and reject my application. Me and my husband are planning a visit to his parents in late Aug and when I come back I will have a new stamp on my passport. but if I dont receive the COA by then, I am afraid they would not let me in with my marriage certificate and just send me back home :(, or they could just dont let me in even with the COA?

I read on the UKBA website that:
You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.

We are frustrated of the situation, that would be a big problem if they count me as an overstayed person! how could I come back!? Pls help and thanks in advance!!
For the first three months you and your EEA husband don't need to do much to enter and leave the UK. It's a good idea to carry your marriage certificate if travelling, though.

After 90 days, EEA citizen needs to exercise treaty rights in the UK, in order to allow you to stay in the UK legally. A Residence Card issued by UKBA is only to confirm your rights of free movement as a family member. It expires, but not your relationship which is what counts.

I'd suggest you apply for a RC once you return to the UK after your journey in August, as applying for a RC can take up to 6 months and your passport will be held by UKBA for most if not all of the time. You do not need a RC, but it makes life easier in the UK and Europe in general if you go on holidays with your husband.

As long as the relationship is genuine and your husband exercises treaty rights in the UK, you will never be an overstayer.
Thanks for the info alekos! I will need to go back home in oct anyway, the trip in aug will be postponed to x'mas, so I wont be overstay just I will need the COA when I come back! hope it wont be a problem.

But one thing I dont understand, what does that 3 mths mean? My husband has been working in the UK for 4 yrs already.

alekos

Post by alekos » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:33 pm

kimchi_bb wrote:
alekos wrote:
kimchi_bb wrote:
For the first three months you and your EEA husband don't need to do much to enter and leave the UK. It's a good idea to carry your marriage certificate if travelling, though.
But one thing I dont understand, what does that 3 mths mean? My husband has been working in the UK for 4 yrs already.
I thought you had both just come to the UK. My mistake.
As long as your husband is exercising treaty rights in the UK and the relationship between you two is genuine, you can never be an overstayer. No matter what a stamp may say.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

seputus

Post by seputus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

flames wrote:EEA 2 application sent (marriage based) - 7 March 2011
Received Letter requesting further documentation dated 7 June, sent back the documents on 14 June
Hi Flames, congrats on your RC card :) But I'm also interested in understanding what additional documents the HO requested. Can you advise?

angjax
Newly Registered

Post by angjax » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi all, here's my timeline:

Application received by Home Office 21 June 2011
COA received 8 July 2011
Residence Card arrived 4 August 2011

Just over 6 weeks from start to finish, I couldn't believe it when it arrived today!!

I had called the European Enquiries Centre just under two week ago to ask for my passport back as I needed to travel at the end of the month, when it arrived today I just presumed they were returning it, but instead all my documents were returned and my passport had the residence card inside it - valid for 5 years.

Hopefully this is a new trend?! Good luck to everyone else who is waiting:)

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:38 pm

angjax wrote:I had called the European Enquiries Centre just under two week ago to ask for my passport back as I needed to travel at the end of the month, when it arrived today I just presumed they were returning it, but instead all my documents were returned and my passport had the residence card inside it - valid for 5 years.

When you called them, did you have to give a detailed account of your travel plans? Or was the request all they needed to send it back?
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:31 pm

flames wrote:EEA 2 application sent (marriage based) - 7 March 2011
Congratulation flames.

angjax
Newly Registered

Post by angjax » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 am

Qman wrote:
angjax wrote:I had called the European Enquiries Centre just under two week ago to ask for my passport back as I needed to travel at the end of the month, when it arrived today I just presumed they were returning it, but instead all my documents were returned and my passport had the residence card inside it - valid for 5 years.

When you called them, did you have to give a detailed account of your travel plans? Or was the request all they needed to send it back?
Hi, I didn't have to provide any proof of my travel plans, all she asked for was the date I needed the documents back by. It was the same for my husband, no questions or proof required at all.

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 am

angjax wrote:
Qman wrote:

Hi, I didn't have to provide any proof of my travel plans, all she asked for was the date I needed the documents back by. It was the same for my husband, no questions or proof required at all.[/q

where are u and ur spouse from ? and what is your application type pls ?

angjax
Newly Registered

Post by angjax » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 am

where are u and ur spouse from ? and what is your application type pls ?[/quote]

My husband is an Irish born national, I'm a New Zealander, I applied for an EEA2 family permit on arrival in England (he had a job offer here already).

kimchi_bb
Newly Registered

Post by kimchi_bb » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm

alekos wrote:
kimchi_bb wrote:
alekos wrote:
kimchi_bb wrote:
I thought you had both just come to the UK. My mistake.
As long as your husband is exercising treaty rights in the UK and the relationship between you two is genuine, you can never be an overstayer. No matter what a stamp may say.
Thanks again for the reply. I have a new question - I have just received a call from a job agency for an interview, but this guy wants me to be 100% sure I can work here full time. I explained my situation and I just got a visitor stamp atm, so... What I read from other posters, on the COA that will tell if you are allowed to work. I am confused as I havent sent out my application yet. Means I may not be able to work! I am quite likely that I would lose this opportunity :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 pm

kimchi_bb wrote:Thanks again for the reply. I have a new question - I have just received a call from a job agency for an interview, but this guy wants me to be 100% sure I can work here full time. I explained my situation and I just got a visitor stamp atm, so... What I read from other posters, on the COA that will tell if you are allowed to work. I am confused as I havent sent out my application yet. Means I may not be able to work! I am quite likely that I would lose this opportunity :(
I suggest you send your EEA2 application ASAP. Although you have the right to work, it's understandable that employer won't take your word for it and they are not expect to be familiar with all aspects of immigration laws.
As you married, the CoA will confirm your right to work but this would take about one month to get. As this is just the interview stage and not an offer yet, maybe they will be OK to conduct the interview on the basis that you will prove your right to work in the UK in a few weeks.

tacka
Newly Registered

Post by tacka » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:51 pm

angjax wrote:Hi all, here's my timeline:

COA received 8 July 2011

Just over 6 weeks from start to finish, I couldn't believe it when it arrived today!!

As angjax says, hopefully it may be the case.
My very brief timeline so far:

1/8/11 EEA2 posted by Special Delivery
2/8/11 Received by UKBA
5/8/11(today) CoA received(dated 3/8/11)!
I was prepared for at least a month wait for CoA, so it came as a big surprise.

I am a Japanese national and my husband is Swedish(Employed).
As additional info I had previously been on Tier4(Student) that was valid till October 2011, and send the ICFN with my application.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 am

tacka wrote:As angjax says, hopefully it may be the case.

2/8/11 Received by UKBA

As additional info I had previously been on Tier4(Student) that was valid till October 2011, and send the ICFN with my application.
Seriously? That is a ridiculously quick timeline. I'll be over the moon if I could even get my RC this month! Pls, Keep us posted.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

tacka
Newly Registered

Post by tacka » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 am

Yes it's ridiculously quick.
When I got a previous Tier4 two years ago it was fairly quick too, all in all one month, but this time I am not paying a single penny... it may be true that they are trying to speed up the processes quiet recently.

However this might be the case that my application happened to be on top of the pile and a 'letter opener' just opened it and automatically generated the CoA, leaving its process to some caseworker. You'll never know how long it'll take to issue a RC...

Although thanks to people here I'm prepared for the wait!
I will certainly keep you updated.

berber

Post by berber » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi,

my time scale:

01/06/2011 received by HO
14/07/2011 CoA
??/??/20?? RC(Waiting to come)

good luck

rollingstar
Newly Registered

EEA2 application

Post by rollingstar » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 am

hi,,, First i would like to congratulate u that you have got your RC. I wanted to know what documents did you provide with your EEA2 form??? I am tier4 student and have visa till December 2011. I am Pakistani.
My documents were:
My UK college visa letter, College Certificates, student of the year award from college, bank statement showing that me and my wife live at same address, my Passport.
My EU wife documents: Passport, Home office letter showing that she is exercising treaty rights in UK, Payslips, Employer contract, bank statement, tenancy agreement, utility bills, Marriage Certificate, Marriage photos and other relationship photos.

My timeline is:
Application sent to HO on 22/07/2011 by recorded delivery.
EEA2 application received by HO on 25/07/2011
COA: Still waiting.

Now can you please tell me what documents did you attach??? And one more thing my wife she booked the holidays on 18/08/2011. So thats why i attached a letter with the application requesting my wife passport back only because i don't my passport to be back because then they will issue me separate RC on letter not attached with my passport as u know. Thats why i only requested her passport to be back on 5/08/2011. Today is 6/08/2011 but i have not received her passport back. As i know she booked holidays on 18/08/2011 so still have time. So should i contact HO to remind about my wife passport and about my COA.
Reply.
Thanks.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:42 am

COA received 8 July 2011

I had called the European Enquiries Centre just under two week ago to ask for my passport back as I needed to travel at the end of the month, when it arrived today I just presumed they were returning it, but instead all my documents were returned and my passport had the residence card inside it - valid for 5 years.

hi,,, First i would like to congratulate u that you have got your RC. I wanted to know what documents did you provide with your EEA2 form??? I am tier4 student and have visa till December 2011. I am Pakistani.
My documents were:
My UK college visa letter, College Certificates, student of the year award from college, bank statement showing that me and my wife live at same address, my Passport.
My EU wife documents: Passport, Home office letter showing that she is exercising treaty rights in UK, Payslips, Employer contract, bank statement, tenancy agreement, utility bills, Marriage Certificate, Marriage photos and other relationship photos.

My timeline is:

Now can you please tell me what documents did you attach??? And one more thing my wife she booked the holidays on 18/08/2011. So thats why i attached a letter with the application requesting my wife passport back only because i don't my passport to be back because then they will issue me separate RC on letter not attached with my passport as u know. Thats why i only requested her passport to be back on 5/08/2011. Today is 6/08/2011 but i have not received her passport back. As i know she booked holidays on 18/08/2011 so still have time. So should i contact HO to remind about my wife passport and about my COA.
Reply.
Thanks.

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 am

tacka wrote:

COA received 8 July 2011

As angjax says, hopefully it may be the case.

2/8/11 Received by UKBA

My documents were:

My timeline is:

Reply.
Thanks.

Qman
United Kingdom

Post by Qman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Rolling star, can I just ask why you felt the need to repost the same message three times? It is not going to make anyone reply any faster, in fact maybe the opposite. Plus, traffic is slower on weekends and people are busy so there might not be an answer immediately.

As for your issue, could you tell us what nationality your spouse is, because there are sometimes special conditions for different european country nationals.

The documents you sent would seem to be sufficient and as long as the Home Office have no reason to question your marriage it should be fine. Have you been married for a long time? That might be their issue but not a major point either.

As for the return of documents, from what I've been told, you should probably call or email them to request/remind them of your request for the passport details can be found HERE

You just need to hope they do not consider the 5th of August as the day the request was made meaning it would be 10 working days from then

Best of luck, but please try not too duplicate your posts next time.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

rollingstar
Newly Registered

Post by rollingstar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 am

Qman wrote:Rolling star, can I just ask why you felt the need to repost the same message three times? It is not going to make anyone reply any faster, in fact maybe the opposite. Plus, traffic is slower on weekends and people are busy so there might not be an answer immediately.

As for your issue, could you tell us what nationality your spouse is, because there are sometimes special conditions for different european country nationals.

The documents you sent would seem to be sufficient and as long as the Home Office have no reason to question your marriage it should be fine. Have you been married for a long time? That might be their issue but not a major point either.

As for the return of documents, from what I've been told, you should probably call or email them to request/remind them of your request for the passport details can be found HERE

You just need to hope they do not consider the 5th of August as the day the request was made meaning it would be 10 working days from then

Best of luck, but please try not too duplicate your posts next time.
Sorry mate,, i am new to the forum so i did not know,, i would not repeat it again.
come to the point, my wife has Latvian nationality, its only been 2months that we got married, but we are in relationship for more than 1 year.